ANZ National Bank

2.9

Analyst, Institutional Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ANZ National Bank in December 2012.

The hiring process was divided into 3 elimination rounds.
    Round 1: A short written test of 15 questions which tested basic finance aptitude.
    Round 2: Shortlisted candidates were given a case study on a sick company for which they had 1.5 hours.
    Round 3: Panel interview wherein the candidates were tested on in-depth knowledge of finance.The interview was quite tough.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference in the treatment of retained earnings for an LLC & PLC?   Answer Question

Human Resources Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ANZ National Bank in July 2014.

I emailed on the first day, they called on the second day, and the testing and initial interview was on the third day. The test was composed of two parts: a logic exam and a situation exam. Interview questions are experience based. (i.e. cite examples where one showed leadership or when one used facts for argument)

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to go to work at erratic schedules which may begin at 3 in the morning?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at ANZ National Bank.

The process of the whole interview was very smooth and tension-free

Interview Questions
    • It was not too technical therefore I did not recieve any such questions   Answer Question

I declined the offer as I was not happy with the salary offered..

Operations Summer Vacation Program - Melbourne Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ANZ National Bank.

Applied online, including uploading of my resume, academic transport and identification documents and then filled in motivation style questions and answers. Then received a request to do online pyschometric testing and simulated personality testing. After completing this testing process I was asked to join at the Assessment Center. The Assessment Center was a 5 hour process including: Group Interview (Case study based), More pyschometric testing, and panel style interviewing. We also had mentors with us for the day and a mini induction. Great day, great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a circumstance where you were faced with change.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christchurch (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christchurch (New Zealand)

I applied online – interviewed at ANZ National Bank.

Apply online - multiple questions about why ANZ why the stream you chose and why you.
    Psychometric testing
    Interview - assessment centre containing: group case, psychometric testing, interview with two managers

Interview Questions
    • The behavioural questions. Try and be structured with your responses   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ANZ National Bank.

there are 4 rounds of interview first gd,writtern ,hr and manager round.Interview is friendly and they are asked regarding banking questions like..what bank will do,what are banking products.And about ur flexibility of working in night shift.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation as i am a fresher.

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ANZ National Bank in October 2011.

they ask general interview process like tell me about your self and give examples of team work etc.

Interview Questions
    • give example about situation where you have handle difficult con flit wz your co-workers   Answer Question

Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ANZ National Bank in March 2011.

Submitted CV online, had a phone interview, than informal coffee with hiring staff member, than formal interview. Waited 3 weeks for a phone call to confirm I had the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Minimum starting salary for that band - reason they gave was economic situation etc.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ANZ National Bank in March 2011.

2 interviews, the HR person seems very junior and not friendly, even the elder HR is not friendly either. Office is very nice in Xinyi area but people were cold. The manger was very sharp, ask very good questions, but again, a bit cold. In general, as long as you have good CV and base on your CV to answer questions (in detail), you should be able to pass.

Interview Questions
    • It was a translation of law, from Chinese to English. Although they didn't limit the time, so it's ok.   Answer Question

Hard to negotiate the salary

customer service/call centre operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ANZ National Bank in August 2008.

First of all they gave me a call and told me what the job consisted of and that they would send me an onlne assesment form that they would send to me via email N.B There are 2 personality questionnaires to complete: the Hogan Personality Inventory, and the Motives, Values and Preferences Inventory. They are non timed but each test should be completed in one sitting to avoid your browser timing out. Each questionnaire will take approximately 20 minutes.. After about 2 weeks I was contacted for an interview where I would be interviewed by 2 boss'..This was very intimidating however i managed to get through this as they were quite friendly people. After this I was then called back a couple of weeks later to attend another sort of interview where i would undertake a personality test, online test where i had to find different things on thier website so i would definatley recommend becoming familiar with thier website and also a role play where i was given a script of a circumstance that may arise and had to act it out and try and solve it. I think my circumstance was a family on holiday wanting to extend thier travel insurance..we (all the interviewees) also had to do group activities as ice breakers and so the staff could see how well we interacted with each other. Not quite sure exactly how long this interview process took took basically the whole morning. About another 2weeks later recieved an email saying i was unsuccessful..I was really annoyed because this whole interview process took so much time..

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer..What was the problem, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • name a time when you were under pressure. Why were you under pressure, how did you handle/cope in the situation and what was the end result eg. did you need to ask for help etc.   Answer Question