AOL Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

The longest interview process ever! 2 months and 13 rounds of interviews (yes, thirteen!). The position was for a sub-company under AOL and most of the rounds were technical. 8 rounds of onsite interviews (in a single day) and 5 rounds of phone and skype in total. The best part of the interview was not even a single interviewer was intimidating or strict. It was all casual and the work place was super cool.

Interview Questions

• Common HR questions and technical questions were on specific technologies required for the position   Answer Question

Finance, Social Media and Trending Content Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via Linkedin, got a call from HR who then scheduled a phone screening and timed writing test. After the phone screening I got called in for an onsite interview where I interviewed with 4 people with whom I now walk along side.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for an internship position and was contacted by one of their recruiters about a full time entry-level position via email. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter, then there was coding skills test followed by another phone interview with one of the senior members of the team where they asked basic questions about school, projects I worked on, and work experience. I did good on both of those interviews and was asked to come in for an in person interview that lasted about three hours. The first part consisted of another coding skills test (very basic things on HTML, CSS, and some jQuery), which lasted about 20 mins. The test was then followed by four different one-on-one interviews with the members of team, some of which asked more coding questions.

Interview Questions

• You have two water buckets: the first can hold 3 gallons of water and the second can hold 5 gallons of water, how do you fill the 5 gallon bucket with exactly 4 gallons of water using these two buckets (the 3 gallon and 5 gallon bucket)?   2 Answers

Senior Strateg Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied thru LinkedIn
    - Had a phone screen through recruiter
    -She explained that there are numerous rounds of interviews
    1. Interview with the Team
    2. Case Study
    3. Interview with the Team Lead
    4. Culture Interview

Then the Interview panel has to present a case to bring me onboard

5. Offer, if possible

Interview Questions

• Wasn't sure what they are looking for on the case... The case was analyzing AOL through Financial Data and spotting weaknesses and strengths   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I have been contacted 5 times by different recruiters from AOL over the last year. Each time they would set up a interview and told me they would set up a second interview. 2 times I had a phone conversation with the Manager asking for me to come in. Both times the recruiter never followed up. The other three times the recruiter forgot about the call, when I tried to call them they never responded.

Interview Questions

• Your first impression of a potential company is the internal recruiter. After my last experience I never want to work at AOL. The lack of professionalism and lack of responsiveness to potential recruits lends me to believe if I was employed at AOL it would be a nightmare   Answer Question

Curator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Three to four weeks after my application, I was contacted by HR via email to arrange a phone interview. I was then asked to complete an editorial test. As someone with several years of experience at a major news organization I can honestly say that I found the direction of the test to be very unclear (and I have passed editorial tests at Bloomberg and similar places). I spent a good portion of my weekend on this test, I was called in for an interview with a senior exec (Balthazar) who acted friendly. The whole process (from the online application, HR interview and in-person interview ) took a significant amount of time, but I never even received a thanks, but no thanks email from HR. I have landed a great job since, but I feel companies should realize that their recruiting processes leave a lasting impression....

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult (or behavioral) questions. And nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an initial behavioral interview, asked about my experiences and about myself. Had a second round interview with the specific manager that I was going to be working with. I was asked about my skill-set that pertained to the job.

Ad Ops Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Had my resume forwarded to recruiter through a former employee. Spoke to recruiter about various internship positions available and placed a preference on multiple ones. After that, I interviewed with hiring managers for the positions, starting with my top choice, moving on to the next one until I was placed.

Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared to discuss your background and how you can benefit the company
    Know the organizations culture

Interview Questions

• If I asked your boss where you can improve the most, what would they say?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

i only had one interview - I am trying to switch industries (from finance to online media). The interviewer seemed to believe that I needed tech experience to do this job well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the analogies between financial trading and the Adtech space right now   1 Answer