AOL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AOL in February 2008.

Interview Details – First was two phone interviews with questions focused primarily on technical skills and experience.

Second was an in person interview by committee of several Sr level SA's within the department, including my prospective team, which focused more on personality, deeper into experience, and thought process of how to handle problems and solutions.

Next was an in person interview (immediately following previous) with two Sr. Technical Managers, including my prospective manager also focusing on thought process for problem solving skills.

Interview Question – I was asked to design an architecture to solve a problem that had nothing to do with the technologies with which I would be working with. In this case:
How would you design a badge-entry door system with a central DB for user authentication and be failproof against connectivity problems with the central system but still get updates.
  View Answer

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!