I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMEC NSS in December 2009.
Interview Details – General Personality Questions:
- Discuss a time you led a team
- Discuss an obstacle
- Name some courses you like
- What are your three greatest strengths...
Interviewed in their Toronto office with HR and 2 Directors
Interview Question – How to improve a Heat Exchanger View Answer
Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed. Unionized company.
I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMEC NSS.
Interview Details – Applied through university job board.
Interview Question – Describe a time when you took an initiative out of your job that profited the company. Answer Question
The process took a day - interviewed at AMEC NSS in November 2011.
Interview Details – 1. HR sent an email to arrange an interview with 4 people (2 managers, 1 engineer, 1 HR rep)
2. Interview consisted of behavioural and technical questions
3. 5 minute technical presentation and case study at the end
4. 4 to 5 weeks for decision
5. Flexible start date
- During the interview, started with basic behavioural questions related to resume and experiences
- Asked about most/least favourite courses and current lab work
- Technical questions related to courses
- Questions asked about company
- Why should we hire you?
- What are some of the challenges our company is facing?
I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AMEC NSS in October 2011.
Interview Details – Attended the information session. Had only one round of interviews in October. They run from Mid October to Mid November with decisions at the end of November. The results are announced in December. The interview consists of behavioral, simple nuclear engineering technical questions and a short presentation on any engineering project you have done in school.
Interview Question – Why do you want to work for AMEC NSS? Answer Question
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
No thanks –