AOL

AOL Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

Product Manager Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and had several rounds of phone and face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Several theoretical questions around conflict resolution   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AOL in February 2014.

I got an email saying AOL want to chat with me about the Data Analyst Internship position in more depth. So I schedule a phone interview with HR. The interviewer just asked me regular behavior questions and some details about your former experiences written on your resume. But I was told that the company only accept current student who working for a degree.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked some details about your former experiences.   Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AOL in February 2014.

The recruiter was very communicative and supportive and acted as a champion. Several phone interviews with hiring manager followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. it appeared they were in a state of flux and overwhelmed, resulting in a lack of clarity as to the role focus and responsibilities expect that there were "lots of contracts". Very little talk of business relationships, value of partners, deals, goals, etc. No response for weeks after the interview, then was informed AOL ended up putting the job on hold and not hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, but lacked creativity. It was difficult to know if they knew what they were looking for in a candidate but if I had to guess, it was someone to sit behind a computer and just do contracts.   Answer Question

Ad Ops Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AOL in January 2014.

Had my resume forwarded to recruiter through a former employee. Spoke to recruiter about various internship positions available and placed a preference on multiple ones. After that, I interviewed with hiring managers for the positions, starting with my top choice, moving on to the next one until I was placed.

Network Operations Center Technical Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AOL.

The process was very thorough and when interviewing candidates, the picture of what the job entails was explicitly presented to the individual as we were a 24/7/365 shop.

Interview Questions
    • if there were 3 light bulbs in the basement and 3 switches upstairs without designation of what switch was for which light how would you determine what switch was for the first light, the second light and third light.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

interviewed at AOL in December 2013.

I had my first phone interview on December 12, 2013. The process took 2.5 months. After the phone interview they called me for the 2nd round which included two interviews with the Manager and the head of the team. They were both general and involved mostly behaviourial questions. After clearing this round, I was asked to come for the last round in January, 2014. It involved an interview with the Head of Finance Department and the Cultural Ambassador. I was told that I would be informed regarding their decision in 2 weeks time. However they informed me after 1.5 months that they lost the headcount for the position and had decided not to hire anyone. Overall experience was okay. The interviews were very general. But the follow up process was extremely slow.

Summer Intern Interview

Online application
    Web test
    Phone interview
    F2F interviews (3)

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were very difficult graduate math questions   Answer Question

Senior Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at AOL in December 2013.

The interview process was very straightforward

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions include what I actually liked to do outside of work.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at AOL.

First round a call from the recruiter to know more about candidate.
    Second round skype interview with a team lead, was asked to build a simple calculator android app.

Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at AOL.

Be prepared to discuss your background and how you can benefit the company
    Know the organizations culture

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your boss where you can improve the most, what would they say?   View Answer