AMN Healthcare Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMN Healthcare in August 2014.

The process is fairly quick. They have two interviews. One where they put everyone in a large room and then you just scatter out and find a Director to interview. It's just a bunch of tables in one room spread out. If they like you, they'll send you to do an assessment and schedule a 2nd interview. The second interview, they make you do a role play, then they sit you down with a recruiter to shadow them. Once hired, the training process is 3 months. They do not tell you this but they do cuts from the team with no warning, so you technically do not have a secure job yet. They see you as a tangible commodity that can be easily replaced. They do not consider the jobs you may have left or if you have moved away from home from the position. So just be careful if you're making this job a priority and putting all you eggs in the AMN basket. I would honestly reconsider.

Interview Questions
  • Just questions about sales and customer service. Those generic ones. The "tell me about a time..."   View Answer
No negotiation. 34k plus commission. You get $4500 (before taxes) if you book 20 nurses in the first 3 months. But they give you a database of nurses who applied 10-12 years ago. Some are retired or have kids.

Other Interview Reviews for AMN Healthcare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AMN Healthcare in March 2012.

Be prepared to sell yourself! AMN is looking for go getters! I first started off with a phone interview just to basically pre-screen me. Then I was invited for a one on one interview. I was there for 2 hours! So be prepared to stay awhile and leave yourself open for that day because you won't be told beforehand that you'll be there that long. But they have a great interview process. I had 3 in person interviews that day. The first interview is just one on one with a Recruiter. Then you will meet with two other recruiters that would be your bosses. This interview was tough, and be prepared to role play! After that interview they take you to sit with a recruiter to listen in on calls for 20-25 mins, basically like a ride along. I got a call later that day saying I got a conditional offer but based off references. They will check your references!! Then a couple days later they called and officially offered the position!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for an entry level recruiter position, but there is a lot of room for growth in the company as well as commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMN Healthcare in November 2011.

I was referred to the company by someone who worked here for 15 years. I came in and did a face-to-face interview and then shadowed a recruiter on the floor for a few minutes.