AMETEK

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Kent, OH

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AMETEK.

Interview Details – Placed by a recruiter. Had an initial phone interview with HR manager. Second interview was in person. Met with 4-5 managers and leads. Overall process was pleasant and professional. Everyone seemed very competent, friendly, and the new facility was very nice. Seemed somewhat casual, yet results driven at the same time

Interview Question – Had a lot of technical questions. Can't recall specific ones, but they wanted to get a good feel for technical competence.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMETEK in November 2012.

Interview Details – Typical telephone conversation first, physical interview had 5 different people

Interview Question – Can't think of the most difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Business Unit Manager Interview

Business Unit Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AMETEK in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional and positive experience.

Interview Question – Describe your personality......   Answer Question

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Director of Sales & Marketing
Oak Ridge, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMETEK in December 2010.

Interview Details – This seemed like a good company to work for, but as I already have a good job I was waiting for them to try and sell to me on the reasons to quit and come work for them. Many of the interviewers were enthusiastic about the company, but the HR Director seemed to take a different tack. She seems to approach the interview from a unilateral perspective, like I should convince them to hire me (when I was looking for someone to convince me to work there!). Afterward, I heard from the recruiter that she felt like I was not serious about the job (even though I took a day of vacation and traveled over 800 miles for the interview). Also, they did not seem to respect my time, in that they booked me on a flight itinerary which included a 4 hour layover in Atlanta, as opposed to a direct flight to Knoxville, because is was several hundred dollars cheaper. This resulted in me burning an entire Sunday away from my family, to accommodate their budgetary concerns.

Interview Questions

Assembly Tech Interview

Assembly Tech
Worthington, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMETEK in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was a normal scenario, nothing out of the ordinary. You meet the division manager who is hiring for their shift. Second interview, is to impress the division manager and the HR crew.

Interview Question – Overtime is mandatory, will that be a problem?   Answer Question

Director of Engineering Interview

Director of Engineering

Interviewed at AMETEK

Interview Details – Lengthy

Interview Question – None. Pretty generic.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMETEK in July 2011.

Interview Details – The post was advertised on one of the major job sites via a recruiter, but I was contacted directly by the company to arrange interviews. The process was short - two meetings with three different people including HR - and I was told I had got the job within a couple of days. Overall a very relaxed process.

Interview Question – Not really a question and answer format, more a case of talking through my career history and giving a prepared presentation.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AMETEK in July 2009.

Interview Details – Inital with HR on thebackground, interest and understanding the scenario for change. Funcational manager was on the overall R&R, deliverables, capabilites, people management, technical skills and program management skills. Final with CIO on the general discussion.

Interview Question – Difference between Project manager and people manager?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AMETEK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMETEK interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMETEK employees and interview candidates.