AQR Capital Management

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.4

Developer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AQR Capital Management.

Questions were fair but were directly off of an interview book like what is the difference between a Dictionary and Hashtable so definitely memorize the useless c# interview questions and answers. Some initial people who interviewed me were great, very sincere, and I would be really happy to work with them. Then the senior people came to interview and they were constantly texting on their cell phones and asking questions when I paused not listening to my answers and occasionally saying uh-huh. I grew up in the US and I don't have any accent so I don't think there is a chance they didn't understand me. I had a little fun with them by telling them about my Disney vacation as an answer to one of the technical questions just to see if they notice and they just nodded uh-huh, uh-huh. I decided that if they don't have respect for me taking a personal day to talk to them due to THEIR invitation then I can better spend my personal day with people that enjoy my company. I asked the secretary if I could leave and didn't continue the interview process.

Gss Quantitative Research Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AQR Capital Management in October 2014.

Applied online to quatitative researcher and developer position. Got a very prompt reply which was amazing. Went though one HR phone screen which just asked about the background. Next round was coding and Math test.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithm questions as me not having any algorithms background.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through the on campus career center, and received my interview. I don't have much to say about the recruiting process in general because of this reason. I am sure others would have different routes to applying to AQR Capital Management.

Global Asset Allocation Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AQR Capital Management in September 2014.

talked for 5 minutes for phone screen.

interviewer said he needs to double check with the hiring manager to make sure if it is the right educational background since I'm pursuing the part-time master program.

Fosd Junior Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AQR Capital Management in September 2014.

On campus interview. 30 minutes. The interviewer was very rude, walking out several times during the interview process. He asked several follow up questions on my work, but these were only vaguely related to what I did, and much more related to his work. While I cannot speak for the entire company, my experience with this employee was my most negative to date..

Interview Questions
    • Design an algorithm to find the largest palindrome in a given string.   Answer Question

Global Stock Selection Researcher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AQR Capital Management.

I cant disclose much of the interview process as its catered to each candidate. This place is unlike any cookie cutter shops that they hand in a interview sheet or questions or programming test at least not at the mid- senior level. At entry level, it is a different story.

None

Risk Management IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AQR Capital Management in September 2013.

HR emailed me saying we might have a potential fit, but didn't tell me which exact position are they considering me for, even after specifically asking. They asked me for time slots, and once I provided that(thinking they might answer my questions after HR screening), they don't bother to confirm the interview timings, nor did they bother to tell me whether its a HR interview or with the Hiring Manager. The Hiring manger ends up calling me during one of the time slots provided, and I wasn't expecting that. The Hiring manager tells me that this is the position you are being considered for(during the interview) and right away starts with the interview questions. I think this was very unprofessional on the part of HR.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AQR Capital Management.

Interview was on the phone, the communication of interviewer was not very clear. I have the impression that the interviewer may be looking at questions while asking questions but was not realizing that interviewee can't see the questions.
    The questions were simple and face to face may be a better alternative.

Research Analyst Interview

On campus interview. Just got into first round. Long time ago. Don't remember. Some practical questions about basic statistics. Did not answer well.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AQR Capital Management in October 2012.

Had a full day of in person interviews with senior managers at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't get any difficult/technical questions. Most questions were fit focused.   Answer Question