AOL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First with department leads, then regional leads, then hiring manager. Most people were professional. Questions were appropriate for the job. A little confusion amongst hiring manager. Of course, all people I interviewed with were fired within 6 months of interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

There were 6 rounds. The first was a lunch and informal chat with the manager followed by a round where I was questioned about manual testing, CI/CD and automation testing. The next round was an algorithms round with three simple problems. Then I had an iOS interview with some basic questions followed by a conversation with a cultural ambassador. The final round was a hands on coding round where I was asked to build a simple app in 60 minutes.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AOL (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and immediately got a phone call from the recruiter. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager and then got a call for on-site interview. I had five rounds where the first one hour was a written test. Then back to back one hour interviews with different people from different teams. Everyone were really friendly and asked a lot of questions about internship experience. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had faced any situation where I had to confront my supervisor and correct him.   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in and met with 4 people from various teams. Everyone was very pleasant and interested in my background. Heard back within a reasonable period following the interview. Overall had a good experience with team members as well as the HR team

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward about background. Did have to explain resume in detail and thought process behind projects   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Interview

Focused on results and practical application of knowledge. They want specific examples of success, so come prepared. Pretty well organized process. Human resources team is very friendly. Quick follow up. Good overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation, and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

The longest interview process ever! 2 months and 13 rounds of interviews (yes, thirteen!). The position was for a sub-company under AOL and most of the rounds were technical. 8 rounds of onsite interviews (in a single day) and 5 rounds of phone and skype in total. The best part of the interview was not even a single interviewer was intimidating or strict. It was all casual and the work place was super cool.

Interview Questions

• Common HR questions and technical questions were on specific technologies required for the position   Answer Question

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

5 30-minute interviews. The interviewers were very interested in my past community service experience, and it seemed AOL was very focused on their CSR, such as their Monster Help Day. Focus of ad sales to upsell their clients and understand the large network of platforms AOL has.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of involvement in the community (eg. community service organizations, other charitable organizations)   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AOL in June 2015.

Interview

Unbelievably poor. I was set up for video conference with a hiring manager and he was 10 minutes late and we only had 30 mins. The video quality and the audio was terribly distorted I had to have the hiring manager repeat the question several times. Then the coordinator came in after 20 mins and said that I had to leave the room. The interview was over. Then came the CTO another room, with another video system that worked improperly. The whole experience was terrible. I was left in the room and know one came to get me I escorted myself out. I would not want to work for AOL and I would say it would very difficult to find other employees for them.

Assistant Account Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people-- all asked a lot of questions and seemed interested. What made this process disappointing was the fact they ignore your emails if you didn't get it-- at least let the candidate know rather than ignore. Seemed very unprofessional to me

Interview Questions

• Basic questions-- why would you be a good candidate, questions about experience, etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Call with recruiter 2. Codility test with 2 assignments (Should complete within 70 minutes you start) 3. 1 hour interview with hiring manager (Basic interview questions, about previous work experience, few behavioral questions) 4. Onsite interview with the team ( interviewed by 6 people; Technical - 3 problems to solve; questions on spring, javascript, jquery; behavioral questions and finally interview cultural ambassador)

Interview Questions

• technical problem : give the count of duplicates in the array merge 2 sorted array reverse a string (input : Hel'lo output: oll'eh) special characters retain their position   Answer Question