AMF Bowling General Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2014

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

Standard Interviewing questions, but position was already filled. I was interviewed to meet the requirement of interviewing X number of applicants, I found this out after the fact and was a waste of my time.

Other Interview Reviews for AMF Bowling

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling.

Initially had a phone interview with an HR rep that lasted 45 minutes--very standard questioning and it focused primarily on my leadership style and problem solving skills. Followed that up with an interview a week or so later with the DM and a General Manager. Questions here were very standard primarily focusing on my work experience and my perceptions of the bowling industry. Mind you this process was from 2007 and the company has new ownership now!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw an employee not charging for shoe rental?   View Answer
    There was not much at the time, I had a number in mind and they hit it. I was more concerned with opportunities for advancement and salary increases.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling in May 2013.

If you are male, you'll get hired faster than a female....in the AMF centers that is.

simple, they give you a number and you either accept or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at AMF Bowling in August 2012.

Fill out an Application,Interview with a resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling in August 2009.

Interviewed consisted of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 interview with District Manager. They used a sccripted interview guides were used and centered around inter-personal skills. 1st interview was with AMF recruitor, 2nd was in person, and 3rd interview was on phone with regional HR. Sounds like good training plan, however they stated learning curve was 1 year for industry. Opprotunity for growth in 3-5 years.
    They perform a full criminal back ground check and Choice point Credit Check.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific time that you were unable to improve the performance with and what was the end result?   Answer Question

District Manager speaks negative about job. He stated that they are turning over people every 6 months. He stated he is a micro-manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling in April 2009.

I was hired when company had recruiters everywhere. I was contacted from a job board, and I did not seek out AMF. I did a simple phone interview, completed a background check and then interviewed with a DM in a local center.

Interview Questions
    • What is my favorite thing about bowling.   View Answer
    I was told only one wage available. I said I would not come for less than 5K more. Within an hour I was offered that wage.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling in August 2009.

Starts with a phone interview with HR. Then you have a phone interview with District Manager. Then you have a face to face interview with DM. Then you submit to background test and drug testing. Then you do a phone interview with Regional Vice President. Then they call you with an offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for AMF Bowling? Contribute to the Community!