AMEC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Environmental Scientist Interview

Environmental Scientist
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AMEC in March 2014.

Interview Details – I talked with 3 senior managers and 3 peer employees. The interview went for almost 4 hours. Very relax, no hard questions. Mostly only introducing each project and asking general questions about my resume.

Interview Question – How do people like you   Answer Question

Technical Professional III Interview

Technical Professional III

Interviewed at AMEC

Interview Details – One in person interview with 3 Senior Managers

Interview Question – Typical questions: What are your strengths? Weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible but not very impressive

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

Interviewed at AMEC

Interview Details – Position not advertised. The company called me from my reputation and projects I had worked on.

Interview Question – How much $$$ did I want for salary.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Vero Beach, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at AMEC in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call for an interview and met the Office Manager and Project Manager. Felt immediately at ease and interview was brief. Was asked about my database experience as well as administrative and HR experience. Was called a few hours later and offered the job.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

Interview Details – They contacted me for the interview and made things happen fast. When they find a good candidate they act fast. Had a offer in writing in less then a week.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions for me, everything went very smooth.   Answer Question

GIS Specialist Interview

GIS Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AMEC in January 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter from Alan and York in Dubai called me, saying they'd seen my cv on gulftalent.com. Interview was over the phone with him then with AMEC a week or so later. He seemed professional and open. The AMEC interviewer was very personable and asked no difficult questions at all. Actually the recruiter prepared me poorly because I got the impression I was being hired for a different project so spent a lot of time preparing for that. Didn't matter in the end.

Interview Question – Honestly there were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions, it was very easy although I had prepared well by practicing in front of a video camera.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter told me the range of salary I'd be offered. They offered the lowest of the range. Surprising given how well I did in the interview. I requested more and the recruiter lied saying 2 other people were being considered. I know it was a lie as I found the folder with interviewee ratings at work. There was only one other and he was recommended for another project. The offer generally was fairly good though so I was prepared to accept but they ended up increasing it by $10000

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with the department Principal and PM. Basic questions about experience and professional goals. More focus on if I was a good fit for the organization. It's been many years since the interview. I don't remember specifics.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy. 10 minutes with the HR director. Little room for negotiation, but their initial offer exceeded my wants..

Office Administror Interview

Office Administror
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AMEC in May 2012.

Interview Details – Previous Office Admin gave 2 weeks notice on Monday. That Thursday I secured an interview through a temp agency. Friday I received the call that they wanted me. Monday morning I went to my temp agency for a drug test and an hour later I started temping.

Interview Question – I was asked a little about IT. The question was a little vague and so I answered it verbalizing the assumptions, taking it in about three directions. The interviewer, which was the previous Office Administrator, was so impressed with my level of knowledge that she said the way I answered let here know I knew what I was talking about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time I would have answered that I thought it went well. Six months after I was hired I realized that the raise meeting we set up during the negotiation phase would not result in a raise but only a talk about how much I deserved one without it's implementation.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

Interview Details – Visit office, interview with senior staff members, discuss salary requirements

Interview Question – WHat did you not like about your previous employer; what is your required salary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer letter issued; requested revisions by applicant; minor revisions with minimal adjustment to salary offer.

Entry to Mid Level Geophysicist Interview

Entry to Mid Level Geophysicist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AMEC in January 2013.

Interview Details – Found out about job opportunity from a professor. I emailed the company and filled out the application online. Within 24 hrs they contacted me and set up a phone interview. During this interview they asked me general questions about myself, nothing too technical. After the phone interview I was asked in for an in-person interview. This took about half a day and ended with lunch. I spent time talking with many different people throughout the company. The people who were not on the phone interview asked me some basic questions based off of my resume. Everyone else asked me a few questions, but again not really anything technical. A lot of the interview was them mostly showing me what they were working on.

Interview Question – The lack of technical questions was surprising.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They seemed very excited about having me, but the paycheck didn't seem to match this, especially since I would have to relocate for the position and that they have had trouble finding someone to fill the position.. They also seemed to think, that me being essentially guaranteed overtime hours was a pro and not a con.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AMEC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMEC interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMEC employees and interview candidates.