ARAMARK

2.5

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

I applied at a starbucks on asu campus and it took two weeks before I heard back. Was called and interview was incredibly easy. Asked three questions and hired me, but I did have experience. No drug tests were required. Started work about two weeks after my interview where I had been hired on the spot. The overall experience was very good. I was really nervous but they did not hold it against me.

Interview Questions
    • What were your responsibilities at your previous job   View Answer
    I did not negotiate

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK in February 2015.

I applied through campus recruiting for this position. I had two interviewers who seemed very interested in what I had to say. They asked very behavioral questions, with a lot of questions about my resume and experiences. Also, make sure you have an idea of what industry and location you are interested in, they can't continue the interview until you decide on the industry and location.

Starbucks Barista Interview

alication online, then they called me in and interviewed me, and gave me offer at the end of the interview, and kind of let me pick where i wanted to work

Banquet Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ARAMARK.

The interview process was very basic. I applied in-person, then received a phone call a week later, and scheduled a face-to-face interview. The process was very smooth, and the people were very friendly. I would highly recommend applying to this company. They are a part of a union, and once in the company, you can gain opportunities of advancement.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? Do you have previous experience? Do you have a current food handler's permit? Can you work holidays, and lift up to 35 pounds?   Answer Question
    They offered a base pay, plus tips.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in December 2014.

My past interviewing process reflected of the recruiter wanting to use Skype than an in-person traditional way regardless of being local or not. Standard routine style format of questioning pertaining to the job ensued. Nothing tricky but rather casual in conversation. Overall, a good experience but prefer the traditional way of being interviewed for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any restrictions of relocation for this program?   View Answer

EHS- Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK.

The interview was very formal and lasted a few hours. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. However, the individuals interviewing me kept on referring to information the HR department should have provided me with (which I never received). The job description posted on the company's website was not descriptive on what they were looking for which led to a disadvantage. They also asked personal questions (favorite food to cook, etc.) based on the direction the conversation was headed.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself working in the consulting industry?   View Answer

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I applied through my school's career center and was selected for a first round interview by an HR person in the area. This first interview was probably the most casual I have had for any hospitality management training program. We just talked about Aramark and went through my resume.

A week or two later I received an email from headquarters about final round interviews in Philadelphia (flight/hotel/breakfast included). They explained that they were interviewing a total of 600 students over 9 days (3 days per week, 3 weeks). I believe they said they take about 400 students a year, ~100 of which were previous internship participants. A friend who interned with Aramark was offered a position without interviewing.

They provided schedules for each candidate, who was to have 2 30 minute interviews with 2 people during each session. The interviews were pretty standard "tell me about a time when..." They also ask what business segment you want to be in and if you have any location preferences. BE HONEST. They want you to be open to relocation, but will take into account preferences if you are a strong candidate.

I heard back with an offer after Thanksgiving (I interviewed in late October, so it did take a while). I was offered a fairly local (to my college) placement (which was one of my location preferences, though I was open to some relocation) and a higher salary than expected for the hospitality industry, so I am taking their offer. The people at College Relations seem like they really want to help and are available for any questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for the A2L program, but I was happy with my offer. Good salary, lots of benefits options, included a relocation bonus.

Student Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ARAMARK.

The interview took place within our on-campus Career Center, so I didn't get to experience their office culture. The interview was for a student manager position in our dining halls on campus. The woman who interviewed me was extremely friendly and very laid back - she never made me feel intimidated but definitely didn't sugar coat the fact that the job is NOT easy. The interview process was rather simple and standard, your typical procedures.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the specific questions she asked - nothing too hard that was noteworthy. Like I said, it was very standard.   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service and Sales Interview

invitation and information session. Called back for second interview. Call center simulation. It will take about 45 min to do. Then the interview with manager and director. Fairly typical questions. You will be asked how you know about the company and what you know.

Interview Questions
    • After second interview, it will be another 2 weeks before you know if you have the job.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. this is a hourly seasonal position with no benefits

IT Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in August 2014.

The interview was pretty easy, I just received an email from the manager to schedule a day for the meeting. It was nothing more than a casual conversation, they asked me about 3,4 questions about my experience. 2 weeks later I got a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just come prepare, they will not ask you much, so try to sell yourself and impress them.   Answer Question