APL Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at APL Logistics.

Very comprehensive and positive throughout the process. Enjoy the interview process and felt that upper management was very respectful and positive. They did an excellent job of communicating their culture, which is team oriented and participatory.

Excellent. They met my expectations.

QC Techain Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at APL Logistics.

There is no interview process. You have to go through a temp. service for at least 3 months before you began the hiring process. You can not miss any days, those are tacked on to the end of the 90 days. They will most of the time add 1 week for 1 day missed during the 90 days with the temp service.

Interview Questions
    • You have to list 7 years employment giving the exact month day and year   Answer Question

Senior Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at APL Logistics in January 2012.

Behavioral questions.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at APL Logistics in September 2009.

Was easy overall, Manager didn't seem to like me.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging part at your last job?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at APL Logistics in April 2008.

The hiring process consisted of a 1:1 initially, a panel interview 2 weeks later, and 4 1:1 with director level employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question

Operations Excellence Manager for Indonesia Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at APL Logistics in December 2011.

Candidates are usually referred from insiders. HR do search from head hunters. CVs are collected and filtered to come up with at least top ten of the candidates. Interview is quick especially if you have at least 10 years of service for this position. Interview starts with Operations, then HR and finally with Senior Management team. If successful, you are called back by HR for the discussion of your package, time you can join-in and other formalities. You are then scheduled for a medical exam for the last phase.

Interview Questions
    • How can you make a difference in PT APL Logistics, Indonesia. How can you grow it to become a benchmark 3PL company in Asia.   View Answer

Logistics Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at APL Logistics in May 2011.

I had applied for the position with APL Logistics through their website. Within two weeks of submitting my application, I was contacted by Transportation Manager who stated that he was interested conducting an in - person interview to further discuss my qualifications. The week after, I had met with both the Manager and Director of this specific APL Division for the panel interview. Upon arrival, I was ushered into a small conference room where I was introduced to the above - mentioned individuals who then proceeded to advise me that a Human Resources Personnel from their Chicago office would also be present (phone conferenced) during the panel interview and that the interview itself would only consist of a series of behavioral questions.

As mentioned, the interviewers (the ones that were physically present) proceeded to ask a series of scripted behavioral questions from their several sheets of paper. Between the two of them, they had twenty sheets of paper from which they took their cue's. As they inquired and as I responded to each question, they would jot their notes in one of the six boxes below the question on that sheet of paper. The entirety of the interview consisted of "What would you do?' and "How did you handle this...?" types of questions. Not once did they touch on my professional experience nor did they care how my qualification would fit into the position. Of course, I had to be the one to incorporate my experience and qualifications into the interview. Though, I would say it was possible that they had to follow a certain protocol as dictated by upper management with regards to how they could conduct the interview. This, making it impossible for them to deviate from the
    scripted questions in any way.

In all, I would rate my interview with APL Logistics as neutral. Nothing great nor horrific. Though, in my opinion, the Human Resource Personnel from Chicago was unneccesary and served no purpose during the interview as she had absolutely nothing to add to the discussion. Also, I can certainly understand and appreciate that behavioral questions are an important factor when interviewing a candidate. Afterall, you would want to know if that individual is fit to be employed with your organization. But on the other hand, reviewing and discussing the candidates past experience and qualifications should also be apart of the interview as that was the reason why you established contact with the candidate in the first
    place.

Interview Questions
    • How were you able to maintain relevant and up to date knowledge with regards to your company, job, or industry?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at APL Logistics in September 2010.

3 interviews with presentation with HR, Manager and Director

Interview Questions
    Know your value and don't accept anything less.

Logistics Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at APL Logistics in May 2010.

Most of my interviews were resume based. Very focused on some of the project experiences, benefit quantification, problem statement, approach, etc. Senior people from other business functions also interviewed me. In general, I enjoyed the conversations and the company culture. Communication with HR was a bit spotty - maybe since the HR function was going thru a location transition.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most complex project from standpoint of managing a customer?   Answer Question

Sales-related Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at APL Logistics in January 2010.

The overall process seemed disjointed, at best. The manager and an HR representative were present and neither set forth any outline for the conversation. I was especially surprised the HR representative did not establish the reason for her presence. Both seemed inexperienced with the process.