ARAMARK Cook Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

2.3

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview

very professional interview process. I felt very comfortable being questioned by a very friendly chef named Shawn. He never talked down to me or made me feel stupid. (even when I answered wrong) he simply said well, how about this answer...

Interview Questions

• a lot of measurement questions. for example how many quarts in a gallon etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

with no educational background I started at minimum wage. but it wasn't long before I was promoted and my salary was increased significantly.

Other Interview Reviews for ARAMARK

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ARAMARK (Denali Park, AK) in May 2014.

Interview

Aramark is unethical in their job interviewing. They are so unorganized that they allow prospective employees to fly all the way to Alaska only to be told that they don't have a job due to their background check. They should tell these employees BEFORE they fly there that they weren't accepted for employment.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

After filling out an application it took over two months for a call. After receiving the job I immediately offered the job, I was just told to come and they gave me an overview of the job and ask me if I could handle it and I said yes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiating is definitely open, but my starting pay was actually higher than I thought so I was satisfied.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK (McKinney, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I found out about the company when I was in culinary school. I researched the company and all the things they were involved in. I used that in the interview and they were impressed that I took the time to learned about the company.

Interview Questions

• what qualification can I bring to the company and what do I expect out of the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was tough but I included all my experiences that I had and I started higher than what they were oppering until I got a fair price in the middle of what they were offering and what I wanted. I cheated myself a little but I was still in school and had not graduated yet, so it was fair.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK (San Diego, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Work as temporary to show what I was capable of. Once they saw that I was competent, they decided to hire me.

Interview Questions

• The deciding question between the two managers was, "Do you like Star Wars or Star Trek?", because the F&B Manager like Trek and the Exec. Chef liked Wars. I needed to give the answer the Chef wanted.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK in November 2009.

Interview

I called, came in for an interview; they liked my experience and needed me for an unusual part time shift, so I was hired once I passed a background check.

Interview Questions

• I really can't think of any, but I've been cooking for most of my life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They wanted to pay a lower wage; I went as low as I could go and they went as high they were allowed to pay. If they want you in corporate they can only offer as much as they are allowed; if an individual owner or powerful general manager wants you, you can usually cut a more unusual deal.

Cook Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK in February 2009.

Interview

I received a call from one of the managers on a Sunday night, I came in to interview the next day. I was dressed in casual wear because the manager seemed to indicate to me over the phone that they needed workers and that I had pretty much gotten the job. The interview was easy, the manager only asked a couple of questions before he informed me that I got the job.