APCO Worldwide

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with one of the intern coordinators. very casual conversation about past experience and my interest. was invited to an in-person interview to meet with another intern coordinator and staff of a team I applied to.

Interview Question – please tell us a moment when you were proactive in your past professional experience.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via university recruiting website in June to receive a phone interview in early August. The phone interview was informative than interrogatory - basic questions involving my experiences in both college and previous internships. Two days later, I was interviewed at their office with four intern coordinators. The in-person interview was comprehensive - going into nook and cranny of my resume.

Interview Question – What was the most helpful "needs for improvement" comment your former supervisor has told you?   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in May 2011.

Interview Details – Found the internship through browsing the web, and felt I had the qualifications to apply to APCO. Initial online application required answering standard questions (why APCO) that sort of thing, as well as writing a pretend op-ed to test writing skills. Then I was moved on to a phone interview with the same sort of standard questions (what publications do you read? give examples of your strengths). I had to wait a few days after the initial phone interview to be moved on to a second one, where it was a bit more about personality traits (what do you do in your free time). A day or two after that I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – What sort of publications do you read daily?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received an email that I should clear a few moments of my day to be interviewed via phone by APCO. I was contacted and interviewed by 3 members of the marketing client service group. The questions were pretty standard informational questions and behavioral questions. The people were very nice, and made me feel comfortable.

I suggest you review your resume and the position you are applying for and leverage how your past experiences make you a great candidate for the position - standard stuff.

Interview Question – How do your past experiences make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – Once I applied through their website, they replied to fill out a form which they wanted within a tight 48-hour deadline. Questions were in three parts, each related to my ability to write succinctly and to a variety of audiences.

Once passed that stage, they then set up a call. Topics discussed include current affairs and behavioural questions.

Eventually, I met them for a chat. The people are fantastic! They looked at my CV and discussed the experiences I've had in writing. And few days later I heard back from them.

Interview Question – What do you know about writing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours were negotiable as I was studying at the time.

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – I applied through the website, and got contacted through email a while later asking to schedule a phone interview. The first interview was one-on-one, and it seemed more of the interviewer telling me about the company and the intern program than me being questioned. I was asked to do a second phone interview, this time with two interviewers. It was a bit awkward but it was fine.

Interview Question – I don't quite remember the wording, but it was something to the effect of, would you have trouble working with a client that you had ethical or moral qualms about?   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews with questions regarding past work experience, relevant school work, leadership skills and general questions about life experience.

Interview Question – What is your source of industry news?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was a conversational interview and I was expected to ask most of the questions. The interviewer kept asking if I had any more questions. It was relaxed. It was a very nice office, but I did not get a tour.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to hold this internship   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very straight forward, one phone interview, application etc. Questions covered: why do you want to work for this company, why in this sector, walk me through your resume, give me an example of a time your were in a leadership position. What are you hoping to get out of this experience, what are your future career goals.

Interview Question – What news papers or online news resources do you read daily?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Interviews for Top Jobs at APCO Worldwide

Worked for APCO Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at APCO Worldwide Intern interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by APCO Worldwide employees and interview candidates.