AOL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AOL in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a senior software engineer and didn't go any further. I answered everything correctly and in depth. I didn't remember exactly the MVC pattern's components though and in my feedback that was the reason of the rejection along with bad communication skills. They said I was asking the interviewer to repeat his questions (which never happened) and that suggests bad communication skills.

Interview Question – Apparently the MVC pattern is very important for a Software Engineer, even for a "non-Web" role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – two interviews, approachable interview process, but cultural fit is a weird one. asked a mixture of technical and general questions. some questions were repeats. they do take their time and are not always responsive to feedback. maybe, they were looking for a particular look of a candidate. be prepared for any sort of questions.

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Senior Software QA Engineer

Interviewed at AOL

Interview Details – It was easy. Mostly about my prior experience. And one round of interview with the folks in US.

Interview Question – Not so difficult. I was asked to explain my previous project.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Brand Marketing Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – Very relaxed, informal at Marketing Directors House

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table that nobody else can   View Answer

Service Delivery Interview

Service Delivery
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a role with AOL, got on extremely well with the very nervous hiring manager until the interview was rudely interrupted by his line manager who unbalanced the whole experience for both of us.

Emailed HR with my feedback as is customary with many American companies. Never heard anything from HR after being told I would do straight away by the hiring manager. Waited a few more days and emailed HR again, still nothing, exceptionally rude to hear nothing back after taking the time, effort and expense to attend for interview.

I never heard anything back.

I now have a very bad perception of this company which has quite frankly lost it's way, after reading quite damning things about AOLs future I now feel that I have had a lucky escape!

Information Security Analyst Interview

Information Security Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at AOL in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very brief - qualified the interview, said they'd look for someone else.

Interview Questions

Worked for AOL? Contribute to the Community!