AMX

Interview Question – Java related   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMX in March 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews at Texas based HQ

Interview Question – None, more conversation that anything   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary was negotiable, I was able to get their offer boosted by 10%. Bonus was not negotiable (nor attainable).

Firmware Engineer Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMX in October 2008.

Interview Details – AMX appears to be a good company. Good benefits and decent people. Communications between myself and the hiring manager and HR representative were timely and straight forward.

Interview Question – What different ways can you get information to/from a device driver to user space?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had multiple competing offers and I chose a higher offer.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMX in December 2008.

Interview Details – They bring you in sit you down and ask you questions in HR first. It will be one of the HR staff. Afterward, the manager(s) from the department will come down and talk to you. They ask you specific questions about the field and your skill set, not necessarily to try to test you, but instead to assess where you are in your skill level and how well of a fit you would be. Not high stress.

Interview Question – Specific skills, no specific questions that I remember so much as general questions about history and abilities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nor much of a negotiation. You tell what you want pay wise and they tell you what they'll pay. Benefits are company wide, so there is no need to negotiate these

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AMX? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMX interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMX employees and interview candidates.