AQR Capital Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

3.4

Global Stock Selection Researcher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AQR Capital Management.

I cant disclose much of the interview process as its catered to each candidate. This place is unlike any cookie cutter shops that they hand in a interview sheet or questions or programming test at least not at the mid- senior level. At entry level, it is a different story.

None

Risk Management IT Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AQR Capital Management in September 2013.

HR emailed me saying we might have a potential fit, but didn't tell me which exact position are they considering me for, even after specifically asking. They asked me for time slots, and once I provided that(thinking they might answer my questions after HR screening), they don't bother to confirm the interview timings, nor did they bother to tell me whether its a HR interview or with the Hiring Manager. The Hiring manger ends up calling me during one of the time slots provided, and I wasn't expecting that. The Hiring manager tells me that this is the position you are being considered for(during the interview) and right away starts with the interview questions. I think this was very unprofessional on the part of HR.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AQR Capital Management.

Interview was on the phone, the communication of interviewer was not very clear. I have the impression that the interviewer may be looking at questions while asking questions but was not realizing that interviewee can't see the questions.
    The questions were simple and face to face may be a better alternative.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AQR Capital Management in October 2012.

Had a full day of in person interviews with senior managers at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't get any difficult/technical questions. Most questions were fit focused.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

On campus interview. Just got into first round. Long time ago. Don't remember. Some practical questions about basic statistics. Did not answer well.

Quantitative Research Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at AQR Capital Management in September 2011.

technical part no enough; the recruiting people in the firm care too much whether you graduate from IVY or not

no negotiation

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AQR Capital Management in April 2009.

I was invited to their New York office. It is a small and cozy place, about 100+ people. It was a full day interview, and they provided lunch. The questions were very hard, and I do not think anybody can get them all correct.

Interview Questions

Worked for AQR Capital Management? Contribute to the Community!