ANZ National Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Analyst, Institutional Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (India, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was divided into 3 elimination rounds. Round 1: A short written test of 15 questions which tested basic finance aptitude. Round 2: Shortlisted candidates were given a case study on a sick company for which they had 1.5 hours. Round 3: Panel interview wherein the candidates were tested on in-depth knowledge of finance.The interview was quite tough.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in the treatment of retained earnings for an LLC & PLC?   Answer Question

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (Wellington (New Zealand)).

Interview

Two interview process: First interview was a group assessment with around 10 other candidates and several assessors observing us while we were given a task like discussing and working out a problem along the lines of "Pick 5 items from a list of 20 that we would bring to a deserted island". The purpose here was to observe problem solving, communications, teamwork and how "nicely" you played with others. Then you would need to present your results. At this point I volunteered where everyone else was too timid, and this earned me big points (I saw all the assessors quickly start writing on their clipboards as soon as I said I would present). Second interview was a standard behavioural interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time..." kinds of questions.   1 Answer

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank.

Interview

No proper schedule, too much of wait,lack of transperency. Got an offer though on boarding was even worse and induction conducted after a month spent with the organisation .Overall experience was not so smooth and management doesn't seems to care to put some effort to improve the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Credit assessment skills and mostly things which are not at all related to the profile   Answer Question

Human Resources Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2014.

Interview

I emailed on the first day, they called on the second day, and the testing and initial interview was on the third day. The test was composed of two parts: a logic exam and a situation exam. Interview questions are experience based. (i.e. cite examples where one showed leadership or when one used facts for argument)

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to go to work at erratic schedules which may begin at 3 in the morning?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The process of the whole interview was very smooth and tension-free

Interview Questions

• It was not too technical therefore I did not recieve any such questions   Answer Question

I declined the offer as I was not happy with the salary offered..

Operations Summer Vacation Program - Melbourne Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, including uploading of my resume, academic transport and identification documents and then filled in motivation style questions and answers. Then received a request to do online pyschometric testing and simulated personality testing. After completing this testing process I was asked to join at the Assessment Center. The Assessment Center was a 5 hour process including: Group Interview (Case study based), More pyschometric testing, and panel style interviewing. We also had mentors with us for the day and a mini induction. Great day, great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a circumstance where you were faced with change.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christchurch (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (Christchurch (New Zealand)).

Interview

Apply online - multiple questions about why ANZ why the stream you chose and why you. Psychometric testing Interview - assessment centre containing: group case, psychometric testing, interview with two managers

Interview Questions

• The behavioural questions. Try and be structured with your responses   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank.

Interview

there are 4 rounds of interview first gd,writtern ,hr and manager round.Interview is friendly and they are asked regarding banking questions like..what bank will do,what are banking products.And about ur flexibility of working in night shift.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as i am a fresher.

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2011.

Interview

they ask general interview process like tell me about your self and give examples of team work etc.

Interview Questions

• give example about situation where you have handle difficult con flit wz your co-workers   Answer Question

Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ANZ National Bank (Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2011.

Interview

Submitted CV online, had a phone interview, than informal coffee with hiring staff member, than formal interview. Waited 3 weeks for a phone call to confirm I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Minimum starting salary for that band - reason they gave was economic situation etc.