ANSYS

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern, Electronics Software Testing Interview

Interviewed at ANSYS

Interview Details – Have a phone interview. Ask some behavior question.

Interview Question – Ask some python question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview Details – Had phone interview initially with normal resume background questions.

Called on-site. Normal interview with puzzle questions, math questions and some open-ended questions. Overall, I enjoyed the process. The management were all very friendly and it was a relaxed interview. You have to prove that you know what you are talking about.

Interview Question – Nothing too bad. Interview was mostly direct and very friendly.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Canonsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview Details – Just one phone interview. Mainly asked about my background and the work I've done at school.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview Details – I talked to a recruiter on a campus career fair and got an interview. The interview happened on the next day and it consisted of mostly technical questions for them to see how you think and what coding ability you have. Then at the end they asked what would I expect to get from a co-op.

Interview Question – If you have 9 pool balls and a scale, and one of the balls is heavier than the rest, how do you find the heaviest in the most efficient way possible?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer (Multiple Positions) Interview

Canonsburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews for 3 different positions. The 1st was for a Test Engineer position. I was berated for not knowing the answer to a situational question because test engineers at the companies I'd worked at function very differently than at ANSYS. That interviewer made me feel stupid, so I studied extra hard for my 2nd interview (with a different manager), which was for a Meshing position. This time I was told I was overqualified (Huh?). On my 3rd phone interview for a 3rd job that correlated less with my resume than the other 2, the manager simply offered to fly me in (Thanks, but now I'm confused). I was surprised, but accepted.

The onsite interview was a marathon session from 0800 to nearly 1400 with no lunch break. Their calendaring and email systems were down when I arrived. 2 of the people I was supposed to meet with didn't even bother to show up, which to me indicates a lack of respect for my time. There was a brain teaser and a coding test, both of which I flopped at (I don't do well with being put on the spot like that).

To top it off, the salary range for the job, in which I'd apparently be reporting to everyone and their mom because of its importance, was pretty low. I didn't get an offer, but I didn't come away with a very positive view of the company's internal structure and process, either. I got the impression that the company's very disorganized and clueless internally.

Interview Question – The standard 3 water jugs question.   View Answer

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview Details – very long interview manager, technical, hr multiple times

Interview Question – they interviewed me even during lunch   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very tight time to decide

Major Account Manager Interview

Major Account Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ANSYS in December 2011.

Interview Details – Many steps to the interview process. Several phone interviews, personality test, finally a full day on site interview.

Interview Question – Many questions about what I would do under different circumstances.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ANSYS in March 2013.

Interview Details – job fairs and then phone interview

Interview Question – most about python and numerical method   Answer Question

Technical Representative Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ANSYS in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very smooth interview process. Nice people who are honest and direct. Friendly office environment.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Travel required, but I'm more of a homebody.

Technical Services Engineer II Interview

Technical Services Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ANSYS.

Interview Details – Initial screening interview, followed by a webex presentation. Then,onsite interviews

Interview Question – All were standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at ANSYS

Worked for ANSYS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ANSYS interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by ANSYS employees and interview candidates.