AOL

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AOL in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for another position on the website, however, instead of a blank application, i mailed the person who had put up the position. She contacted me and told me that the research manager position was available and I asked for details. Position was 80K and 10% bonus each year.

I spoke with the Director of Marketing research post this phone call. He was really nice, took me through the process of the job and what I would be doing and then asked me some questions about my work experience and what I thought I would bring to the role. Questions were to try and understand my thinking and approach to the study.

I sent a follow up email thanking them, but got no response. A week later, after I had sent another email, I got a response saying they had found stronger candidates for the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a study where you had to understand consumer motivations   Answer Question
  • What about you makes you a good match for this job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AOL

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!

AOL – Why Work for Us?

AOL consumers were shopping, chatting, getting news and information and playing multi-user games online at the dawn of the internet. We were the cornerstone of social media long before anyone knew what a social network… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AOL Research Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AOL employees and interview candidates.