AMETEK Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMETEK in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter regarding a few positions with Ametek. They decided I was best fit for the Regional Manager position with the Sensor Technologies Business Unit. Initially had a phone interview. Then was scheduled to go to their factory in PA for in person interview with multiple managers. The original travel schedule that was sent to me was insulting with multi-leg plane stops requiring me to take 2 days off from my current job to interview with them for 3 hours. I refused and they amended the plane tickets to direct flights. The interviews went well but while I was impressed with the people I met, the seriously missed asking many key questions or providing key information. I was told shortly thereafter that I would receive an offer. At that point I let them know I couldn't start immediately but in 2 months as I needed to finish the fiscal year at my current position to qualify for my significant end of the year bonus. After that, no offer and total silence for weeks despite the fact that I contacted the recruiter many times to find out what was going on. Finally the national sales manager came to town and wanted to meet with me. We met and then an offer was made. Unfortunately the offer was significantly less then the recruiter had originally told me at the beginning of the process. The recruiter claimed she had confused this position with another one. At the end, we could not come to an agreement and the exercise was a complete was of time. I found the recruiter and the organization to be not completely but mostly unprofessional. After we decided to part ways I reached out to the national sales manager to thank him and wish him luck. As a confirmation to his unprofessionalism and that I had made the right decision not to work there, he did not respond.

Interview Questions

Offer was not as promised and unprofessionalism of company.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMETEK (Wilmington, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to visit for an interview within a few weeks. They were very flexible when it came to finding an appropriate time to visit. The interview lasted 3-4 hours with 2 engineers and a phone call with a manager. I was given the tour of the facility first. This allowed me to assess the nature of the position and the equipment used. Afterwords I spent time with some of the engineers. Most of the questions we focused around my experience and what I was looking for in a position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about two similar projects I worked on. It dealt with the phase/lag lead of an LVDT position sensor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a slightly larger salary than the one offered to me.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMETEK (Binghamton, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I got called for an interview. I had to speak with two managers and one manufacturing engineer. They were very polite and didn't ask me much questions. I am still working for them but looking for another job

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years? why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed a job so badly and wanted to be closer to my family. They offered to pay my schooling for me. I accepted the offer even though I was making more money in my previous job.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AMETEK (Kent, OH).

Interview

Placed by a recruiter. Had an initial phone interview with HR manager. Second interview was in person. Met with 4-5 managers and leads. Overall process was pleasant and professional. Everyone seemed very competent, friendly, and the new facility was very nice. Seemed somewhat casual, yet results driven at the same time

Interview Questions

• Had a lot of technical questions. Can't recall specific ones, but they wanted to get a good feel for technical competence.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AMETEK in July 2013.

Interview

Very professional and positive experience.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMETEK in November 2012.

Interview

Typical telephone conversation first, physical interview had 5 different people

Interview Questions

• Can't think of the most difficult or unexpected   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMETEK (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Typical discussions with HR Manager and division vice presidents. Focused on my background, my experiences, my strengths, my weaknesses, my expectations, etc... Screening first by recruiter in two separate sessions. Follow up interviews with at least 4 other people some in person and some on the phone. Feedback was slow. Too long between interviews

Interview Questions

• How can I contribute to the success of the organization?   Answer Question

Assembly Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMETEK (Worthington, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a normal scenario, nothing out of the ordinary. You meet the division manager who is hiring for their shift. Second interview, is to impress the division manager and the HR crew.

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMETEK (Oak Ridge, TN) in December 2010.

Interview

This seemed like a good company to work for, but as I already have a good job I was waiting for them to try and sell to me on the reasons to quit and come work for them. Many of the interviewers were enthusiastic about the company, but the HR Director seemed to take a different tack. She seems to approach the interview from a unilateral perspective, like I should convince them to hire me (when I was looking for someone to convince me to work there!). Afterward, I heard from the recruiter that she felt like I was not serious about the job (even though I took a day of vacation and traveled over 800 miles for the interview). Also, they did not seem to respect my time, in that they booked me on a flight itinerary which included a 4 hour layover in Atlanta, as opposed to a direct flight to Knoxville, because is was several hundred dollars cheaper. This resulted in me burning an entire Sunday away from my family, to accommodate their budgetary concerns.

Interview Questions

• What unique skills do your bring to a sales & marketing team?   Answer Question
    • How have you been able to improve sales of your products?   Answer Question

Engineering Director Interview

Interview

How did you hear about us and how many years of experience you had in this specific field following graduation from your Engineering School and Graduate program. The interview was smooth conducted with a technical specialist as well as another interview with the Human Resources Department at the company. I was so pleased with both processes.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience?   1 Answer