AOL Research Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied for another position on the website, however, instead of a blank application, i mailed the person who had put up the position. She contacted me and told me that the research manager position was available and I asked for details. Position was 80K and 10% bonus each year. I spoke with the Director of Marketing research post this phone call. He was really nice, took me through the process of the job and what I would be doing and then asked me some questions about my work experience and what I thought I would bring to the role. Questions were to try and understand my thinking and approach to the study. I sent a follow up email thanking them, but got no response. A week later, after I had sent another email, I got a response saying they had found stronger candidates for the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a study where you had to understand consumer motivations   Answer Question
  • What about you makes you a good match for this job?   Answer Question