AMN Healthcare

2.8

RVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at AMN Healthcare in October 2014.

I first met with a recruiter over the phone. We made small talk then she invited me in to interview f2f. The f2f interview was in front of a panel of 2. They did a deep dive into my management experience. Wanted to know if I had ever "top graded", I admittedly told them that I wasn't sure what it meant to "top grade". They explained it and I was able to answer the question.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with change management and how did you as a manager handle hearsay?   View Answer

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Very relaxed interview and overall professional style. Was a bit nerve racking being in such a small space with three people. It's basically to see how you hold conversation and reach to questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how'd you sell this service if the competitor is offering the same at a lower price?   Answer Question

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMN Healthcare.

There were several layers...interviews with VP of marketing, HR admin / generalist, and Director of sales and Marketing...I think I met with a recruiter too. They were thorough in process, no UA, but a soft back ground check took place.

Quality Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMN Healthcare.

They did a brief phone interview and asked about my experience thus far. This was followed up by a group interview with 2 supervisors and they asked me for my weaknesses, strengths, example when something had went wrong and what did to correct it. 3 Words to describe myself.. They will now likely ask for your medical knowledge... it is not required but preferred. Don't worry they do train you for at least a month before letting you loose. They gave me a situational question as well.

Interview Questions
    • Situational question was the only unexpected question for me, they asked me what I would do if I had a Dr/Client on the phone who needed help accessing a file, a nurse/customer on the phone who needed to urgently speak with me and then a supervisor who was asking for my help in my cube all at the same time.   View Answer
    Little room to negotiate

Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMN Healthcare in August 2014.

The process is fairly quick. They have two interviews. One where they put everyone in a large room and then you just scatter out and find a Director to interview. It's just a bunch of tables in one room spread out. If they like you, they'll send you to do an assessment and schedule a 2nd interview. The second interview, they make you do a role play, then they sit you down with a recruiter to shadow them. Once hired, the training process is 3 months. They do not tell you this but they do cuts from the team with no warning, so you technically do not have a secure job yet. They see you as a tangible commodity that can be easily replaced. They do not consider the jobs you may have left or if you have moved away from home from the position. So just be careful if you're making this job a priority and putting all you eggs in the AMN basket. I would honestly reconsider.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions about sales and customer service. Those generic ones. The "tell me about a time..."   View Answer
    No negotiation. 34k plus commission. You get $4500 (before taxes) if you book 20 nurses in the first 3 months. But they give you a database of nurses who applied 10-12 years ago. Some are retired or have kids.

Quality Services Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMN Healthcare in August 2014.

Applied in July and got a call from the recruiter and had a phone interview than I was invited for the mini job fair. I was screened by one HR person upon arrival and then was interviewed by a QSA manager.
    Pretty standard questions regarding my past experience and what I can bring of value to the position. When I asked questions about the company and position to my surprise the manager seemed annoyed I was asking the questions and kept looking at her phone. Other then that it was a pleasant experience.

Desktop Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMN Healthcare in August 2014.

Checked Glassdoor and saw many negative reviews. Spoke to HR person. A week later had an in person interview. Interviewer was 30 minutes late. Interviewer was nice and we had a long productive interview. He told me that there had been huge turnover in IT. He said HR person would contact me. Weeks later HR person said they were still interviewing. A couple months later I got the thanks but no thanks email. Huge waste of time.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AMN Healthcare in August 2014.

First had a phone conversation with the recruiter. Then met her in person along with a tour of the office. 2 days later, I interviewed with the manager of that department. It was very conversational to see if you personality would fit the type of position.

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Phone interview with recruiter where we went over my resume and work experiences. Really went into why I want to leave my current job. Discussed rate of pay and job responsibilities. Face to face interview with 2 department supervisors was next. Very conversational and comfortable. Questions were probing but presented in a friendly way. Last face to face with department director. She was warm and her questions were designed to see if I would be a good for for the team. Offer letter was sent 2 business days later.

Interview Questions
    • What is your strongest quality?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for career wise?   Answer Question
    • Reflect on a time when you dealt with someone over the phone that was very upset? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay was set.

Travel RN Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AMN Healthcare in May 2014.

The company interview is not difficult. you also have to interview with the nurse manager of the company that you will be working for. AMN gives you pointers on what and how to ask questions making this a win win situation.

Interview Questions
    • The nurse managers will interview you via phone with the usual interview questions.   Answer Question
    not really, have more than one offer to compare, and stick with it until you have a reasonable offer.