ANSYS

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

3.4

Technical Services Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ANSYS.

I applied for a job on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later. About a month went by before I was actually contacted for an interview after that. I had a technical phone interview discussing my PhD research, then a week later a gave a technical presentation to a team of their engineers. They called me immediately after and asked me to give a talk in person at their facility. I presented about 3 weeks later and had a day of interviews, mostly for me to get to know them, the company, and the role. They were ready to make me an offer at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions about the material I presented after the talk. No tough questions during the in-person interviews. Questions weren't tough during the initial interview, as long as I knew my own research.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ANSYS in November 2014.

For summer software engineering internship. As a university student, I applied to ANSYS through an online application. I had met a recruiter who had spoken at a career event and connected with him following the event. I shared my resume with him and was contacted for an interview. In the phone interview, there was a team of engineers who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Two interviews: the initial interview was a held via phone and the second was held on site. The first interview was not technical in nature but the second explored more of my coding background.   Answer Question
    I received an offer - I am very interested in ANSYS digital simulations and my background and future goals. However, I have not yet decided and am considering competing offers.

Intern, Electronics Software Testing Interview

Have a phone interview. Ask some behavior question.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ANSYS.

Had phone interview initially with normal resume background questions.

Called on-site. Normal interview with puzzle questions, math questions and some open-ended questions. Overall, I enjoyed the process. The management were all very friendly and it was a relaxed interview. You have to prove that you know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too bad. Interview was mostly direct and very friendly.   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ANSYS in March 2014.

After a general HR interview, They registered me to a IKM C++ test on line. It Is a 155 minutes long test, included 48 questions from basis statement to code debugging. As not a skillful programmer, most of the problems were too difficult. I did not finish all of the questions, but as the website shows, the average time to finish is about 50 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • something like; Please read the following code, and what will show on the screen   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ANSYS.

Just one phone interview. Mainly asked about my background and the work I've done at school.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ANSYS.

I talked to a recruiter on a campus career fair and got an interview. The interview happened on the next day and it consisted of mostly technical questions for them to see how you think and what coding ability you have. Then at the end they asked what would I expect to get from a co-op.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 9 pool balls and a scale, and one of the balls is heavier than the rest, how do you find the heaviest in the most efficient way possible?   Answer Question

Engineer (Multiple Positions) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ANSYS.

I had 3 phone interviews for 3 different positions. The 1st was for a Test Engineer position. I was berated for not knowing the answer to a situational question because test engineers at the companies I'd worked at function very differently than at ANSYS. That interviewer made me feel stupid, so I studied extra hard for my 2nd interview (with a different manager), which was for a Meshing position. This time I was told I was overqualified (Huh?). On my 3rd phone interview for a 3rd job that correlated less with my resume than the other 2, the manager simply offered to fly me in (Thanks, but now I'm confused). I was surprised, but accepted.

The onsite interview was a marathon session from 0800 to nearly 1400 with no lunch break. Their calendaring and email systems were down when I arrived. 2 of the people I was supposed to meet with didn't even bother to show up, which to me indicates a lack of respect for my time. There was a brain teaser and a coding test, both of which I flopped at (I don't do well with being put on the spot like that).

To top it off, the salary range for the job, in which I'd apparently be reporting to everyone and their mom because of its importance, was pretty low. I didn't get an offer, but I didn't come away with a very positive view of the company's internal structure and process, either. I got the impression that the company's very disorganized and clueless internally.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ANSYS.

very long interview manager, technical, hr multiple times

Interview Questions
    Very tight time to decide

Technical Services Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ANSYS.

Initial screening interview, followed by a webex presentation. Then,onsite interviews

No negotiation