ANSYS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
34 interviews

3.5

Software Developer II Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ANSYS in March 2014.

After a general HR interview, They registered me to a IKM C++ test on line. It Is a 155 minutes long test, included 48 questions from basis statement to code debugging. As not a skillful programmer, most of the problems were too difficult. I did not finish all of the questions, but as the website shows, the average time to finish is about 50 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • something like; Please read the following code, and what will show on the screen   Answer Question

Test Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at ANSYS in March 2012.

telephone interview for the intern position

Intern, Electronics Software Testing Interview

Have a phone interview. Ask some behavior question.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at ANSYS.

Had phone interview initially with normal resume background questions.

Called on-site. Normal interview with puzzle questions, math questions and some open-ended questions. Overall, I enjoyed the process. The management were all very friendly and it was a relaxed interview. You have to prove that you know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too bad. Interview was mostly direct and very friendly.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canonsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ANSYS.

Just one phone interview. Mainly asked about my background and the work I've done at school.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ANSYS.

I talked to a recruiter on a campus career fair and got an interview. The interview happened on the next day and it consisted of mostly technical questions for them to see how you think and what coding ability you have. Then at the end they asked what would I expect to get from a co-op.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 9 pool balls and a scale, and one of the balls is heavier than the rest, how do you find the heaviest in the most efficient way possible?   Answer Question

Engineer (Multiple Positions) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Canonsburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ANSYS.

I had 3 phone interviews for 3 different positions. The 1st was for a Test Engineer position. I was berated for not knowing the answer to a situational question because test engineers at the companies I'd worked at function very differently than at ANSYS. That interviewer made me feel stupid, so I studied extra hard for my 2nd interview (with a different manager), which was for a Meshing position. This time I was told I was overqualified (Huh?). On my 3rd phone interview for a 3rd job that correlated less with my resume than the other 2, the manager simply offered to fly me in (Thanks, but now I'm confused). I was surprised, but accepted.

The onsite interview was a marathon session from 0800 to nearly 1400 with no lunch break. Their calendaring and email systems were down when I arrived. 2 of the people I was supposed to meet with didn't even bother to show up, which to me indicates a lack of respect for my time. There was a brain teaser and a coding test, both of which I flopped at (I don't do well with being put on the spot like that).

To top it off, the salary range for the job, in which I'd apparently be reporting to everyone and their mom because of its importance, was pretty low. I didn't get an offer, but I didn't come away with a very positive view of the company's internal structure and process, either. I got the impression that the company's very disorganized and clueless internally.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ANSYS.

very long interview manager, technical, hr multiple times

Interview Questions
    Very tight time to decide

Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ANSYS in December 2011.

Many steps to the interview process. Several phone interviews, personality test, finally a full day on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions about what I would do under different circumstances.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ANSYS in March 2013.

job fairs and then phone interview

Interview Questions

Worked for ANSYS? Contribute to the Community!