APCO Worldwide

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, had a phone interview, then was brought in for an interview with six different people of varying levels. One of the senior decision makers was out of town so I was unable to meet with them since I was an out of state candidate.

The next day I was asked to progress to a writing test and was told they would get back to me soon with next steps. Finally heard back after emailing for an update a week later that they had gone with another candidate.

Interview Question – Easiest interview I have ever been on in my life.   Answer Question

Project Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – Arduous process, interviewed with 9 people over 3 rounds, plus a writing test. I was given the offer the day after my final round, but I know some people wait weeks to hear back.

Interview Question – What's your favorite social media platform, and how would you use it to create a strategy for X client   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's a little wiggle room, but not much. If they say they can't offer you a higher base salary, ask for a signing bonus.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – I applied through an online listing and the process took approximately 4-6 weeks. I was called in for two separate interviews. The interviews are fairly simple and straightforward if you do the necessary prepwork for the beforehand--no really out of the blue questions that I can recall. The first round of interviews consisted of multiple group interviews with potential supervisors and teammates, as well as a brief overview of the company and position with a staff member from HR. The second round of interviews was another group and I was then given a skills assessment test—fairly straightforward if you know your stuff. I was kept abreast of the process through HR, which really seemed on top of everything, and was offered the position about a week and a half later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for APCO?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I personally didn't negotiate because they offered me a killer benefits package and great work environment, which was worth far more to me than the money, but I'm sure there would have been some wiggle room had I asked.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in May 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews which seemed a little pointless- could have met with all relevant staff in one meeting rather than spreading them out- seemed poorly organized. I was kept waiting for staff to show up which made me feel unimportant to them. Not a great first impression
Writing tests understandable.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary- this is what we're offering and this is when you start..... this should have been a red flag.

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with one of the intern coordinators. very casual conversation about past experience and my interest. was invited to an in-person interview to meet with another intern coordinator and staff of a team I applied to.

Interview Question – please tell us a moment when you were proactive in your past professional experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call in 2 days. Had a 20 minutes phone interview, basically answering some questions relating to my job experiences. Was asked to come in for a second interview with directors.

Interview Question – What are your future goals   Answer Question

Intern, Opinion Research Interview

Intern, Opinion Research
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had a 15-min phone interview first, answering some questions relating to my experience. The second round is a group interview and I met with two internship coordinators and one manager from research team. They were interested in how I can fit in the position

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at APCO?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via university recruiting website in June to receive a phone interview in early August. The phone interview was informative than interrogatory - basic questions involving my experiences in both college and previous internships. Two days later, I was interviewed at their office with four intern coordinators. The in-person interview was comprehensive - going into nook and cranny of my resume.

Interview Question – What was the most helpful "needs for improvement" comment your former supervisor has told you?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long, but that's not uncommon from my experience. I met with many different employees, 6 on the actual team I'd be working for (junior, senior, and exec level), 2 execs, and HR. There was a writing test, which is also standard for the industry - it was challenging but enjoyable to do, which is how I knew I would like the job. The people I met with were very warm and sociable, and had a great reparte with one another. I could definitely sense the congenial environment that was described.

Interview Question – What made you want to pursue a career in Communications?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in May 2011.

Interview Details – Found the internship through browsing the web, and felt I had the qualifications to apply to APCO. Initial online application required answering standard questions (why APCO) that sort of thing, as well as writing a pretend op-ed to test writing skills. Then I was moved on to a phone interview with the same sort of standard questions (what publications do you read? give examples of your strengths). I had to wait a few days after the initial phone interview to be moved on to a second one, where it was a bit more about personality traits (what do you do in your free time). A day or two after that I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – What sort of publications do you read daily?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at APCO Worldwide

Worked for APCO Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!