AOL

Getting the Interview

114 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – The college recruitment team was fantastic. They were very personable and kept me up to date on everything that was going on. I was originally bought in to interview for one position which I didn't get. However, after a couple of months, I was called up and asked to if I wanted to come back in for a different position involving software analysis and user-end communication. I obliged. Was bought in for one interview, where I interviewed with a few team members and a few days later was told that I had the job. They were very fast in all communications and helpful to me.

Interview Question – There were no really technical questions, mostly personable questions, and experience questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Dulles, VA

I interviewed at AOL in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had my first phone interview on December 12, 2013. The process took 2.5 months. After the phone interview they called me for the 2nd round which included two interviews with the Manager and the head of the team. They were both general and involved mostly behaviourial questions. After clearing this round, I was asked to come for the last round in January, 2014. It involved an interview with the Head of Finance Department and the Cultural Ambassador. I was told that I would be informed regarding their decision in 2 weeks time. However they informed me after 1.5 months that they lost the headcount for the position and had decided not to hire anyone. Overall experience was okay. The interviews were very general. But the follow up process was extremely slow.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as such.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews within a week, management interview at Baltimore HQ 6 continuous rounds within the next week, very fast process as long as they like you. Was one of last 2 interviewees and was expecting a call after 5 rounds of interviews out of 6 but had to call HQ to confirm that I was not offered a position.

Interview Question – brain teasers - how many barbers are in NYC   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – applied online and interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 1 hour per interview

Interview Question – too much behavior questions

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at AOL

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter and had several rounds of phone and face to face.

Interview Question – Several theoretical questions around conflict resolution   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Dulles, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AOL in October 2013.

Interview Details – campus interview

Interview Question – Give me an example of attention to detail.
Could come from your past work experience, or study.
  Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AOL in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. First on-site interview was with the hiring manager and HR. Follow up on-site interview with HR. The atmosphere was energetic. Employees on the younger, trendier side. Dress is business-casual, leaning toward casual.

Interview Question – Describe a mistake you've made at work in the past, how you handled it, and what the resolution was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation occurred regarding salary, but there was wiggle-room with regards to the number of stock options granted.

Senior Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Dulles, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AOL in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward

Interview Question – Unexpected questions include what I actually liked to do outside of work.   Answer Question

Network Operations Center Technical Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – The process was very thorough and when interviewing candidates, the picture of what the job entails was explicitly presented to the individual as we were a 24/7/365 shop.

Interview Question – if there were 3 light bulbs in the basement and 3 switches upstairs without designation of what switch was for which light how would you determine what switch was for the first light, the second light and third light.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at AOL

Interview Details – Online application
Web test
Phone interview
F2F interviews (3)

Interview Question – Some questions were very difficult graduate math questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AOL

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!

AOL – Why Work for Us?

AOL consumers were shopping, chatting, getting news and information and playing multi-user games online at the dawn of the internet. We were the cornerstone of social media long before anyone knew what a social network… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AOL interview questions and advice. All 114 interview reviews posted anonymously by AOL employees and interview candidates.