APCO Worldwide

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview Details – Arduous process, interviewed with 9 people over 3 rounds, plus a writing test. I was given the offer the day after my final round, but I know some people wait weeks to hear back.

Interview Question – What's your favorite social media platform, and how would you use it to create a strategy for X client   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's a little wiggle room, but not much. If they say they can't offer you a higher base salary, ask for a signing bonus.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in May 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews which seemed a little pointless- could have met with all relevant staff in one meeting rather than spreading them out- seemed poorly organized. I was kept waiting for staff to show up which made me feel unimportant to them. Not a great first impression
Writing tests understandable.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary- this is what we're offering and this is when you start..... this should have been a red flag.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long, but that's not uncommon from my experience. I met with many different employees, 6 on the actual team I'd be working for (junior, senior, and exec level), 2 execs, and HR. There was a writing test, which is also standard for the industry - it was challenging but enjoyable to do, which is how I knew I would like the job. The people I met with were very warm and sociable, and had a great reparte with one another. I could definitely sense the congenial environment that was described.

Interview Question – What made you want to pursue a career in Communications?   Answer Question

Project Assistant

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at APCO Worldwide in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had a short phone interview one day. Went over my resume with the hiring manager. She was more interested in the parts of the resume that I felt weren't important for the job, and had no interested when I tried to bring up my experiences that were applicable to the position. She had a pretty negative outlook from the beginning, which caught me off guard. I was originally really interested in the position and APCO in general, but after the interview I lost all interest.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in APCO.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at APCO Worldwide

Worked for APCO Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!