AMN Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.8

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Del Mar, CA).

Interview

It was a bit exhausting but I thought OK they are seeking a specific person to fit in with the team. I even had a phone interview with TX staff. A tour of the area I would be working in would have been nice -as I later saw the HR area and it's very packed - that would have been a dissuading factor.

Interview Questions

• They drilled you on every component of my past rolls and provided limited info about the job at AMN   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Del Mar, CA).

Interview

Interviewing process was rather easy. Phone interview then a face to face interview a week later with vice president. After that you wait to get an offer from HR. Once you have an offer you attend orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Del Mar, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite extensive. Began with a recruiter calling me and getting to know me and my working background. Then AMN Healthcare's recruiter calling and doing the same thing. After that phone interview, I was invited to interview onsite in San Diego. This interview consisted of being interviewed by two directors that went over resume and asked a handful of questions regarding experience. After the questions came role playing and then shadowed a recruiter for about 15 minutes. The onsite interview took almost 2 hours. The following day I received a final interview over the phone from one of the recruiting trainers.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you had to bounce back from a tough week or month in sales? How did you bounce back? If we were to call your previous employer what would they say your 3 biggest strengths are? What are your 3 biggest points of weakness?   Answer Question

Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview

Behavioral questions where you are expected to describe the situation, how you approached it, and what the result was. Being specific is a huge plus. You will also be expected to participate in a role play.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to negotiate to get something you wanted.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview

My original company was purchased by AMN. I do want to say that I was told that this company wanted to hire experienced recruiters whom this was a professional career. Let me say that they may want to hire experienced recruiters but they will not pay for your experience. I am a recruiter with 10 years experience have generated in over a $1M in revenue but I was paid the same as a new grad fresh out of college. Alert Professionals do not work here-you will not be rewarded for your contacts or knownledge.

Interview Questions

• How will you capitalize on this experience? I will use this company as a stepping stone to more professional, executive level clients and for their database.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None this company has a standard pay package they offer regardless of the experience you bring. I think they will find in difficult times senior recruiters will hang out here until they can find a real company

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people. I got a bad vibe from talking to the interviewers about the company and got a sense there was a ton of politics. All 3 people had been there less than one year! During the interview process I was treated with distrust and extreme scrutiny during the process. I was fully qualified for the position, professional, kind, and honest. During the process one of the interviewers said basically we don't hire jerks here, and if we had someone who fell into that category they are gone now. Very unprofessional! They also told me they don't have an official approved requisition, during the interview, which was not shared with me via my staffing agency recruiter. Because they didn't disclose that information to my recruiter. Pros -Nice campus

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Irving, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked to describe myself and job experiences. How did I hear about AMM Heslthcare? Why did I want to work gor the company?Great interview. Easy to talk to.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

HR analyst didn't show up and had someone else, who was not familiar with me, handle the process. I was told that the interview process is in four stages and would take weeks.

Interview Questions

• General HR interview questions   1 Answer

Client Accounting Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was a fast process. But I never received any answer by mail or phone. I sent 2 emails to follow up and again, no answer. Before the interview I received an email from AMN to know how I can dress properly! Put your best shoes!

Credentialing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Del Mar, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a corporate recruiter a few weeks later and we did a phone interview on the spot (which is fine because they do ask if you have a few moments to answer a few questions). The phone interview was really nice and questions were relevant to the position. After the phone interview with the recruiter, she then scheduled another phone interview the following day with a supervisor in the specific department that I had applied to and it was about a 30 minute interview. Again, questions were relevant to the position and lots of situational questions. Later that day, I was contacted by the recruiter again so that I may move forward to the actual interview at their HQ. There are two parts to the actual location interview. First interview I believe was with a manager and then right after I was taken upstairs to be interviewed with two more managers at the same time (small "panel"). These questions were more of if you understand what the position is (I think most people don't) and it felt like an interview of what my intentions were as far as "why AMN?" and my personal career goals "where do you see yourself in five years?". Interview for me was a little bit over an hour compared to another applicant I saw. After the last interview, they stated that I would be contacted no later than (specific date) regardless of their decision. They called the next day and made an offer. I was actually very impressed with their interview process. They were very professional, not intimidating at all, and very efficient which is very nice because most company's that I've interviewed for were not very efficient nor respectful of the interviewee's time.

Interview Questions

• How is your current position relevant to what you are applying for?   Answer Question