APM Terminals Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

2.7

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at APM Terminals.

Straight forward process. Asked about prior work history. Strengths and weaknesses. Process now has gotten a bit more involved with panel interviews with directors and manager level. Usually a few rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected. Interviewed seven years ago so process has changed slightly.   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at APM Terminals.

Received call for current operations manger to schedule phone interview. I called into the interview and immediately he got down to business. No introduction, no causal chat like most interviews, no tell me about yourself, no anything! He began to tell me EVERY NEGATIVE aspect of the job and that this job is nothing like the description. He told me that the days are very long, sometimes up to 15 hours. You are outside 90% off the time under a crane directing movements. He advised that that the last "college degree" person quit on him after two years so he may be reluctant to hire another. He was rude and at the end of the interview told me to "try APM Terminals in Portsmouth, Va. They are more white collar than us" Needless to say, I had nothing to ask/say after that.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be ok with telling someone the age of your father what to do?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you and you're just like the person I fired?   Answer Question

Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at APM Terminals in April 2013.

First step- IQ test, skill test and PT
    Second step- PI
    Third step - HR

GM - Transportation Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 12 months - interviewed at APM Terminals in March 2010.

Contacted by a Recruitment Consultant, the LIPI tests, discussions & interviews went on for over 18 months, for various roles & locations, as per the organizational priorities from time to time. Ultimately the role of GM-Transportation Business was decided on.

Interview Questions
    • How good you are in handling organizational politics ?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager-Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Uran (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Uran (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at APM Terminals in May 2013.

Profiling test which involved MCQ test ( 50 questions in 12 minutes) and personality test

Assistant Manager - Customer Service Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at APM Terminals.

Aptitude Test having 50 questions and 12 minutes to solve. It contains general maths, reasoning and common English language questions. Time is only constraint in this.

Followed by an psychometric test for person.oo

Then one or two round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • It was a detailed interview and discussion on export import process.

My understanding of export procedures and dealing with various Government and non-government agencies related to export helped me in interview.
        Answer Question

Accounts Payable Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at APM Terminals in October 2011.

After applying online, they called after about 3 days to schedule for the aptitude test and personality test. After the test they called ,within an hour, to schedule for the next set of aptitude tests which are more or less similar to the first ones. I then went for the 1:1 interview with the HR and the Senior accountant. I received a call after about 1-2 hours saying they had found an internal member of staff to fill the position which made me wonder if the whole process had been a sham. the interview was mainly situational based.

Interview Questions
    • How do we know that you won't quit after 6 months?   View Answer
    • Have you ever worked in such a big company before?   Answer Question

AOM Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at APM Terminals in March 2007.

3 rounds of interviews in one day. Had to take a battery of tests. They got back to me in 2 weeks with an offer

Interview Questions
    • What do you think an employer owes you   View Answer
    didn't attempt to negotiate. I liked the offer

Worked for APM Terminals? Contribute to the Community!