AOL Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Principal Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AOL.

Submitted online and through a contact there.
    Fit Interview with HR rep
    Fit Interviews with several members of the team.
    Cultural fit / behavioral interview with culture ambassador.

Pretty straightforward questions. Everyone was very friendly and accessible.

Took two weeks for an informal offer. Another week for formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background.   Answer Question
    • How did you improve marketing campaigns at your last job?   View Answer
    • Tell me how you handled a disagreement in the past with a coworker.   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere.

Business Analyst Interview

Applied online. Someone from HR contacts you to trim down the candidates. Next, a manager contacts you and you have a pretty standard conversation. The third interview is in person and they give you 4-5 case studies. These are logic questions and they want to see how you react under pressure.

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

I applied online for an internship position and was contacted by one of their recruiters about a full time entry-level position via email. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter, then there was coding skills test followed by another phone interview with one of the senior members of the team where they asked basic questions about school, projects I worked on, and work experience. I did good on both of those interviews and was asked to come in for an in person interview that lasted about three hours. The first part consisted of another coding skills test (very basic things on HTML, CSS, and some jQuery), which lasted about 20 mins. The test was then followed by four different one-on-one interviews with the members of team, some of which asked more coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • You have two water buckets: the first can hold 3 gallons of water and the second can hold 5 gallons of water, how do you fill the 5 gallon bucket with exactly 4 gallons of water using these two buckets (the 3 gallon and 5 gallon bucket)?   View Answer

Publisher Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AOL in August 2014.

Started with phone screen a week after applying for the position. Did an in person interview about a week after with four people in 2 hours. Then came back a week later to meet with one last person. Good communication throughout the process. Cared a lot about analytics and attention to detail.

Interview Questions
    • Specific examples of analytical experience   View Answer

Senior Strateg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AOL in July 2014.

Applied thru LinkedIn
    - Had a phone screen through recruiter
    -She explained that there are numerous rounds of interviews
    1. Interview with the Team
    2. Case Study
    3. Interview with the Team Lead
    4. Culture Interview

Then the Interview panel has to present a case to bring me onboard

5. Offer, if possible

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't sure what they are looking for on the case... The case was analyzing AOL through Financial Data and spotting weaknesses and strengths   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AOL in June 2014.

Technical phone interview - Took around 45 mins and was asked few object oriented questions and a program to know the largest set of contiguous numbers in a given set of numbers

Face to face - 6 persons interviewed and a additional cultural ambassador interview.

NOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AOL.

I was interviewed over the phone initially with no real "IT" experience.. a month later was called again to continue the face-to-face interview process.. Overall took a month to complete all interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Programming experience was difficult as I had minimal experience during college.. and was advised even the best colleges out there, most students do not pass AOL's programming tests.   Answer Question
    I negotiated at a higher rate and it was accepted. I knew what my experience and background would be worth along with my Master's Degree. I wouldn't take anything less than what I asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL in April 2014.

Had 1 technical interview session in codility consisting of 4 questions.
    Then I was assigned a 24 hr timeline project to complete (developing a web application)
    Then onsite interview consisting of 5 30-minute sessions followed by a discussion with a cultural ambassador who focuses on your overall fit into the company's culture
    Finally a Skype session with the hiring manager since he couldn't meet me on the day of the onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were pretty much standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.
      The cultural discussion session had a lot of questions for which there is just no right answer. Most of them are questions that look for your opinion on things like team building, building trust with your teammates, etc etc.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AOL.

The college recruitment team was fantastic. They were very personable and kept me up to date on everything that was going on. I was originally bought in to interview for one position which I didn't get. However, after a couple of months, I was called up and asked to if I wanted to come back in for a different position involving software analysis and user-end communication. I obliged. Was bought in for one interview, where I interviewed with a few team members and a few days later was told that I had the job. They were very fast in all communications and helpful to me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really technical questions, mostly personable questions, and experience questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

2 phone interviews within a week, management interview at Baltimore HQ 6 continuous rounds within the next week, very fast process as long as they like you. Was one of last 2 interviewees and was expecting a call after 5 rounds of interviews out of 6 but had to call HQ to confirm that I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • brain teasers - how many barbers are in NYC   View Answer

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!