APAC Customer Services

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at APAC Customer Services in December 2014.

When they are low on Customer service Reps. They will send out an email to whoever applied online to come in for an interview within the next 2 days from 9am-2pm or if they are just looking for individuals, a lady will call. You go there for the interview and its like 8 other people or more waiting, you sign in and a lady will give you a packet to fill out. Complete it, turn it in and wait for either Eddie or Raul to interview you. I had Eddie. Its not really an interview. All it is, is to go over the job and to get a form to go take your drug test and come back and return it that same day. Also, the drug test clinic be packed so expect to wait at least an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is your availability? Can you work holidays? Have you ever had customer service experience? Is your background going to come back clean?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $9/hour while in training for 3 weeks. Then you get paid $10/hour.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at APAC Customer Services.

Applied online- simple application with survey. After playing phone tag with an HR person for a long time (I had a different job at the time, I'm sure this wouldn't have happened if I was available more), I ended up walking into the HR office. I was given an interview on the spot because I was previously contacted by HR. Was hired that day and given a schedule. Very nice process. They have many HR employees and saw me within a half hour. Interview was very straightforward- examples of customer service experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is always words to describe yourself. She asked for three. Be prepared!   View Answer
    They offer different pay rates for different programs/clients. Also training pay is different than what will be your salary after training.

Customer Service Representative - APAC Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at APAC Customer Services.

'Hiring' was a scripted process done via email and a few phone calls. These screeners by every indication are fresh out of high school with no or very little HR or business experience themselves.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one difficult question asked of me. Simple obvious questions such as 'Can you sit for long periods", "Are you comfortable working out of your home'?   Answer Question

The pay was nowhere close to what I would require

Customer Service Representative WorkAtHome Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raeford, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raeford, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at APAC Customer Services in August 2014.

I applied online and within 24 hours I was contacted via Email for a good time to have a Pre Screen over the phone and that they were interested in moving forward with me. I was ready to pre screen with them but ended up having the pre screen 3 days later because of their schedule. The recruiter called exactly at the agreed time.
    He asked me about the jobs that I worked in the past relating to customer service to see if I had at least 3 years experience. He asked how long I worked at each job and what were my reasons for leaving those employers.
    He then asked i would be interested in continuing to proceed and have a full interview because I qualified and passed the Pre screen. I said yes.
    Then I was asked to tell her about a time I had a challenging customer and what did I do to resolve the customer's complaint or frustration. Why do I want to work at APAC? He asked a lot of questions but I had pre pared for the interview so I did not have to think much to respond to her questions ( I already knew what she was going to ask) :)
    He then went over the job offer and requirements and asked if I could comply, accept and still interested. Said I will be required to take a drug screen and background check and then I'll be offered a position if passed. Took drug screen in my local hometown, where they sent me. This was on a Fri, by Mon of the following week I received an email telling me I passed the drug screen and back ground check, its official if I accept the offer. I did.

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared so it was pretty smooth for me.   View Answer
    No negotiating. The pay is pretty good, so take it!

Training Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at APAC Customer Services.

My interview consisted of talking with a supervisor and him asking certain questions. He actually just showed me movie trailers and wanted to talk about Hellboy. It was more of a screening to see how well I communicated about something I knew nothing about I feel.

Interview Questions
    It was an offer to either take it or leave it

Customer Service Representative- Inbound Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at APAC Customer Services in July 2014.

This was a confusing hiring and interview process. I felt the HR representative was inexperienced and didn't really know what she was doing. This HR rep shared an office with another representative. The other person was working and on the phone while I being interviewed. Very annoying. Interviewed then with a team lead. It was a fluff interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult to questions to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a plain offer with a start date.

Customer Service Representative - APAC Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at APAC Customer Services.

applied online a couple of days later got interview with the company contract through APAC.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and how did you over come them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at APAC Customer Services in April 2014.

I received an email on 4/9/2014 for Interview Day on 4/10/2014. The first interview was one on one and then I was extended an offer for a Second interview on 4/11/2014 to sit with an customer service agent and listen in on live calls, also complete a practice call as well as answer additional questions. On 4/18/2014 Human resources called to let me know I will be starting in the training class on 4/28/2014 and to come in on 4/19/2014 to complete an i9 form on he computer as well as pick up a offer letter along with a training schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was: Why do you want to work in a call center?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Customer Service Representative - Houston,, TX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at APAC Customer Services in April 2014.

This is like a machine. 8-5 everyday they take applications and hire people. I don't know if all call centers are like this, but this is a very large machine. Went in, took a number, got escorted to a computer. Took a typing test, then did the online application (which is long). Included in the online application is an assessment test (math, patterns, and other basic stuff) and a personality test (about 7 pages). You complete the application for both the CSR and telesales position. Afterwards, you go back to the front, wait until they enter your results and information in the system, then it goes to a queu, HR pulls your file and calls you back for an interview. Basic Interview Questions - what are your goals in the company? Explain previous jobs. Nothing big. Its a same day apply and interview type situation. More than likely you'll be hired on the spot. If it looks like you will be, they give you a drug test order, you go take a drug test THAT DAY, bring the form back. And that's it. They call you THAT DAY with a job offer. The next day I started the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals? Mainly because its a call center, so I wasn't expecting a question of longevity or career aspirations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at APAC Customer Services.

Typical hiring process. The company changed who they were representing right after I applied, so I didn't hear from them for about 8 months after I applied.