AOL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL in July 2013.

Interview Details – i only had one interview - I am trying to switch industries (from finance to online media). The interviewer seemed to believe that I needed tech experience to do this job well.

Interview Question – Tell me about the analogies between financial trading and the Adtech space right now   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed up by in person interview. I was supposed to interview with four people, starting with a peer and then finishing with the most senior. Instead, I interviewed with the most senior person first. It went well, but be prepared for questions designed to trip you up if you haven't done your HW (who is AOL's CEO?). Pretty easy, but also be prepared to answer questions seemingly unrelated to the role (why did you decide to go to the college you went to?).

After that, I was supposed to meet with this other guy who was on the phone. He was obviously not interested in our appointment, because his call went well into our scheduled time. After five minutes of them fumbling around trying to figure out what I should do next, I was put in an office and given a number to call to conduct a phone interview with someone who was working at home that day. Pretty standard. The most annoying part was that the guy I was supposed to be meeting with basically barged in while I was on the phone, and forced me to interrupt the call just to let him know I who I was speaking to. It was totally obnoxious.

After the phone call, oddly enough, I was told that the other people I was supposed to talk to were busy. Including the guy who interrupted me. What a coincidence! I saw him on the way out and he didn't even say hello or sorry or acknowledge me. Pretty rude.

I didn't even get a follow-up message. I emailed the recruiter a week later and she said the role had been filled. Gee, thanks for the update :)

Interview Question – Who is AOL's CEO?   View Answer

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!