AMF Bowling

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lane Server Interview

Lane Server

I applied online and interviewed at AMF Bowling.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with an equal amount of men and women. The interviewee was very nice. Everyone had a chance to speak. There were two managers in the room one was observing while the other talked. It was very professional and a good experience.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMF Bowling.

Interview Details – Walked in and spoke with the GM and asked if they were hiring they gave me a paper application and i applied. Then Interviewed with GM, DM, HR recruiter, Drug test, background check. I was put in there with one days training now they have a 2 weeks training program.

Interview Question – Customer complains about equipment and lane conditions what do you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was offered 34,000 i took it and after a year i asked for more and got 42,000

Interviewed at AMF Bowling

Interview Details – Standard Interviewing questions, but position was already filled. I was interviewed to meet the requirement of interviewing X number of applicants, I found this out after the fact and was a waste of my time.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Counter Desk Attendant Interview

Counter Desk Attendant
Arlington, TX

I applied online and interviewed at AMF Bowling.

Interview Details – group interview to weed out bad candidates, Just be perky and you will be fine.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling in May 2013.

Interview Details – If you are male, you'll get hired faster than a female....in the AMF centers that is.

Negotiation Details – simple, they give you a number and you either accept or you don't.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling.

Interview Details – Initially had a phone interview with an HR rep that lasted 45 minutes--very standard questioning and it focused primarily on my leadership style and problem solving skills. Followed that up with an interview a week or so later with the DM and a General Manager. Questions here were very standard primarily focusing on my work experience and my perceptions of the bowling industry. Mind you this process was from 2007 and the company has new ownership now!

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw an employee not charging for shoe rental?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much at the time, I had a number in mind and they hit it. I was more concerned with opportunities for advancement and salary increases.

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMF Bowling in August 2013.

Interview Details – Came in for an interview based off a Craigslist ad, turnednin application online first. Interviewed on the spot with the GM and AGM, negotiated pay, and was hired pending background checks and drug test results the same day.

Interview Question – What kind of hours can you work around your class schedule. Everything else was basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Explained that I live on the other side of town, and citing my degree asked for rate outside of normal parameters. They accepted the rate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Wallington, NJ

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of 2 interviews. I was offered the job after the second interview. The process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – The second interview was very extensive; probably one of the longest interviews I've ever been on or even conducted myself, as a manager. There were really no "out of the ordinary" questions, just quite a few of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I received an offer letter that was at the top of my salary range.

Mechanic Interview

Mechanic
Davie, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMF Bowling in April 2012.

Interview Details – Easy process, low pay.

Interview Question – As a mechanic with low pay, you are also expected to do facilities, maintenance and janitorial.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but they only want to pay peanuts and expect a lot of you.

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Glendale, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMF Bowling in April 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of questions are asked about yourself and why you think you are THE ONE for the position that you applied for. what income expectations you may have and such, How much you know about the bowling industry. if you are certified for anything at all

Interview Question – Why should i hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AMF Bowling

Worked for AMF Bowling? Contribute to the Community!