AMEC NSS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMEC NSS (Chelmsford, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

They used a good cop/ bad cop routine during the group interview portion. That was a real turnoff. One of the interviewers in particular was very focused on making sure I understood that they had strict policies that I'd need to adhere to or be let go, including use of cell phones in personal vehicles. Not very interested in selling me what the work would be like, or how great it was to work there.

Interview Questions

• What was a problematic project you were directly involved with?   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. Heard back via e-mail for an interview with a HR and 2 managers in their Toronto location. After the interview, gave a 10-minute presentation. Wrote a short written test for written communication skills.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work for AMEC? What do you know about AMEC? -Your strengths and weaknesses? -Your favorite and least favorite courses? -Why did you study ___ in undergraduate? Why did you choose that major?   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMEC NSS.

Interview

Applied through university job board.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took an initiative out of your job that profited the company.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMEC NSS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

1. HR sent an email to arrange an interview with 4 people (2 managers, 1 engineer, 1 HR rep) 2. Interview consisted of behavioural and technical questions 3. 5 minute technical presentation and case study at the end 4. 4 to 5 weeks for decision 5. Flexible start date - During the interview, started with basic behavioural questions related to resume and experiences - Asked about most/least favourite courses and current lab work - Technical questions related to courses - Questions asked about company - Why should we hire you? - What are some of the challenges our company is facing?

New Grad Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AMEC NSS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Attended the information session. Had only one round of interviews in October. They run from Mid October to Mid November with decisions at the end of November. The results are announced in December. The interview consists of behavioral, simple nuclear engineering technical questions and a short presentation on any engineering project you have done in school.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMEC NSS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

General Personality Questions: - Discuss a time you led a team - Discuss an obstacle - Name some courses you like - What are your three greatest strengths... Interviewed in their Toronto office with HR and 2 Directors

Interview Questions

• How to improve a Heat Exchanger   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. Unionized company.