AOL

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Managing Editor Interview

Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AOL in February 2011.

Interview Details – Recruited from LinkedIn Profile by New York HR team. That led to phone interview, and in person interview locally; then to panel interview in New York office. Very professional and positive experience, although it helped they were recruiting me more than me applying to an opening.

Interview Question – Among interviewers is someone serving as cultural ambassador who primarily wants to assess your attitudes about change...which makes sense because AOL is a place where your cheese can be moved quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had their salary limits, but there was an honest exchange and effort to give me more than I was making in the market to bring me in. I was in a stronger position since they were recruiting me. W ould be differently if one was applying for opening.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AOL

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!

AOL – Why Work for Us?

AOL consumers were shopping, chatting, getting news and information and playing multi-user games online at the dawn of the internet. We were the cornerstone of social media long before anyone knew what a social network… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AOL Managing Editor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AOL employees and interview candidates.