AOL Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

One-on-one phone interview with a recruiter. She asked questions regarding why I am interested in the company, why I am interested in this particular position, and why I am looking to leave my current position. There were also specific questions on the current status of the company as opposed to the company 10 years ago. Additionally, there were some basic technical questions on databases and programming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AOL

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was just reading through some of the Glassdoor reviews on AOL and one poster mentioned that the company lacks standard policies and procedures. I can see why this statement was made based on my experience. I saw the initial job post online and applied (resume and cover letter). About a week later I heard from a recruiter requesting a phone screen. A few weeks later we finally got on the phone. I felt that the recruiter was using somewhat of a combative tone when discussing my perceived lack of experience related to the job and my salary requirements. I got off of that call feeling that I had little chance of getting a call back. I got an email the next day stating that the hiring manager wanted to talk to me. I spoke to the hiring manager later in the week. It was a pretty straightforward conversation…quick walk through my resume, questions around what I wanted to do in my next position, and more information about the position. I received an email the following week to schedule in-person interviews on the Dulles campus a couple weeks later. I was scheduled for 6 onsite interviews (some were actually video interviews with people offsite). The interviewers were in adjacent groups and from the manager through VP level, including another talk with the hiring manager. The interviews mainly consisted of me talking about my related job experiences and what I was looking for in a new position. There were some questions about AOL, it’s product offering, and my impressions of how the company should proceed moving forward. Make sure you know some of the basic facts of the company like CEO, stock price, product offering, competitors, etc. A couple of the interviews also had case-like questions with one breaking out into a full-blown case. Be prepared for the possibility of case questions, bring a pen/paper and be ready to do some math…nothing too strenuous though. A few days later, I was scheduled to do another phone interview. That call was pretty pleasant as most of the time was spent with me asking questions. I got off of this call feeling pretty good and expecting to hear next steps pretty quickly. A week, then 2, then 3 went by with no word from AOL. At the 4 week mark I decided to email the recruiter and ask if I was still being considered for the position. The recruiter immediately responded and said that they would circle back with the team to get more information. That was 4 weeks ago…so it has been a total of about 8 weeks since I have heard anything official. At this point it’s safe to assume that I am off of their radar, but it’s very TACKY and UNPROFESSIONAL of them to put me through all of those interviews, then not have the decency to communicate with me and let me know what is happening with the process, or at least keep me in the loop. It says a ton about how things probably operate internally there. The people that I interviewed with were all nice, pretty laid-back, and seemed to really enjoy working at AOL. The offices were well-lit and colorful…more of a start-up environment than that of a company that has been around for decades.

Interview Questions

• What is the P/E ratio of AOL? Do you think this is high or low?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Everyone there was very knowledgeable and personable. They asked good questions and gave me a very good impression of the company and its culture. All around good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Washington, DC) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone screen by HR. Then phone screen by hiring managers. In person interview was about 3 hours and 6 different people. Two gave me a series of IQ like questions. Most people were from the analysis group, but one or two from sales and another group. The salesy strategy guy was not very nice, but I think that was just the role he was playing during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the biggest opportunities for this company   Answer Question

Too much baggage with that company and no clear growth path.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Very planned and process oriented 3 rounds of sound questioning on technical and personal front Perception of people : Fun to be with, reasonable, put the interviewee at ease, friendly HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are good paymasters and not lot of negotiation is required