APC By Schneider Electric

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Consultant Interview

West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week I was invited to a preliminary interview. The interview was through my smartphone/webcam, and involved me answering a series of questions, and the video clips were uploaded using the HireVue app. It was not complicated and the interview questions were pretty standard.

The day after the initial interview, they invited me for an on-site interview. This interview was with a mid-level and upper-level manager, and it was both of them at the same time. The first part of the interview was them basically asking about things that were on my resume, like college experience, previous jobs, why this company, not too bad over all. The second part, was different, they asked me to describe the electrical specifications of the outlet, and explain to them my knowledge from the outlet to the power company. Then they asked me about the components inside a pc, what is attached to the MB, the two major CPU brands, etc. They asked me what OS I knew about, and to tell them the last 3 versions of Windows, starting with the current. The last question was designed to show my thought processes during a given scenario, both with a small end user and a corporate buyer. They asked for my response, then gave new information, asked if my response had changed, and then asked for a final decision. I worked my way through, thinking out loud, and they seemed satisfied with my answer. They told me after that it had no correct answer, but they wanted to see how I thought things out.

After that I went onto the floor and shadowed a couple different people, but there were no calls, so I just chatted with them, asking questions.

Interview Question – The last question was designed to show my thought processes during a given scenario, both with a small end user and a corporate buyer. They asked for my response, then gave new information, asked if my response had changed, and then asked for a final decision. I worked my way through, thinking out loud, and they seemed satisfied with my answer. They told me after that it had no correct answer, but they wanted to see how I thought things out.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative
West Kingston, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter, two over the phone interviews and one 2-hour in person interview.

At the on site interview, all the staff was pleasent and the interview fell by. They asked great questions.

Interview Question – Question- "Explain what is on the wall"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I interviewed on a Thursday and was offered the job the next day.

Intern Interview

West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by personal interview

Inside Sales Representative
West Kingston, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – Approached at college career fair event and talked to a current inside sales representative about how my technical and business skills from previous internships would benefit the company. Had a 1:1 interview the next day at the career fair, followed by a quick phone interview a week later to schedule an onsite interview in RI or CA. At RI all accommodations were paid for and reimbursed, and spent a couple of day hearing current employees success story and touring the plant. Concluded the day with a 2:1 interview with a couple of managers.

Interview Question – SMART approach to Q&A. What's that on the wall and describe it? (electrical outlet)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Base salary was below my desire compensation.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process began as an impromptu meeting with the senior manager. Next, meetings with scheduled with the manager and senior manager to review job responsibilities. This included a series of 'tests' regarding Excel and math tests. The process was capped by a formal interview in which irrelevant questions were asked regarding basic math and company structure.

Interview Question – Questions were asked about other Schneider business units when the position was with Schneider Power (APC) only. Make sure you know all five business units, employee count, gross income, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personality conflict with department management would have prevented this from being a fruitful arrangement. Very high time commitment for marginal pay increase.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Interview

West Kingston, RI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went in and had to wait 25 minutes before I got in to meet with the hiring manager. She was dressed inapporopriately with women of the night shoes.
They were interviewing me and another guy at the same time. I was asked to sit with someone to shadow them, I did this for a half hour. During this time the system shut down.
I went in to interview and there were two people and I was told there were two people on conference call with us. This was crazy.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a verbal disagreement with your boss.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in March 2012.

Interview Details – Asked mostly behavioral questions, i.e. describe a time you worked in a team and had to overcome a challenge, and describe a time where you had to come up with a solution on your own to a difficult problem. Mostly STAR based questions. The interviewer wanted to make sure that I was not just technically competent, but capable of interacting with others. I made it a point to emphasize how much I liked working with people and I think that put me in good stead. Very friendly interview, I was told a little bit about the position and contacted within a few weeks for a final interview on site.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you overcame a difficult problem   Answer Question

Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in March 2011.

Interview Details – First started off with a 1:1 interview through on-campus recruiting. It was one of the best interviews I ever had simply because the HR was very friendly and so out-going. She definitely made the interview very fun and was easy to relate to. She immediately offered me a 2nd round interview, which was based in Costa Mesa. The 2nd round was on-site, they flew me out there (all expenses paid - travel, hotel, food). There was a hiring managers dinner before the interviews and the actual interview consisted of 2 interviews and 1 job shadow. Overall a great experience and the company is so friendly.

Interview Question – Very behavioral-type questions like What was most difficult experience. or When did you regret a decision you made.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

West Kingston, RI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in February 2009.

Interview Details – Competitive and Fair

Interview Question – Come up with a business plan to increase sales by 10%   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process

West Kingston, RI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at APC By Schneider Electric in May 2010.

Interview Details – I first had a one on one interview with the HR lady after I submitted my resume online. It was a very relaxed and basic interview- more of a conversation then anything. She liked me and asked me to come in for an interview at the company headquarters in a few weeks. Within that time I had to take a couple of online aptitude/personality tests. The day of the on-site interview was a recruitment day where they had about 20 candidates interviewing for about 10 jobs (ISR and Engineering). This consisted of a company presentation, job shadow, 2 on 1 interview (including some brain teaser questions), and lastly an HR/benefits presentation. Overall it was a very positive experience, the interview was not overly difficult, and everyone was very friendly. It felt like they were actually investing time in trying to get to know you. The atmosphere was young and relaxed, the vast majority of employees are right out of college.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers- ex. How many phone booths are in NYC?   View Answer
  • Various technical questions about electricity and technology products.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at APC By Schneider Electric

Worked for APC By Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at APC By Schneider Electric interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by APC By Schneider Electric employees and interview candidates.