AMRI Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Went to an open house for AMRI, had short interviews with several different employees. After 3 weeks, I received a letter in the mail saying that my skills could not be utilized.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMRI in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens. Set up for on site interview then was notified if was canceled because they made the offer to someone else. Didn't give me a chance but oh well.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Phone interview with scientist going over technical details. Invited to on-site interview at two research sites, medicinal and process development jobs. Usual seminar and one-on-ones, lunch and dinner. Everyone was very pleasant. Could not get much information on the research because most of it is confidential, and contract-based.

Research Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMRI.

Interview

I was contacted after a few weeks once I submitted my application online. HR got a hold of me first and the phone interview went smoothly (basic questions). Then I was interviewed via phone again with a scientist and was asked basic questions about the laboratory setting. Within a few weeks I was brought on site for a 4 hour long interview process with 7 different scientists.

Research Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Initial HR screen, then phone interview with chemist who had researched my papers and asked a series of questions about my work a long with various chemistry questions, safety questions, which reagent would you use, what type of product would be formed from various reactions… After the phone screen I completed an onsite interview that consisted of a 45 min presentation and then several one on one interviews with both chemists and HR.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen took about 1.5 hours and was much more in depth that most companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very small negotiation was possible.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

I had an HR interview and a technical interview both over the phone. The HR interview was mostly about questions about my resume and the technical one was a bit harder.

Interview Questions

• The technical interviewer asked a bunch of "quickfire" organic chemistry reactions.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

- Got a call from HR about phone interview. Communicated via mail to set up an interview date.
    - Phone interview from a scientist there. Asked some basic chemistry questions like what is a TLC, how would an HNMR look of ethyl acetate, how to columns work, etc.
    - Got invited to have an on-site interview the following week. Asked to do an optional presentation. (Do it)
    - Did the presentation, interview with 4 chemists. It was very informal. They pretty much opened the floor to me to ask any questions.
    - Final interview is with HR where you discuss salary and any last minute questions. Salary is pretty much non-negotiable because they don't really care about what you think. Overall, the interview with the chemists went better than great. However, the HR interview was awkward.
    - It really doesn't matter how hard you try. Don't stress on it. After I got into the company, I realized that they hire anyone that moves. Is that a bad thing?.. hmm..

Interview Questions

• - I can't recall, but an unexpected question was to name a sugar.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Filomena (HR managaer at the time) flat out said we are paying you this much because we said on the phone that we would. So if you could negotiate on your initial phone interview (somehow without being disregarded right there) then go ahead.

Research Scientist I Interview

Interview

multiple interviewees, lasted about all day, included a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult. No format to the interviews.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The first phone interview was with HR and asked many focused on my experiences with collaboration and my managers' (advisors') style and level of interaction. The second phone interview was with a chemist and he described the pace and scope of the job much more thoroughly. The onsite interview was a day of one-on-one interviews and a 30 minute presentation by myself to about 25 chemists. There was a long delay before a decision was made, and HR kept me reasonably informed with weekly contact.

Interview Questions

• Several interviewers on the onsite visit asked technical questions based on their own research, essentially probing basic knowledge and problem-predicting ability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR rep suggested two start dates and I chose the later, which necessitated her resending me the offer letter to sign. It didn't seem like it was a problem for HR.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMRI.

Interview

It was disorganized. One time the manager that was to interview me was in a meeting, the next time, he was out sick. No call to say don't come. Unprofessional for a 1.5 hour ride one way for an interview.

Overall the process went smoothly after the snafu's in the beginning

Interview Questions

• Were you ever expected to do something without being properly trained on it, and if so, how did you handle the situation, did you perform the task or become vocal about your abilities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation