AMN Healthcare

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMN Healthcare in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly. Made me want to work here when I was on the fence prior.

Interview Question – None. The interview was conversational so they did not throw in random "interview" questions to challenge me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, they offered and I accepted. I wanted the opportunity to work with the team.

Client Accounting Representative Interview

Client Accounting Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview Details – I was contacted through an outside recruiter. Initially a phone interview was scheduled and then I went in for the actual interview with the person who became my boss. Within two days I was contacted by there HR department to schedule a start date. Once hired we had an employee orientation (there were approximately 25 people present) just to go over benefits and new hire paper work.

Interview Question – Tell me something you are proud of in your work experience that you accomplished.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a set rate. I did not try to negotiate.

Finance Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AMN Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, outlining experience, with some situational questions.
Online "test". One of those behavioral agree/disagree.
Second interview was an in person panel interview, lengthy, almost entirely situational.
Third interview was again a panel interview, but with a lot more personal questions mixed in.
Not the usual cookie cutter questions, you definitely have to think on your feet.

Interview Question – Not verbatim, but they asked about a mistake that I made that I would not have changed.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AMN Healthcare in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had interview , week later was offered the position

Interview Question – Not really normal questions..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they do not nego. at all

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

Interviewed at AMN Healthcare

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. Nothing too hard.

Interview Question – Goals   Answer Question

Travel PT Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview Details – The process is very simple and quick. I spoke to a recruiter and gave him details on what settings I'm interested in and what my background offered (He had my resume). He found some opportunities for me, and I had gone through some phone interviews. I did not accept the first two jobs I interviewed for and had offers for. I did accept the third job since I felt like it would be a great opportunity. Then I had to fill out a skills checklist, and a bunch of paperwork that would take a couple of hours to fill.

Interview Question – The recruiter did not ask me any difficulty or unexpected questions. But one of the facilities asked specifically how a certain type of modality worked.   Answer Question

Client Accounting Representative Interview

Client Accounting Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMN Healthcare in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter recently and we did a phone interview. The phone interview went well so she said she would call me on a specific day which was two days away to set up an in person interview . Well that day came and I didn't hear from her a couple more days had passed and I still not heard from her so i decided to call her and leave a messge. I am not sure what happened there because we must of talked on the phone for at least 30 mins and she said she liked me so it's odd. Wondering if any one else have experienced this? Do recruiters usuallly say they will call one day and then it takes a few days before they set the in person interview?

Interview Question – It was a phone interview and bascally it was going over my resume and the job description.   Answer Question

Quality Service Analyst Interview

Del Mar, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview Details – Interview held in their headquarters in Del Mar. High traffic area, the 56 can be a pain so come early. Parking was not too bad, they have their own parking structure.

Basic questions:
Tell me about yourself
Tell me about what you do now
Why are you leaving your current position
What qualities makes you a good candidate for the position
Tell us about how you overcame a difficult situation at work
What are your negative qualities
Describe yourself in 3 words
Was there a time when you were criticized and what was the outcome?

The office is very nice and has a gym and cafe. From the floor I was on, it appears as though everyone is designated a cubicle. The staff seems very friendly.

Interview Question – There was a situational question... I have no idea if I answered it correctly or not. But I am guessing it is to gauge your judgement and prioritizing capabilities.   Answer Question

Travel Nurse Interview

Travel Nurse

Interviewed at AMN Healthcare

Interview Details – lied to about what the job was, the hospital was lied to about my qualifications. It was until I spoke directly with the hospital we discovered the inconsistencies in what we were both looking for. Promised the world, then had them back pedal like crazy, "lost paperwork"

Interview Question – Why didn't you get that in writing if you believe that's what someone told you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because I did not want to work for this company again and because multiple times they were offers for jobs completely outside of my specialty. I was told by AMN, "you're a nurse, you could figure it out" when referring to working on a cardiac floor as an infusion nurse.

Vice President Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview Details – Well done meeting with several senior executives however the company was much smaller so the process did not drag out as can sometimes happen with larger less nimble companies.

Negotiation Details – Great. I was offered more the job was expected to pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AMN Healthcare

Worked for AMN Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMN Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMN Healthcare employees and interview candidates.