ANSYS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ANSYS (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Got phone interview first, asking some basic coding questions
    For onsite, overall ok, no too hard coding questions, around 5 rounds with 45 min each.
    Only two people ask technical questions, others just ask past experience, personality...etc

Interview Questions

• reverse a linked list, various of sorting algorithms, parallel processing, past projects, career goal...   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ANSYS (State College, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview from Ansys after meeting one of the recruiters at the Career Fair for Penn state. The interview lasted for 40 minutes and we discussed quite a lot about my previous experience, responsibilities and what I would be expected to do as an intern/co-op if I got the offer. The work they do sounded really interesting and it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to print out the square of each number given an array of integers. The only catch was that I didn't have to use any loop.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ANSYS in December 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the head of their talent acquisition group in Pittsburgh, and then another phone interview with the CIO.

I was asked to come in for a day-long face-to-face interviews. I met with 7 people in total over the course of 6 hours, one of them was over lunch.

I met with 2 different HR people, several higher level sales managers, director of their internal business applications group, and the CIO.

They weren't so concerned with my skills as much as they were looking for a cultural fit with the company and the people I'd be working with. Everyone was extremely nice, even though the day was pretty stressful, I found it was a positive experience.

None of the questions were too difficult to answer, but I'm unsure as to what specific traits they were targeting as many of the questions were just asking for explanations of certain aspects of my background.

A few questions were challenging, though I don't remember what they were exactly.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a job so soon after joining your current employer?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview

I applied for a job on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later. About a month went by before I was actually contacted for an interview after that. I had a technical phone interview discussing my PhD research, then a week later a gave a technical presentation to a team of their engineers. They called me immediately after and asked me to give a talk in person at their facility. I presented about 3 weeks later and had a day of interviews, mostly for me to get to know them, the company, and the role. They were ready to make me an offer at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions about the material I presented after the talk. No tough questions during the in-person interviews. Questions weren't tough during the initial interview, as long as I knew my own research.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ANSYS (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

For summer software engineering internship. As a university student, I applied to ANSYS through an online application. I had met a recruiter who had spoken at a career event and connected with him following the event. I shared my resume with him and was contacted for an interview. In the phone interview, there was a team of engineers who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Two interviews: the initial interview was a held via phone and the second was held on site. The first interview was not technical in nature but the second explored more of my coding background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an offer - I am very interested in ANSYS digital simulations and my background and future goals. However, I have not yet decided and am considering competing offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview

Had phone interview initially with normal resume background questions.

Called on-site. Normal interview with puzzle questions, math questions and some open-ended questions. Overall, I enjoyed the process. The management were all very friendly and it was a relaxed interview. You have to prove that you know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too bad. Interview was mostly direct and very friendly.   Answer Question

Interview

Have a phone interview. Ask some behavior question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ANSYS in March 2014.

Interview

After a general HR interview, They registered me to a IKM C++ test on line. It Is a 155 minutes long test, included 48 questions from basis statement to code debugging. As not a skillful programmer, most of the problems were too difficult. I did not finish all of the questions, but as the website shows, the average time to finish is about 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• something like; Please read the following code, and what will show on the screen   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ANSYS (Canonsburg, PA).

Interview

Just one phone interview. Mainly asked about my background and the work I've done at school.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ANSYS.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on a campus career fair and got an interview. The interview happened on the next day and it consisted of mostly technical questions for them to see how you think and what coding ability you have. Then at the end they asked what would I expect to get from a co-op.

Interview Questions

• If you have 9 pool balls and a scale, and one of the balls is heavier than the rest, how do you find the heaviest in the most efficient way possible?   1 Answer