ARAMARK

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK in August 2013.

one to two interview process. personality test and questions about experience. Background and drug test. 4 day orientation

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer in the position that others may not   Answer Question

Dietetic Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK in May 2013.

Skype interview, asked lots of situational-type questions, very nice interviewers. Quick turnaround time as far as hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to build rapport with someone.   Answer Question
    The only negotiation was the location of where I would be interning. I got my first choice.

DM TRAINEE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2011.

Responded to open call that was posted on both CareerBuilder and Craigslist. About 30 people had responded to the ad, only about 5-9 were professionally attired, myself included (I wore a skirt suit). Others were in jeans. I felt a bit worried that I was the only female applicant in the room, but remained confident. Nice location, snacks and beverages were provided while we waited and filled out a large paperwork packet in a lunchroom setting. Sat next to a nice gentlemen who had a brother working for the company. He was getting some special treatment, and everyone in the room knew he was an "automatic in" for one of the jobs as other employees were greeting him and giving him little tours. I felt happy for him though, he seemed like a nice guy and wished me luck and told me he thought I had a good chance since his brother said they really were short staffed and had a lot of positions to fill. After turning in the large packet they had us fill out along with a hard copy of my resume, my name was called and led back to have a 1:1 in a private office. We discussed my degree, education, travel, and previous work. Told I was being placed in the "yes" category and should be getting a call within the next two days for the next step.

Of course, by the next week no call ever came. Nor the next month, or the next month. Not sure what went wrong - I did notice there weren't many women working there so perhaps I didn't make it into the "Boy's Club". Too bad, I was very hopeful and excited about the opportunity, and had both experience in both the medical and educational fields in which they do a lot of business at this location, and I had been responsible for ordering two of their biggest uniform brands in my past jobs (Crest and Gall's) so I was familiar with their product line. I really felt I had a lot to bring to the table, but alas....

If you interview with Aramark in Dallas expect a pleasant experience. However don't get too hopeful (double that if you're female!), they are very hospitable but don't stay in contact. A rejection notice (even an email generated one) would have been welcomed - I gave up another opportunity because I was led to believe they were genuinely interested and expected them to call me within the next day or so to come back in as promised. Hopefully they will get their HR issues sorted out, because they really did look like a great company to work for if you can get in through the door.

Interview Questions
    • What parts of the company would you not be willing to work for?   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK in May 2010.

I found out about the company when I was in culinary school. I researched the company and all the things they were involved in. I used that in the interview and they were impressed that I took the time to learned about the company.

Interview Questions
    • what qualification can I bring to the company and what do I expect out of the company?   View Answer
    It was tough but I included all my experiences that I had and I started higher than what they were oppering until I got a fair price in the middle of what they were offering and what I wanted. I cheated myself a little but I was still in school and had not graduated yet, so it was fair.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK in February 2010.

The interview process was pretty basic. you get a phone call and sit for the interview. It was a 2 on 1 interview and they asked really basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • there was not a difficult question during the interview   Answer Question