APC By Schneider Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in March 2010.

Interview Details – Found opportunity on company's web site. Submitted resume and cover letter. Weeks later was contacted and arranged a phone interview. That went well, so next had one-on-one meeting with hiring manager. Was told that I would be contacted soon. About four weeks later I was contacted by HR and went on site to talk with them. Finally, had a tele-conference with firing manager's manager and about a week later was offered the job.

Interview Question – I brought examples of marketing materials which I developed. That helped the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was absolutely no negotiation on their part.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty stringent, but if you know someone you can get to through the first few steps of the process without a problem. They know what they are looking for, but not a lot of tolerance for people who don't fit the mold.

Interview Question – There were some google'ish questions designed to weed out people who are afraid of getting the wrong answer or who can't think on their feet.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then onsite interview where they flew me out to CA in their Costa Mesa facility. Phone interview was easy, they offered me to go out onsite at the end of the phone interview. I encourage techs to shy away from this position on the CCC. But if you must....try to negotiate, they need you more than you need them.

Interview Question – A few power related questions. How much voltage comes out of your standard wall outlet?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told they do not negotiate with people without full time experience.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week I was invited to a preliminary interview. The interview was through my smartphone/webcam, and involved me answering a series of questions, and the video clips were uploaded using the HireVue app. It was not complicated and the interview questions were pretty standard.

The day after the initial interview, they invited me for an on-site interview. This interview was with a mid-level and upper-level manager, and it was both of them at the same time. The first part of the interview was them basically asking about things that were on my resume, like college experience, previous jobs, why this company, not too bad over all. The second part, was different, they asked me to describe the electrical specifications of the outlet, and explain to them my knowledge from the outlet to the power company. Then they asked me about the components inside a pc, what is attached to the MB, the two major CPU brands, etc. They asked me what OS I knew about, and to tell them the last 3 versions of Windows, starting with the current. The last question was designed to show my thought processes during a given scenario, both with a small end user and a corporate buyer. They asked for my response, then gave new information, asked if my response had changed, and then asked for a final decision. I worked my way through, thinking out loud, and they seemed satisfied with my answer. They told me after that it had no correct answer, but they wanted to see how I thought things out.

After that I went onto the floor and shadowed a couple different people, but there were no calls, so I just chatted with them, asking questions.

Interview Question – The last question was designed to show my thought processes during a given scenario, both with a small end user and a corporate buyer. They asked for my response, then gave new information, asked if my response had changed, and then asked for a final decision. I worked my way through, thinking out loud, and they seemed satisfied with my answer. They told me after that it had no correct answer, but they wanted to see how I thought things out.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
West Kingston, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter, two over the phone interviews and one 2-hour in person interview.

At the on site interview, all the staff was pleasent and the interview fell by. They asked great questions.

Interview Question – Question- "Explain what is on the wall"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I interviewed on a Thursday and was offered the job the next day.

Intern Interview

Intern
West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by personal interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
West Kingston, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – Approached at college career fair event and talked to a current inside sales representative about how my technical and business skills from previous internships would benefit the company. Had a 1:1 interview the next day at the career fair, followed by a quick phone interview a week later to schedule an onsite interview in RI or CA. At RI all accommodations were paid for and reimbursed, and spent a couple of day hearing current employees success story and touring the plant. Concluded the day with a 2:1 interview with a couple of managers.

Interview Question – SMART approach to Q&A. What's that on the wall and describe it? (electrical outlet)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Base salary was below my desire compensation.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Sales Operations Analyst
West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process began as an impromptu meeting with the senior manager. Next, meetings with scheduled with the manager and senior manager to review job responsibilities. This included a series of 'tests' regarding Excel and math tests. The process was capped by a formal interview in which irrelevant questions were asked regarding basic math and company structure.

Interview Question – Questions were asked about other Schneider business units when the position was with Schneider Power (APC) only. Make sure you know all five business units, employee count, gross income, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personality conflict with department management would have prevented this from being a fruitful arrangement. Very high time commitment for marginal pay increase.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went in and had to wait 25 minutes before I got in to meet with the hiring manager. She was dressed inapporopriately with women of the night shoes.
They were interviewing me and another guy at the same time. I was asked to sit with someone to shadow them, I did this for a half hour. During this time the system shut down.
I went in to interview and there were two people and I was told there were two people on conference call with us. This was crazy.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a verbal disagreement with your boss.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in March 2012.

Interview Details – Asked mostly behavioral questions, i.e. describe a time you worked in a team and had to overcome a challenge, and describe a time where you had to come up with a solution on your own to a difficult problem. Mostly STAR based questions. The interviewer wanted to make sure that I was not just technically competent, but capable of interacting with others. I made it a point to emphasize how much I liked working with people and I think that put me in good stead. Very friendly interview, I was told a little bit about the position and contacted within a few weeks for a final interview on site.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you overcame a difficult problem   Answer Question

Worked for APC By Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!