AOL Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Sep 13, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Strateg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AOL in July 2014.

Applied thru LinkedIn
    - Had a phone screen through recruiter
    -She explained that there are numerous rounds of interviews
    1. Interview with the Team
    2. Case Study
    3. Interview with the Team Lead
    4. Culture Interview

Then the Interview panel has to present a case to bring me onboard

5. Offer, if possible

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't sure what they are looking for on the case... The case was analyzing AOL through Financial Data and spotting weaknesses and strengths   Answer Question

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

I applied online for an internship position and was contacted by one of their recruiters about a full time entry-level position via email. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter, then there was coding skills test followed by another phone interview with one of the senior members of the team where they asked basic questions about school, projects I worked on, and work experience. I did good on both of those interviews and was asked to come in for an in person interview that lasted about three hours. The first part consisted of another coding skills test (very basic things on HTML, CSS, and some jQuery), which lasted about 20 mins. The test was then followed by four different one-on-one interviews with the members of team, some of which asked more coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • You have two water buckets: the first can hold 3 gallons of water and the second can hold 5 gallons of water, how do you fill the 5 gallon bucket with exactly 4 gallons of water using these two buckets (the 3 gallon and 5 gallon bucket)?   View Answer

Ad Ops Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AOL in January 2014.

Had my resume forwarded to recruiter through a former employee. Spoke to recruiter about various internship positions available and placed a preference on multiple ones. After that, I interviewed with hiring managers for the positions, starting with my top choice, moving on to the next one until I was placed.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AOL in February 2013.

The person that I would be replacing appeared to be extremely busy, making hundreds of phone calls per day. The job appeared to be very exciting, but very busy. The other workers were all interesting people, with strong resumes and Internet backgrounds. They told me that I had the job, subject to approval by corporate. The only problem was that because the company was part of a major corporation, the hiring decision needed to be approved by the corporation, and the approval took months and months and never came.

Interview Questions
    • Can you wait and not accept your other job offers until corporate approval is received for the AOL job offer?   View Answer

Curator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AOL in March 2014.

Three to four weeks after my application, I was contacted by HR via email to arrange a phone interview. I was then asked to complete an editorial test. As someone with several years of experience at a major news organization I can honestly say that I found the direction of the test to be very unclear (and I have passed editorial tests at Bloomberg and similar places). I spent a good portion of my weekend on this test, I was called in for an interview with a senior exec (Balthazar) who acted friendly. The whole process (from the online application, HR interview and in-person interview ) took a significant amount of time, but I never even received a thanks, but no thanks email from HR. I have landed a great job since, but I feel companies should realize that their recruiting processes leave a lasting impression....

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult (or behavioral) questions. And nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AOL.

Be prepared to discuss your background and how you can benefit the company
    Know the organizations culture

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your boss where you can improve the most, what would they say?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL in July 2013.

i only had one interview - I am trying to switch industries (from finance to online media). The interviewer seemed to believe that I needed tech experience to do this job well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the analogies between financial trading and the Adtech space right now   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AOL in March 2013.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Had a 30 min phone chat with recruiter-- basic questions and some behavioral stuff. Came in for in person interview next week, hiring manager was super swamped and overbooked only had about 15 min to speak with me when I was told I'd be there for close to an hour. Asked to continue interview by phone at later date but never heard back.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at AOL in February 2013.

I was recruited through my school's job board. They were actually very friendly and sent me an e-mail asking me to interview with them and I gladly accepted.

There was three interview stages, and they ran for a total of about 1.5 hours. Many of the questions were behavioural, and they wasn't anything too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • The cultural ambassador wants to assess your attitudes about dyanamic work environments... asks many behavioural questions that must be tied back to AOL's values   Answer Question

Senior Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

I worked with a recruiter who submitted one of my very old resumes to the hiring manager and VP of the group for both of my first phone interviews. The old résumé was from four years prior when I applied to a completely different part of AOL. This happened once with the hiring manager, and then again with the VP a week later, even after I called this old resume submission to the recruiter's attention. Needless to say, I had two very awkward phone interviews in which I had to explain my current company and all my current responsibilities.

When I reached out again after not hearing anything, I received what looked like a copied and pasted explanation of why I didn't get the job. It was vague, speaking to the fact that I didn't have "digital" experience (even though that's all I have), and the email signature was repeated (demonstrating to me that this was copied from another email).

Really disappointing experience with a company I've had an interest in for a while. I'd recommend being overly explicit with their recruiters, as some of them are obviously prone to error.

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!