ARAMARK Food Service Director Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.4

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR to review resume, experience, and expectations. Next, emailed by the district manager to meet up the following week. Did not get back to me with a time and location until the day of the interview and I had to determine the place. Interview was very relaxed. Discussed the position details and what the client was looking for, my experience, and why I was interested in the position. Received very positive feedback about my specific qualities that made me a great candidate. Received a call and email a couple weeks later for second interview to meet with the client. Met the district manager and person in the position prior to the interview and discussed key points to mention. Interviewed with district manager, another employee that would work closely with, and 2 employees from the client. Was asked to review my experience and some specific questions regarding the position. Following the interview, met informally with the Aramark employees and discussed working conditions, people I'd be working with, and more specific details of the job. Again, received very positive feedback and basically felt like I was getting the position. Told I would hear next week, pushed back to the following week. Emailed by HR and told that they offered someone else the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history. Why are you interested in the position? How many people have you managed/supervised?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ARAMARK

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview

It was too long ago to remember. I met the guy offsite at a coffee shop. We had conversation about how tough the environment is. Overall liked the interview process. The Interview as very Professional.

Negotiation

negotiated salary a bit

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

Interview

Had a phone screening then an on site interview with the gm another phone screening and then an interview with the dm. And finally another phone interview with hr. Whole process took about a month. Both interviews were relaxed and pretty standard questions were asked. They both stressed the atmosphere and nature of the job and asked more than once if I was sure I would be able to handle the job.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions based on prior job experience. Second interview was more informal and we just talked about situations and how to over come them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the interview they asked what I was looking for I told them and that's what they offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARAMARK (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with 5 different people over the course of 4 weeks from the General Manager, to the District Manager, Senior District Manager and then the local client and then the main client. Interviews were first done on the telephone, then in person and on one occasion via video conference. The whole interview process lasted about 4-6 weeks due to clients and future colleagues schedules.

Interview Questions

• variety of questions from financial to HR to how I would handle a variety of situations. Being able to give true life situations allowed me to show my true belief in myself and how I apply myself to a variety of situations. Its also a good idea to research both the firm and client prior to the interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Baltimore, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

The biggest problem is getting anyone to contact you once you have posted for a position

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when" is what comes to mind   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Las Cruces, NM) in March 2008.

Interview

My interview consisted of meeting with a Food Service Director and talking to him informally for about 30 minutes. He got a feel for my background and character and was pleased. Next, I was contacted by a DM and RGM discussing the position and asking me a few questions. Each call lasted maybe 15 minutes. A month later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my education.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARAMARK in September 2010.

Interview

Inital interview several weeks after applying on line. Inital interview with an Aramark recuiter via phone. Next spoke with district manager then another director via phone. Went for onsite interview where director from another unit and two supervisory employees did a behavioral interview. If one of the individuals does not like you the outcome will not be good.The interview seemed to go well but I question the validity of a behavior interview. With the staff interviewing you they get decide if they want you as a boss. Not a good process.

Interview Questions

• Descibe an ethical situation, problem you have confronted in your current job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a work situation when you disapointed you boss?   Answer Question

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARAMARK in August 2010.

Interview

the interview process was very pleasant. started out with a phone call and 3 weeks later an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you weakness's   1 Answer
    • how long do you plan on staying with your next job   1 Answer