ARAMARK Cook Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denali Park, AK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denali Park, AK

I applied online - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

Aramark is unethical in their job interviewing. They are so unorganized that they allow prospective employees to fly all the way to Alaska only to be told that they don't have a job due to their background check. They should tell these employees BEFORE they fly there that they weren't accepted for employment.

Other Interview Reviews for ARAMARK

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2010.

I found out about the company when I was in culinary school. I researched the company and all the things they were involved in. I used that in the interview and they were impressed that I took the time to learned about the company.

Interview Questions
    • what qualification can I bring to the company and what do I expect out of the company?   View Answer
    It was tough but I included all my experiences that I had and I started higher than what they were oppering until I got a fair price in the middle of what they were offering and what I wanted. I cheated myself a little but I was still in school and had not graduated yet, so it was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2008.

Work as temporary to show what I was capable of. Once they saw that I was competent, they decided to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • The deciding question between the two managers was, "Do you like Star Wars or Star Trek?", because the F&B Manager like Trek and the Exec. Chef liked Wars. I needed to give the answer the Chef wanted.   View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in August 2010.

After filling out an application it took over two months for a call. After receiving the job I immediately offered the job, I was just told to come and they gave me an overview of the job and ask me if I could handle it and I said yes.

Interview Questions
    negotiating is definitely open, but my starting pay was actually higher than I thought so I was satisfied.

Cook Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in February 2009.

I received a call from one of the managers on a Sunday night, I came in to interview the next day. I was dressed in casual wear because the manager seemed to indicate to me over the phone that they needed workers and that I had pretty much gotten the job. The interview was easy, the manager only asked a couple of questions before he informed me that I got the job.

Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in November 2009.

I called, came in for an interview; they liked my experience and needed me for an unusual part time shift, so I was hired once I passed a background check.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't think of any, but I've been cooking for most of my life.   Answer Question
    They wanted to pay a lower wage; I went as low as I could go and they went as high they were allowed to pay. If they want you in corporate they can only offer as much as they are allowed; if an individual owner or powerful general manager wants you, you can usually cut a more unusual deal.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!