API Technologies

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at API Technologies.

I meet the HR personnel at college job fair. I hand them my resume and told a little about myself. About 3 weeks later I was brought in for the first interview with the HR manager at the company site because I was local. I filled out the application and was asked questions for about 30 minutes. I was later asked to meet my future engineering manager and GM. They discuss my background and how it related to the project they were asking me to take part in. I was made and offer about 6 weeks later!

Full-time Professional Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at API Technologies.

I submitted my resume via email. Received a phone call from the Human Resources, who did a very thorough pre-screen. Was asked to attend an on-site interview with the Human Resources and the hiring manager. Interviews were thorough and detailed. Provided good information about the position and the company. References were contacted and then an offer was made by Human Resources over the phone. Accepted the job and coordinated a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions - How would you handle this aspect of a manufacturing facility? How would you deal with a difficult manager/employee, etc.?   Answer Question
    Initial offer, including time off, was fair so did not negotiate.

Assembler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at API Technologies in March 2014.

was promised a full time postion after 3 months of work . needless to say never hired on even after I stayed over 5 months. durring the two months i presused "job bidding" but when it came down to it hr didnt even know my name...

Interview Questions
    • this does not matter because it was a formal sit down to be lied too   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at API Technologies.

I applied for the marketing position and within a week was called for a brief phone interview by an HR representative. They asked me simple questions related to my past experience, my entire to work for API, and my salary requirements. WIthin 3-4 days I was requested to come in for an in-person interview with the department's marketing/sales manager. The interview lasted approximately an hour and was mostly an open discussion revolved around my experience, the breadth and depth of marketing and graphic design background that I had, the industries that I had previously worked in, and a review of my portfolio that I provided. I was not shown the office area or the cubicle where I would be working. I was not introduced to anyone. I was also not shown any part of the building. The interview was done in the manager's office and was not very formal.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "trick questions" per say, but with most positions in API - you will need to represent your past history and knowledge in your field of work, the software that you will be using, and the quality of your work. Be prepared to show this in the form of a portfolio or website. Also be sure to review the website before the interview and know which division you are applying to work for. There are several different divisions within API, and they each have their own websites.   Answer Question
    I was given what I requested for salary - which was the salary of my previous marketing position.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at API Technologies.

I applied from the my school career website and got a reply next day from HR manager. The phone interview was schooled with in week with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty causal just some technical interview question were asked about transmission lines and filters. The interview was with three people the hiring manager, design engineer from electrical engineer and design engineer from mechanical engineering. All the people were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • All the question asked pretty casual. They were really looking for some one who is interested in the work.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at API Technologies in June 2012.

quick and not well planned. Was not informed of manager being out for extend amount of time a week after my start date prior to acceptance

no negotiations