APAC Customer Services

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

La Crosse, WI

The process took 4 days - interviewed at APAC Customer Services in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at APAC online on Wednesday, which included a personality test, online simulation and a basic application. Thursday I got an email about setting up a phone interview. Friday morning I had the phone interview which is basically where they ask you very basic questions about yourself and what not. Then I was asked when would be a good day to come in for a group interview. On Tuesday I went in for the group interview with 6 other people. They asked you basic questions in front of the group and they also gave a tour and a presentation about APAC and what they do. After the interview they said you would find out if you got the job with in 48 hrs. About 45min after the interview, I got a call asking me to accept, the following day I went in to fill out paper work and take a drug test.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no room to negotiate.

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at APAC Customer Services in September 2009.

Interview Details – I brought in my resume and did a basic interview, they told me I had the job and when to come in to start working.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at APAC?   Answer Question

Green Bay, WI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at APAC Customer Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out extensive information online after which I was prompted to select an appointment time for an interview. At the interview I filled out much of the same information I had entered online and took a typing test. After this was completed, they examined my scores and decided I qualified for a 1:1 interview. The interviewer was very friendly and put me at ease. The interview took perhaps 20 minutes.

Interview Question – How many years ago did you graduate from high school? This was asked in a conversational manner, but he seemed to realize his mistake and quickly backpedaled   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no room for negotiation. They tell you what you'll be doing based on your scores and interview.

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at APAC Customer Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and then was then directed to do an inbound Customer Service Rep simulation. After that, I chose a time to come in to fill out onsite application, which I did in the next couple of days. When I went in, I filled out info about myself, work history, references. I had on spot interview which lasted about 20 minutes. I waited a while for the interviewer to be ready. She was all over the place, asked me how I was about 3-4 times while she said Hi to other people in the office. After the interview, she said ALL applications get sent to operations and I'll hear back in a week or two. Which is a LIE. I have not heard back, wouldn't want to work for this company anyways. Pays very minimum 8.50 to start for training. I think Customer Service Reps deserve more than that, especially when they are the ones customers take out their frustration on most of the time!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
  • Was there ever a time where you had to ask a customer questions in order to answer THEIR question?   Answer Question

La Crosse, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 8 months - interviewed at APAC Customer Services.

Interview Details – Typical hiring process. The company changed who they were representing right after I applied, so I didn't hear from them for about 8 months after I applied.

Interview Question – None. Very standard interview.   Answer Question

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at APAC Customer Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application through their website and was called by a recruiter to come in to finish the application process. I was scheduled the next day to come in and do this. When I arrived, I went to Human Resources and they looked up my information and had me go into a computer room to take a skills assessment in personality and math, then a questionnaire, and finally a simulated call center assessment.

Afterwards I was asked to have a seat in HR for about 10 minutes and then I was offered to have an interview. I was asked general questions during the interview with HR and then told a little about the company and pay, etc. I was then told they have two training classes coming up for two different programs and they let me choose which one interested me more. After talking more I was asked if I would like to interview for the position right away. I was told how much the starting pay would be for this particular program ($8.50) and was mislead by how she explained that you will make more after training. The HR rep said flat out you get $1 extra per hour right out of training and then another $1 after so long of good attendance. Turns out you don't just earn either of these bonuses automatically, they are both based on not only attendance, but quality scores of calls.

I was asked to have a seat in HR again for another 10 minutes or so and then a team leader from the program I was interviewing for came to get me. We went into a room and went over work history, behavioral interview style questions, job related questions, and more typical interview material. After we were done she said she had to send my paperwork back to HR and then they would process and background check and I would probably be called within a day or two since the training class started the following Monday. Friday I got a call offering the job and I accepted on the terms that you are required to be at training 100% of the time, one call in will result in separation from the company, so you must be willing to adhere to the schedule. During the offer I was also able to pick my days off and master schedule for after training, once picked however, you can't change it.

Interview Question – Would your previous employers rehire you, why or why not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, when you go in for interviewing they give you information and paperwork to read and one of the papers is a notice that you must sign that exclaims the starting pay is $8.00-$8.50 depending on the program. There is opportunity for $1-$2 bonus after training if your attendance is perfect and your quality scores are good. During the interview they are misleading about how you have to earn these.

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at APAC Customer Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very simple. I applied online and then 2 days later I got a phone call to go in and finish a more detailed application and a skills test. I had the interview that same day and they offered me the job 2 days later after a background check.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you had to overcome in your professional career?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative- Inbound Interview

Customer Service Representative- Inbound
La Crosse, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at APAC Customer Services in June 2011.

Interview Details – Most interviews are done in a group setting, mine however was done individually with three interviewers. I was interviewed by the recruiter, the person in charge of personnel, and the head of HR. The interviews were pretty easy and straight forward. I was hired pretty quickly, they do drug testing and background checks as well.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was "Explain a time when you have had de-escalate a situation"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, accepted the rate and schedule offered.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at APAC Customer Services

Interview Details – company tends to hire from within - if you're already a rep, you file at the company's online site to apply for another position & also will most likely need to submit a paper form to your current supervisor for their approval to apply for another position. then depending on number of applicants, they are screened based on performance & observational data by on-site management, then operations managers interview one on one. this process can take weeks, depending on how many interviewees there are. then, if approved, an interview with the general manager.

Interview Question – unexpected - why do you work for the company? it was unexpected because it just seems like it should go without saying for most people who apply to move up - not so much money, but the next step sort of thing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was stupid & didn't try to negotiate at all - they told me that's how it was, i was so grateful to be recognized that i just took it.

Worked for APAC Customer Services? Contribute to the Community!