AOL Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AOL in June 2014.

I was contacted by a staffing firm based on my posted resume and matched with a job opening at AOL. I was then set up for a phone screen with the technical lead for the group in which I'd be working. She was very nice initially, asking the basic questions about my background and experience. However when she began the detailed technical questions the interview became very tense and she was extremely arrogant and defensive, choosing to very negatively harp on technical explanations of mine that she didn't like. I was still asked to come in for an in-person interview and I was surprised (while I should not have been) to get the stereotypical ten-on-one bombardment interview. Questions, technical and otherwise, were rapidly fired at me often before I could finish my answer to the previous question. The interviewers - supposedly members of "the team" - seemed to be more interested in impressing each other with how big of a jerk they could be in a "professional" interview. When that nightmare was over I spoke to a recruiter or HR person to tell me about the company where I told her I was not interested in working at AOL.

Interview Questions
    • How can you prove that there are an infinite number of prime numbers?   View Answer

NOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AOL.

I was interviewed over the phone initially with no real "IT" experience.. a month later was called again to continue the face-to-face interview process.. Overall took a month to complete all interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Programming experience was difficult as I had minimal experience during college.. and was advised even the best colleges out there, most students do not pass AOL's programming tests.   Answer Question
    I negotiated at a higher rate and it was accepted. I knew what my experience and background would be worth along with my Master's Degree. I wouldn't take anything less than what I asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AOL in April 2014.

Had 1 technical interview session in codility consisting of 4 questions.
    Then I was assigned a 24 hr timeline project to complete (developing a web application)
    Then onsite interview consisting of 5 30-minute sessions followed by a discussion with a cultural ambassador who focuses on your overall fit into the company's culture
    Finally a Skype session with the hiring manager since he couldn't meet me on the day of the onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were pretty much standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.
      The cultural discussion session had a lot of questions for which there is just no right answer. Most of them are questions that look for your opinion on things like team building, building trust with your teammates, etc etc.
        Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AOL in February 2014.

The recruiter was very communicative and supportive and acted as a champion. Several phone interviews with hiring manager followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. it appeared they were in a state of flux and overwhelmed, resulting in a lack of clarity as to the role focus and responsibilities expect that there were "lots of contracts". Very little talk of business relationships, value of partners, deals, goals, etc. No response for weeks after the interview, then was informed AOL ended up putting the job on hold and not hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, but lacked creativity. It was difficult to know if they knew what they were looking for in a candidate but if I had to guess, it was someone to sit behind a computer and just do contracts.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AOL in February 2014.

I got an email saying AOL want to chat with me about the Data Analyst Internship position in more depth. So I schedule a phone interview with HR. The interviewer just asked me regular behavior questions and some details about your former experiences written on your resume. But I was told that the company only accept current student who working for a degree.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked some details about your former experiences.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

interviewed at AOL in December 2013.

I had my first phone interview on December 12, 2013. The process took 2.5 months. After the phone interview they called me for the 2nd round which included two interviews with the Manager and the head of the team. They were both general and involved mostly behaviourial questions. After clearing this round, I was asked to come for the last round in January, 2014. It involved an interview with the Head of Finance Department and the Cultural Ambassador. I was told that I would be informed regarding their decision in 2 weeks time. However they informed me after 1.5 months that they lost the headcount for the position and had decided not to hire anyone. Overall experience was okay. The interviews were very general. But the follow up process was extremely slow.

Senior Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at AOL in December 2013.

The interview process was very straightforward

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions include what I actually liked to do outside of work.   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AOL in October 2013.

campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of attention to detail.
      Could come from your past work experience, or study.
        Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AOL.

Applied on LinkedIn and received an email to set up the phone interview on the very next day.

Interview Questions
    Pleasant. They wanted to make sure I received a fair wage.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AOL.

I was originally hired via a temporary (staffing) agency to work there, so my interview process wasn't the normal process I expect. But there wasn't anything unusual about the process either. Standard questions asked about one's experience, how one handles certain situations, etc. It has been several years, so I do not remember specific questions at this time.