AOL Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in and met with 4 people from various teams. Everyone was very pleasant and interested in my background. Heard back within a reasonable period following the interview. Overall had a good experience with team members as well as the HR team

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward about background. Did have to explain resume in detail and thought process behind projects   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Interview

Focused on results and practical application of knowledge. They want specific examples of success, so come prepared. Pretty well organized process. Human resources team is very friendly. Quick follow up. Good overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation, and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

The longest interview process ever! 2 months and 13 rounds of interviews (yes, thirteen!). The position was for a sub-company under AOL and most of the rounds were technical. 8 rounds of onsite interviews (in a single day) and 5 rounds of phone and skype in total. The best part of the interview was not even a single interviewer was intimidating or strict. It was all casual and the work place was super cool.

Interview Questions

• Common HR questions and technical questions were on specific technologies required for the position   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at AOL in June 2015.

Interview

Unbelievably poor. I was set up for video conference with a hiring manager and he was 10 minutes late and we only had 30 mins. The video quality and the audio was terribly distorted I had to have the hiring manager repeat the question several times. Then the coordinator came in after 20 mins and said that I had to leave the room. The interview was over. Then came the CTO another room, with another video system that worked improperly. The whole experience was terrible. I was left in the room and know one came to get me I escorted myself out. I would not want to work for AOL and I would say it would very difficult to find other employees for them.

Assistant Account Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AOL (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people-- all asked a lot of questions and seemed interested. What made this process disappointing was the fact they ignore your emails if you didn't get it-- at least let the candidate know rather than ignore. Seemed very unprofessional to me

Interview Questions

• Basic questions-- why would you be a good candidate, questions about experience, etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AOL (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Call with recruiter 2. Codility test with 2 assignments (Should complete within 70 minutes you start) 3. 1 hour interview with hiring manager (Basic interview questions, about previous work experience, few behavioral questions) 4. Onsite interview with the team ( interviewed by 6 people; Technical - 3 problems to solve; questions on spring, javascript, jquery; behavioral questions and finally interview cultural ambassador)

Interview Questions

• technical problem : give the count of duplicates in the array merge 2 sorted array reverse a string (input : Hel'lo output: oll'eh) special characters retain their position   Answer Question

Finance, Social Media and Trending Content Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via Linkedin, got a call from HR who then scheduled a phone screening and timed writing test. After the phone screening I got called in for an onsite interview where I interviewed with 4 people with whom I now walk along side.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Very relaxed, fun people. They make you feel comfortable and are not overbearing like most other company interviews. Web test, followed by direct on-site. On-site was a 2 hour interview by 4 different people. 1 HR, 2 of them tech based and the 4th was just showing the campus around and general questions like, why do you want this?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at AOL.

Interview

Initial HR phone screening. - Simple technical questions. Second face to face Interview on site. With 3 rounds. First with the team in which project was suppose to be. With few technical questions but basics. Then with Project manager with some question on interest and normal talk. Third with HR head with most of the HR behavioral questions. took 1 week to say yes or no. After we both agreed took 1 week to finalized the salary. Then started the worst nightmare. After finalizing everything and giving verbal confirmation of every thing they ask for 1 week to issue offer letter. That offer letter never come. The worst part is HR was keep on hiding the real thing behind and keep me hanging for 1 month in wait. On top of that HR was aware the problem that there is a budget issue with the position and keep on giving me wrong information that there is no budget issue and just asked for few more days. At the end they said we have budget cut we can't offer and worst part is HR never told me that directly. I only come to know from staffing company in-between. Very Very unprofessional behavior and played with other carriers.

Interview Questions

• HR behavioral question are most difficult. Like How to handle a team member who is not performing etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AOL in February 2015.

Interview

The process starts off with a screening call with an inside recruiter. After the screening call there was a technical interview with 4-5 different engineers from the team I was interviewing for. The technical call was pretty hectic because everyone was jumping in with questions. One guy kept interrupting my answers and other peoples questions to ask his one question in slightly different ways. Overall it felt like a bunch of people that didn't know how to interview doing what they imagined the one of the big four would do.

Interview Questions

• They spent the majority of the interview asking about configuration qualifiers for resources.   Answer Question
    • They spent the second most amount of time asking questions about threading.   Answer Question