AOL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an initial behavioral interview, asked about my experiences and about myself. Had a second round interview with the specific manager that I was going to be working with. I was asked about my skill-set that pertained to the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

The process was very thorough and when interviewing candidates, the picture of what the job entails was explicitly presented to the individual as we were a 24/7/365 shop.

Interview Questions

• if there were 3 light bulbs in the basement and 3 switches upstairs without designation of what switch was for which light how would you determine what switch was for the first light, the second light and third light.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

I had my first phone interview on December 12, 2013. The process took 2.5 months. After the phone interview they called me for the 2nd round which included two interviews with the Manager and the head of the team. They were both general and involved mostly behaviourial questions. After clearing this round, I was asked to come for the last round in January, 2014. It involved an interview with the Head of Finance Department and the Cultural Ambassador. I was told that I would be informed regarding their decision in 2 weeks time. However they informed me after 1.5 months that they lost the headcount for the position and had decided not to hire anyone. Overall experience was okay. The interviews were very general. But the follow up process was extremely slow.

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Online application Web test Phone interview F2F interviews (3)

Interview Questions

• Some questions were very difficult graduate math questions   Answer Question

Senior Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions include what I actually liked to do outside of work.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First round a call from the recruiter to know more about candidate. Second round skype interview with a team lead, was asked to build a simple calculator android app.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

At first there was a phone screen. Followed by the hiring manager for the team. Then I was brought in to meet with the team. 4 people, 30 minutes each. Basic fit and behavioral questions. Brought in again to meet with more people, a couple brain teasers. And a final meeting with the cultural ambassador.

Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared to discuss your background and how you can benefit the company Know the organizations culture

Interview Questions

• If I asked your boss where you can improve the most, what would they say?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted 2 days after applying for a phone screening. It was more of a phone interview than screening. It then took over 3 weeks to hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• What type of social media tactics would you employ to get more followers/users?   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

campus interview

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of attention to detail. Could come from your past work experience, or study.   Answer Question