APCO Worldwide

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Applied online, contacted by email for a phone interview within the week, then received another email asking for a follow up interview in DC two days later. Met with two team members and received an email asking for a quick call. Received an offer over the phone a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult, very informational, just have questions ready to ask.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at APCO Worldwide in June 2014.

I applied online, had a phone interview, then was brought in for an interview with six different people of varying levels. One of the senior decision makers was out of town so I was unable to meet with them since I was an out of state candidate.

The next day I was asked to progress to a writing test and was told they would get back to me soon with next steps. Finally heard back after emailing for an update a week later that they had gone with another candidate.

Project Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Arduous process, interviewed with 9 people over 3 rounds, plus a writing test. I was given the offer the day after my final round, but I know some people wait weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite social media platform, and how would you use it to create a strategy for X client   Answer Question
    There's a little wiggle room, but not much. If they say they can't offer you a higher base salary, ask for a signing bonus.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at APCO Worldwide.

I applied through an online listing and the process took approximately 4-6 weeks. I was called in for two separate interviews. The interviews are fairly simple and straightforward if you do the necessary prepwork for the beforehand--no really out of the blue questions that I can recall. The first round of interviews consisted of multiple group interviews with potential supervisors and teammates, as well as a brief overview of the company and position with a staff member from HR. The second round of interviews was another group and I was then given a skills assessment test—fairly straightforward if you know your stuff. I was kept abreast of the process through HR, which really seemed on top of everything, and was offered the position about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    I personally didn't negotiate because they offered me a killer benefits package and great work environment, which was worth far more to me than the money, but I'm sure there would have been some wiggle room had I asked.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at APCO Worldwide in July 2013.

Phone interview was very easy. Went through the resume. Asked to talk about how your experience and skills fit the position. And couple of days later they would get their email for 1:1 interview. But someone told me they got group interview. It really depends.

go through their website before the interview. Because you would get more credits if you really know their company and understand their culture.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Had a phone interview with one of the intern coordinators. very casual conversation about past experience and my interest. was invited to an in-person interview to meet with another intern coordinator and staff of a team I applied to.

Interview Questions
    • please tell us a moment when you were proactive in your past professional experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Applied online and got a call in 2 days. Had a 20 minutes phone interview, basically answering some questions relating to my job experiences. Was asked to come in for a second interview with directors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at APCO Worldwide in August 2012.

I applied via university recruiting website in June to receive a phone interview in early August. The phone interview was informative than interrogatory - basic questions involving my experiences in both college and previous internships. Two days later, I was interviewed at their office with four intern coordinators. The in-person interview was comprehensive - going into nook and cranny of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most helpful "needs for improvement" comment your former supervisor has told you?   View Answer

Intern, Opinion Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at APCO Worldwide in August 2012.

Applied online. Had a 15-min phone interview first, answering some questions relating to my experience. The second round is a group interview and I met with two internship coordinators and one manager from research team. They were interested in how I can fit in the position

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at APCO Worldwide in February 2012.

The interview process was long, but that's not uncommon from my experience. I met with many different employees, 6 on the actual team I'd be working for (junior, senior, and exec level), 2 execs, and HR. There was a writing test, which is also standard for the industry - it was challenging but enjoyable to do, which is how I knew I would like the job. The people I met with were very warm and sociable, and had a great reparte with one another. I could definitely sense the congenial environment that was described.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to pursue a career in Communications?   Answer Question