AOL Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Very relaxed, fun people. They make you feel comfortable and are not overbearing like most other company interviews.
    Web test, followed by direct on-site.
    On-site was a 2 hour interview by 4 different people.
    1 HR, 2 of them tech based and the 4th was just showing the campus around and general questions like, why do you want this?

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AOL in February 2015.

Interview

The process starts off with a screening call with an inside recruiter. After the screening call there was a technical interview with 4-5 different engineers from the team I was interviewing for. The technical call was pretty hectic because everyone was jumping in with questions. One guy kept interrupting my answers and other peoples questions to ask his one question in slightly different ways. Overall it felt like a bunch of people that didn't know how to interview doing what they imagined the one of the big four would do.

Interview Questions

• They spent the majority of the interview asking about configuration qualifiers for resources.   Answer Question
    • They spent the second most amount of time asking questions about threading.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AOL.

Interview

Non-typical interview process, spoke directly to one of the team members, then interviewed with the other team members, director and manager, got on board rather quick. Interview process was good, the questions weren't too hard and basically experience based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard intern pay, didn't bother to negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at AOL.

Interview

Initial HR phone screening. - Simple technical questions.

Second face to face Interview on site. With 3 rounds. First with the team in which project was suppose to be. With few technical questions but basics. Then with Project manager with some question on interest and normal talk. Third with HR head with most of the HR behavioral questions.

took 1 week to say yes or no.

After we both agreed took 1 week to finalized the salary.

Then started the worst nightmare. After finalizing everything and giving verbal confirmation of every thing they ask for 1 week to issue offer letter.

That offer letter never come. The worst part is HR was keep on hiding the real thing behind and keep me hanging for 1 month in wait.

On top of that HR was aware the problem that there is a budget issue with the position and keep on giving me wrong information that there is no budget issue and just asked for few more days.

At the end they said we have budget cut we can't offer and worst part is HR never told me that directly. I only come to know from staffing company in-between.

Very Very unprofessional behavior and played with other carriers.

Interview Questions

• HR behavioral question are most difficult. Like How to handle a team member who is not performing etc.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AOL.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview followed by another phone then in person then phone again. Everything up to the third round were casual, but the fourth one was mostly behavorial, which can be difficult.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AOL (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The hiring process was fine. Telephone interview > face to face interview > job offer. people were hired on skills, attitude, and apptitude. They were not hired on appearance. The dress code was very lenient.

Interview Questions

• Why are the outsourcing all of our jobs if we are one of the highest performing callcenters in the US?   1 Answer

I felt betrayed. I had great teams, with great people. They didn't derserve to loose their jobs.

Analyst Interview

Interview

One-on-one phone interview with a recruiter. She asked questions regarding why I am interested in the company, why I am interested in this particular position, and why I am looking to leave my current position. There were also specific questions on the current status of the company as opposed to the company 10 years ago. Additionally, there were some basic technical questions on databases and programming.

Principal Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AOL.

Interview

Submitted online and through a contact there.
    Fit Interview with HR rep
    Fit Interviews with several members of the team.
    Cultural fit / behavioral interview with culture ambassador.

Pretty straightforward questions. Everyone was very friendly and accessible.

Took two weeks for an informal offer. Another week for formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   Answer Question
    • How did you improve marketing campaigns at your last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you handled a disagreement in the past with a coworker.   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. Someone from HR contacts you to trim down the candidates. Next, a manager contacts you and you have a pretty standard conversation. The third interview is in person and they give you 4-5 case studies. These are logic questions and they want to see how you react under pressure.

Production Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for an internship position and was contacted by one of their recruiters about a full time entry-level position via email. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter, then there was coding skills test followed by another phone interview with one of the senior members of the team where they asked basic questions about school, projects I worked on, and work experience. I did good on both of those interviews and was asked to come in for an in person interview that lasted about three hours. The first part consisted of another coding skills test (very basic things on HTML, CSS, and some jQuery), which lasted about 20 mins. The test was then followed by four different one-on-one interviews with the members of team, some of which asked more coding questions.

Interview Questions

• You have two water buckets: the first can hold 3 gallons of water and the second can hold 5 gallons of water, how do you fill the 5 gallon bucket with exactly 4 gallons of water using these two buckets (the 3 gallon and 5 gallon bucket)?   2 Answers