AMRI

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist II

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AMRI.

Interview Details – Initial HR screen, then phone interview with chemist who had researched my papers and asked a series of questions about my work a long with various chemistry questions, safety questions, which reagent would you use, what type of product would be formed from various reactions… After the phone screen I completed an onsite interview that consisted of a 45 min presentation and then several one on one interviews with both chemists and HR.

Interview Question – The phone screen took about 1.5 hours and was much more in depth that most companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very small negotiation was possible.

Very Difficult Interview

Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AMRI in February 2010.

Interview Details – great

Interview Question – having to present research in from of group   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tough

Rensselaer, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AMRI in November 2012.

Interview Details – There was a 30 min telephonic interview , all technical questions. After 2 weeks I got a call from HR for on site interview, they asked me to prepare 45 min presentation. They have called all labs for presentation(30) chemist and manager. Then there was individual interview including HR, hiring manager and future colleagues for 30 min each. It was schedule for 8 AM to 3PM including lunch with colleague. After last interview HR suppose to meet me and call taxi to air port, she was busy and she passed message to me taxi is called please go to main gate. I went to gate and waited 1 hour for taxi, security gourd call two time to HR to make sure taxi is called and she says yes. At last I asked for taxi phone number she gave me and I called taxi and within 5 min taxi came, I asked taxi why you did not came before and he says no one called me I was free from last two hours, that was really disappointed why they lied to me, I would of miss my flight. HR is lier. After 3 weeks I wrote followup email and they replied me we are still considering you but your expectation is too high, I wrote them I did not gave any figure how do you know my expectation? Send me your salary range I will think if its suitable for me. They sent me regret letter.

Interview Question – Nothing special all was basic questions related to job what you are doing now.   Answer Question

Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AMRI in August 2012.

Interview Details – Overall the interview process wasn't difficult. They made arrangements to have me stay overnight at a Hotel and even reimbursed all my travelling expenses; seemed like a pretty first class organization. The interview itself was pretty straight forward; no presentation required, though you had the option to do one. It was a series of half hour interviews with various scientists, a director and a HR rep. Questions were pretty standard behavioral and technical questions. Be prepared to talk about your previous work.

Also worth noting, they offer a really nice relocation package...I guess that is to lure you in as their pay is way below industry standards.

Interview Question – Nothing really   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Really low offer. To put it perspective, another company I interviewed with had a range of 70-80k, AMRI's range was 53-65K. i was offered 53 on the phone but the actual letter had 49k.

Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMRI in March 2012.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions, such as what is your 5 years plan? what is your 15 years plan? What do you like most and least about your previous employer? What are you looking for?

Interview Question – What is your 15 years plan? Because 15 years are too long. I never think about that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMRI in March 2013.

Interview Details – Online application by sending in resume through email. Got a reply from HR a few days later and arranged for an interview. The interview session is roughly 2 hours which split into 4 sessions from HR (Hiring manager), Director, and 2 groups of research scientists. Waited for about 2 weeks and got the offer.

Interview Question – Not really as long as you prepare. The questions are mostly common and can be google around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation done as the salary meet my expectation. Try to search around the range of salary of the position applied to avoid disappointment and over estimation of expected salary.

Worked for AMRI? Contribute to the Community!