AOL

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews within a week, management interview at Baltimore HQ 6 continuous rounds within the next week, very fast process as long as they like you. Was one of last 2 interviewees and was expecting a call after 5 rounds of interviews out of 6 but had to call HQ to confirm that I was not offered a position.

Interview Question – brain teasers - how many barbers are in NYC   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – Very long and tedious interviewing process. The worse part is how they make you come so close to landing the job but margins are so tight in the end that chances are slimmer and slimmer. Longest interviewing process ever of 4 hours and did not get any offer. Very disappointing and heart-breaking in the end. In the end, it seemed like a waste of time.

Interview Question – Got asked alot of behavioral questions. One of them was how would I react if one of my coworkers was being difficult to deal with due to pressure?   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 2 months - interviewed at AOL in November 2010.

Interview Details – With a brand-new business model, AOL has incorporated a recruiting process similar to Google's for the analytical-type roles. There are 7 steps including 5 interviews: apply, phone interview with HR, phone interview with manager, in-person interview at local office, in-person interview at Business Analyst HQ in Baltimore, phone interview with cultural ambassador, hiring committee approval.

The interviews are a mix of fit, behavioral, and case questions, with the Baltimore interview being the most rigorous and difficult. Computation skills and a comfort with numbers are key.

Although the process is long and extensive, HR keeps you "in the loop" at all times, calling to let you know if you're advancing to the next stage. AOL is being as selective as possible with who they hire, and that provides new employees with the confidence in their future colleagues who also passed such a rigorous process.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, favorite jobs/courses, etc   Answer Question
  • Various computation problems they want you to solve in your head.   Answer Question
  • Various cases, requiring analytical thinking and good questions to learn more about the details of the case.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AOL in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to this position online and quickly recieved communication from HR in New York. HR asked me some general questions about my background, goals, career, etc. After about 45 min on the phone with HR she then informed me of a 2nd interview in person with representatives at the local office. That 2nd interview took place about a week later. I met with a couple representatives and had about an hour long interview. They asked me questions about my background and goals, shared more info about the company and position. They also asked me hypothetical problem solving questions, like estimate the number of X in City Y. HR then got back to me about a week later and informed me of a final interview round at HQ in Baltimore. That took some time to setup but it finally happened. The 3rd interview in Baltimore was an extensive meeting with about 4-5 different management staff. They asked some intense problem solving questions and detailed their business process. They paid for your flights to Baltimore from your home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about times where you were under extreme duress in school or work and how you came out of it.   Answer Question
  • Various supply demand problem solving questions. You need to set up equations and plug in the constants to solve and do it all in your head pretty quickly. This is the main question, if you stumble on these questions, they basically dont want you.   Answer Question

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!