AMEC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at AMEC in May 2010.

Your resume should reflect what your true skills are, you will be called on it, so be honest. Try to come at least 5 minutes early to familiarize yourself with the location, vibe and flow of the branch in which you are applying.

Interview Questions
    • None, you will be told the short and skinny after hire   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AMEC in March 2014.

I talked with 3 senior managers and 3 peer employees. The interview went for almost 4 hours. Very relax, no hard questions. Mostly only introducing each project and asking general questions about my resume.

Technical Professional III Interview

One in person interview with 3 Senior Managers

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is possible but not very impressive

Senior Project Manager Interview

Position not advertised. The company called me from my reputation and projects I had worked on.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at AMEC in July 2011.

Got a call for an interview and met the Office Manager and Project Manager. Felt immediately at ease and interview was brief. Was asked about my database experience as well as administrative and HR experience. Was called a few hours later and offered the job.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

They contacted me for the interview and made things happen fast. When they find a good candidate they act fast. Had a offer in writing in less then a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions for me, everything went very smooth.   Answer Question

GIS Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AMEC in January 2013.

Recruiter from Alan and York in Dubai called me, saying they'd seen my cv on gulftalent.com. Interview was over the phone with him then with AMEC a week or so later. He seemed professional and open. The AMEC interviewer was very personable and asked no difficult questions at all. Actually the recruiter prepared me poorly because I got the impression I was being hired for a different project so spent a lot of time preparing for that. Didn't matter in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions, it was very easy although I had prepared well by practicing in front of a video camera.   Answer Question
    The recruiter told me the range of salary I'd be offered. They offered the lowest of the range. Surprising given how well I did in the interview. I requested more and the recruiter lied saying 2 other people were being considered. I know it was a lie as I found the folder with interviewee ratings at work. There was only one other and he was recommended for another project. The offer generally was fairly good though so I was prepared to accept but they ended up increasing it by $10000

Project Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

2 interviews with the department Principal and PM. Basic questions about experience and professional goals. More focus on if I was a good fit for the organization. It's been many years since the interview. I don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. 10 minutes with the HR director. Little room for negotiation, but their initial offer exceeded my wants..

Office Administror Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AMEC in May 2012.

Previous Office Admin gave 2 weeks notice on Monday. That Thursday I secured an interview through a temp agency. Friday I received the call that they wanted me. Monday morning I went to my temp agency for a drug test and an hour later I started temping.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a little about IT. The question was a little vague and so I answered it verbalizing the assumptions, taking it in about three directions. The interviewer, which was the previous Office Administrator, was so impressed with my level of knowledge that she said the way I answered let here know I knew what I was talking about.   Answer Question
    At the time I would have answered that I thought it went well. Six months after I was hired I realized that the raise meeting we set up during the negotiation phase would not result in a raise but only a talk about how much I deserved one without it's implementation.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

Visit office, interview with senior staff members, discuss salary requirements

Interview Questions
    • WHat did you not like about your previous employer; what is your required salary   Answer Question
    Offer letter issued; requested revisions by applicant; minor revisions with minimal adjustment to salary offer.

Worked for AMEC? Contribute to the Community!