AMEC Interview Questions

2.4

Technical Professional III Interview

One in person interview with 3 Senior Managers

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is possible but not very impressive

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AMEC in March 2014.

I talked with 3 senior managers and 3 peer employees. The interview went for almost 4 hours. Very relax, no hard questions. Mostly only introducing each project and asking general questions about my resume.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Position not advertised. The company called me from my reputation and projects I had worked on.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

They contacted me for the interview and made things happen fast. When they find a good candidate they act fast. Had a offer in writing in less then a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions for me, everything went very smooth.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

2 interviews with the department Principal and PM. Basic questions about experience and professional goals. More focus on if I was a good fit for the organization. It's been many years since the interview. I don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. 10 minutes with the HR director. Little room for negotiation, but their initial offer exceeded my wants..

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMEC.

Visit office, interview with senior staff members, discuss salary requirements

Interview Questions
    • WHat did you not like about your previous employer; what is your required salary   Answer Question
    Offer letter issued; requested revisions by applicant; minor revisions with minimal adjustment to salary offer.

Project Administrator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AMEC.

Received call from recruiter, scheduled interview for following week. I went into interview and it was very informal-just reviewed my prior work history and then the interviewer went over job description.

GIS Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AMEC in January 2013.

Recruiter from Alan and York in Dubai called me, saying they'd seen my cv on gulftalent.com. Interview was over the phone with him then with AMEC a week or so later. He seemed professional and open. The AMEC interviewer was very personable and asked no difficult questions at all. Actually the recruiter prepared me poorly because I got the impression I was being hired for a different project so spent a lot of time preparing for that. Didn't matter in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions, it was very easy although I had prepared well by practicing in front of a video camera.   Answer Question
    The recruiter told me the range of salary I'd be offered. They offered the lowest of the range. Surprising given how well I did in the interview. I requested more and the recruiter lied saying 2 other people were being considered. I know it was a lie as I found the folder with interviewee ratings at work. There was only one other and he was recommended for another project. The offer generally was fairly good though so I was prepared to accept but they ended up increasing it by $10000

Entry to Mid Level Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AMEC in January 2013.

Found out about job opportunity from a professor. I emailed the company and filled out the application online. Within 24 hrs they contacted me and set up a phone interview. During this interview they asked me general questions about myself, nothing too technical. After the phone interview I was asked in for an in-person interview. This took about half a day and ended with lunch. I spent time talking with many different people throughout the company. The people who were not on the phone interview asked me some basic questions based off of my resume. Everyone else asked me a few questions, but again not really anything technical. A lot of the interview was them mostly showing me what they were working on.

Interview Questions

They seemed very excited about having me, but the paycheck didn't seem to match this, especially since I would have to relocate for the position and that they have had trouble finding someone to fill the position.. They also seemed to think, that me being essentially guaranteed overtime hours was a pro and not a con.

Office Administror Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AMEC in May 2012.

Previous Office Admin gave 2 weeks notice on Monday. That Thursday I secured an interview through a temp agency. Friday I received the call that they wanted me. Monday morning I went to my temp agency for a drug test and an hour later I started temping.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a little about IT. The question was a little vague and so I answered it verbalizing the assumptions, taking it in about three directions. The interviewer, which was the previous Office Administrator, was so impressed with my level of knowledge that she said the way I answered let here know I knew what I was talking about.   Answer Question
    At the time I would have answered that I thought it went well. Six months after I was hired I realized that the raise meeting we set up during the negotiation phase would not result in a raise but only a talk about how much I deserved one without it's implementation.

Worked for AMEC? Contribute to the Community!