ARAMARK Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.5

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview a week later. In Person interview was the most intense I've ever had. 6 higher ups sat in and asked me non-stop questions about literally everything.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain in detail the finances of the current restaurant I'm at.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Rockford, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy. My former boss just had me fill out an application. No questions were asked. I later found out that he really didn't care about who he hired because he was in the process of already getting another job.

Banquet Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview

I applied it thru my college, and it took me one day to get their reply. There was nothing special about the interview. There were two interviewers. Most of the questions they asked were about my previous jobs, strengths,weaknesses, scenario questions etc. BUT they did answer some weird questions or questions that are not very related to the job like "Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write". Quite difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was very lengthy. You will meet about 6 different people. They will grill you in-depth as to what you have done, what are your first things you will do in your first 90 days. Questions are all repeated by everyone and what you think you know they will tell you that you are wrong.

EVS Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Birmingham, AL) in May 2014.

Interview

Being one of the workers in which they hold the contract with I was little surprised when they low balled the hiring salary offer I withheld for a little more, but they set the precedent for me. Get the experience then move to company that values me.

Food Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARAMARK (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with 5 different people over the course of 4 weeks from the General Manager, to the District Manager, Senior District Manager and then the local client and then the main client. Interviews were first done on the telephone, then in person and on one occasion via video conference. The whole interview process lasted about 4-6 weeks due to clients and future colleagues schedules.

Interview Questions

• variety of questions from financial to HR to how I would handle a variety of situations. Being able to give true life situations allowed me to show my true belief in myself and how I apply myself to a variety of situations. Its also a good idea to research both the firm and client prior to the interview   1 Answer

Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Aramark.com, went on to a phone screen with corporate out of Philadelphia, then scheduled first interview with senior leadership, HR, then went on to district manager for approval and finally on to the client for their blessing. All in all about a month long process. Great opportunity with an amazing company,

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my campus career center and was supposed to have an interview on campus. Instead, they emailed me saying I had been selected for a phone interview. The phone interview went well (I had been working 6 months at my first job out of college since graduating in 2014 so I had OTJ experience a lot of others didn't). After about a week I received an email saying I'd been selected to attend the final interview round. They fly you out to Philadelphia and put you up in a hotel, all on their dime. There were two sessions of interviews, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I went in the afternoon. They bring you into a ballroom, provide lunch, and then make a presentation about what the program entails that addresses a lot of the questions typically asked. After that, they have a couple formal/still A2Ler's speak about their experiences and then open the floor up to questions. Once finished, everyone break's up and you have 2 interviews with sets of 2 professionals. Pretty straight forward, they asked STAR based questions and look for specific examples. Be sure to brush up on these. After the interview, I received a call back within 2 weeks with an offer in the location and line of business I asked for as well. Offer was generous and non negotiable. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Out of everything on your resume, what was your most proud accomplishment?   Answer Question

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ARAMARK (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Participated in an on campus interview with a campus recruiter which was short and brief, much like a screening. After this step, I was advanced to the second round and flown to my desired geographic location where I was participated in two rounds of interviews with separate panels of 2-3 managers and directors of the various lines of business. I was only in this location overnight to participate in the interview. After this, I waited for a call back for a few months.

A2L Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

Interview

I met the representatives at the Career Fair at my university, and after speaking with them I got a first round interview on campus the next day. About 3 weeks later I got invited to Philadelphia for the final round interviews. They put us in a hotel outside of the airport, where the interviews were taking place. Two interviews with two interviewers each. The experience was very rewarding and positive. Questions were mostly situational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a company policy didn't work, and you did something about it.   1 Answer

I was placed in a small town in Georgia, but I had just relocated to NY so I couldn't relocate again.