AOL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ad Ops Manager Intern Interview

Ad Ops Manager Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AOL in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had my resume forwarded to recruiter through a former employee. Spoke to recruiter about various internship positions available and placed a preference on multiple ones. After that, I interviewed with hiring managers for the positions, starting with my top choice, moving on to the next one until I was placed.

Interview Question – What do you see as the future of digital media?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AOL in February 2013.

Interview Details – The person that I would be replacing appeared to be extremely busy, making hundreds of phone calls per day. The job appeared to be very exciting, but very busy. The other workers were all interesting people, with strong resumes and Internet backgrounds. They told me that I had the job, subject to approval by corporate. The only problem was that because the company was part of a major corporation, the hiring decision needed to be approved by the corporation, and the approval took months and months and never came.

Interview Question – Can you wait and not accept your other job offers until corporate approval is received for the AOL job offer?   View Answer

Curator Interview

Curator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AOL in March 2014.

Interview Details – Three to four weeks after my application, I was contacted by HR via email to arrange a phone interview. I was then asked to complete an editorial test. As someone with several years of experience at a major news organization I can honestly say that I found the direction of the test to be very unclear (and I have passed editorial tests at Bloomberg and similar places). I spent a good portion of my weekend on this test, I was called in for an interview with a senior exec (Balthazar) who acted friendly. The whole process (from the online application, HR interview and in-person interview ) took a significant amount of time, but I never even received a thanks, but no thanks email from HR. I have landed a great job since, but I feel companies should realize that their recruiting processes leave a lasting impression....

Interview Question – There were no difficult (or behavioral) questions. And nothing unexpected   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Operations Interview

Manager Operations
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – Be prepared to discuss your background and how you can benefit the company
Know the organizations culture

Interview Question – If I asked your boss where you can improve the most, what would they say?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL in July 2013.

Interview Details – i only had one interview - I am trying to switch industries (from finance to online media). The interviewer seemed to believe that I needed tech experience to do this job well.

Interview Question – Tell me about the analogies between financial trading and the Adtech space right now   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AOL in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Had a 30 min phone chat with recruiter-- basic questions and some behavioral stuff. Came in for in person interview next week, hiring manager was super swamped and overbooked only had about 15 min to speak with me when I was told I'd be there for close to an hour. Asked to continue interview by phone at later date but never heard back.

Interview Question – Why Do You Want This Job?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I interviewed at AOL in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited through my school's job board. They were actually very friendly and sent me an e-mail asking me to interview with them and I gladly accepted.

There was three interview stages, and they ran for a total of about 1.5 hours. Many of the questions were behavioural, and they wasn't anything too out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – The cultural ambassador wants to assess your attitudes about dyanamic work environments... asks many behavioural questions that must be tied back to AOL's values   Answer Question

Senior Research Manager Interview

Senior Research Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – I worked with a recruiter who submitted one of my very old resumes to the hiring manager and VP of the group for both of my first phone interviews. The old résumé was from four years prior when I applied to a completely different part of AOL. This happened once with the hiring manager, and then again with the VP a week later, even after I called this old resume submission to the recruiter's attention. Needless to say, I had two very awkward phone interviews in which I had to explain my current company and all my current responsibilities.

When I reached out again after not hearing anything, I received what looked like a copied and pasted explanation of why I didn't get the job. It was vague, speaking to the fact that I didn't have "digital" experience (even though that's all I have), and the email signature was repeated (demonstrating to me that this was copied from another email).

Really disappointing experience with a company I've had an interest in for a while. I'd recommend being overly explicit with their recruiters, as some of them are obviously prone to error.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AOL in May 2012.

Interview Details – HR interview then interview with supervisor - a lot of behavioral question from HR then the interview with supervisor was chill

Interview Question – not much, regular behavioral   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AOL in April 2012.

Interview Details – Everyone there was very knowledgeable and personable. They asked good questions and gave me a very good impression of the company and its culture. All around good experience.

Interview Question – How would you design an attribution solution?   Answer Question

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!