ARAMARK

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denali Park, AK

I applied online - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

Interview Details – Aramark is unethical in their job interviewing. They are so unorganized that they allow prospective employees to fly all the way to Alaska only to be told that they don't have a job due to their background check. They should tell these employees BEFORE they fly there that they weren't accepted for employment.

Interview Question – Can you drive a vehicle?   Answer Question

McKinney, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2010.

Interview Details – I found out about the company when I was in culinary school. I researched the company and all the things they were involved in. I used that in the interview and they were impressed that I took the time to learned about the company.

Interview Question – what qualification can I bring to the company and what do I expect out of the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was tough but I included all my experiences that I had and I started higher than what they were oppering until I got a fair price in the middle of what they were offering and what I wanted. I cheated myself a little but I was still in school and had not graduated yet, so it was fair.

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2008.

Interview Details – Work as temporary to show what I was capable of. Once they saw that I was competent, they decided to hire me.

Interview Question – The deciding question between the two managers was, "Do you like Star Wars or Star Trek?", because the F&B Manager like Trek and the Exec. Chef liked Wars. I needed to give the answer the Chef wanted.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in August 2010.

Interview Details – After filling out an application it took over two months for a call. After receiving the job I immediately offered the job, I was just told to come and they gave me an overview of the job and ask me if I could handle it and I said yes.

Interview Question – can you handle job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiating is definitely open, but my starting pay was actually higher than I thought so I was satisfied.

Cook

The process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in February 2009.

Interview Details – I received a call from one of the managers on a Sunday night, I came in to interview the next day. I was dressed in casual wear because the manager seemed to indicate to me over the phone that they needed workers and that I had pretty much gotten the job. The interview was easy, the manager only asked a couple of questions before he informed me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Cook

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in November 2009.

Interview Details – I called, came in for an interview; they liked my experience and needed me for an unusual part time shift, so I was hired once I passed a background check.

Interview Question – I really can't think of any, but I've been cooking for most of my life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wanted to pay a lower wage; I went as low as I could go and they went as high they were allowed to pay. If they want you in corporate they can only offer as much as they are allowed; if an individual owner or powerful general manager wants you, you can usually cut a more unusual deal.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ARAMARK

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK Cook interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees and interview candidates.