AOL

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AOL in June 2014.

Interview Details – Technical phone interview - Took around 45 mins and was asked few object oriented questions and a program to know the largest set of contiguous numbers in a given set of numbers

Face to face - 6 persons interviewed and a additional cultural ambassador interview.

Interview Question – More behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – Tech exam
Phone interview
Onsite: culture, tech and team interviews
Great office
Good vibe

Interview Question – Some tech questions more suitable to graduate as they would be something that you may cover when learning coding but haven't used since then.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was with a third party as I'm there a long time and my first 6 months was as a contractor.
Things have changed significantly since I started here. Interview process is much more detailed now and is OTT IMO.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – An open job interview is an interview for employment where companies accept job applications during a ranges of times when all applicants who are interested in applying can attend. The company conducts on-the-spot interviews rather than scheduling individual interview appointments with candidates. If the company advertises open interviews, this will be the first step in the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?
Give me an example of a time when you took the time to share a co-worker's or supervisor's achievements with others?
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AOL in April 2009.

Interview Details – There was call from the recruiter and I have asked to take up an telephonic round.
The First round over the telephone was around the resume and the basic skills from the tools used, the technology details and DB.

Once after that 1:1 with a panel for 2 hours, where end up writing sample code, drawing some concepts, trouble shooting the give code and so on

Interview Question – Why are you looking for change?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AOL in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with hiring manager on the phone went well. I was called onsite and interviewed with 5 members of their team. The team members were very friendly and open to talking about their projects and my role. The interview was very technical as expected. They had a written test that was administered early on prior to the interview. A large part of the hiring process is based on the test I think.

I thought the interview went well and was told that they would be going ahead with an offer. But, I was later told that the CTO vetoed the offer, which was a bummer because I liked the team and thought my skills lined up well to fit in. Oh well...moving on.

Interview Question – describe a difficult situtation you had to deal with management and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!