ARAMARK

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Accelerate to Leadership Program

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview Details – I had one over the phone interview which seemed to go well, and they flew me out to their headquarters. They did not recruit from my school, must likely cause their business is not concentrated in Michigan, but the initial recruiter was reluctant to have me on board.
The interview in Philadelphia was a half day with around around 200 candidates. Associates were spread throughout the conference room, those of which would be interviewing us individually in teams of two. While scoping the candidates it didn't seem that there were many interested in a clear job role or career, just that they want to become management. They also had little OTJ experience with few internships and such. They recruited a majority of "their own people" hiring people out of Philadelphia who had connections with the company, and placing them nationwide without much consideration to their prior experience.

Interview Question – We pride ourselves on integrity. Describe a situation where you showed a tremendous amount of integrity in what you do.   Answer Question

Food Service Director Interview

Food Service Director

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview Details – It was too long ago to remember. I met the guy offsite at a coffee shop. We had conversation about how tough the environment is. Overall liked the interview process. The Interview as very Professional.

Negotiation Details – negotiated salary a bit

Chef Manager Interview

Chef Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interview, with an HR representative as well as a few of your potential co-workers/ managers. Three tier responses are required. For example, "Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between two employees." The response should include the situation, how you reacted to the situation and the resolution to the situation.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer if you have been with them for so long?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that my offer was non-negotiable in my letter.

Very Easy Interview

Housekeeping Manager Interview

Housekeeping Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone and conducted a surprise interview by phone . and on the spot. Followed up with a second phone interview and then an in person interview with a panel of other managers. As I learned later, the head VP disregarded panels recommendations and hired who they preferred anyway. I learned this myself as a member of the panel a year later.

Interview Question – Discussion questions were regarding how to control financials, technical questions regarding floor care, staffing, and supplies.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate, but this was likely already a prepared amount in which Aramark was prepared to pay. Felt like they were trying to lowball me.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Accelerate to Leadership Program
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ARAMARK in April 2014.

Interview Details – I found out about this program from my university's career center and applied on Aramark website. About 2 weeks later, I got an email said that I met the requirements and schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The Phone Interview was really easy; just behavioral question, what you know about the program, how did you find out program, what you your goals, and will you willing to relocated. Depend on your conversation skills and know how to find out if you get selected for the 2nd round, you can get an answer right after your phone interview. Then 2 weeks later, I got an email with an invitation to attend the final assessment in PA. They flown me there and paid for all the expenses. The final Interview was intimidated at first because there will be around 100+ per session and there are 2 sessions. I was in the first session and had 2 interviews and they both really good. They will give you a schedule for the interviews and it will said when is your turn. You might have some gaps in between your interview so make sure to talk to people and just enjoy yourself. There will be a panel of 2 for each interview and you got to be confident when you walk in and show them you interested in the position. Since you will interview with different people from different industries, you have to be good at improvised and think on the spot because they might ask you about stuff in their specific industry. A good interview tend to be more conversation and both parties enjoy the interview. Make sure you make yourself stand out from the crowd and ask them to hire you (of course not in a direct way :D ). At the end of the interviews, they will give you a little gift and send you to the airport to depart for your flight back home. Then 2 weeks later, I received a call said that I did really good in the interview and I got offer a position. Make sure to keep this in mind, they will repeatedly as you if you willing to relocated. However, if you answer yes, they might move you, not that they move you for sure, just depend on where your skill fit most.

Interview Question – Sometimes, they will ask for stuff related to their specific industries and you must be able to give them the answer that satisfied them. You have to think on the spot and cannot really prepare for this because you won't find out who you will interview with until you attend the welcoming event.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because the offer package was good as a college grad and they paid for my relocation.

EVS Supervisor Interview

EVS Supervisor
Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

Interview Details – Being one of the workers in which they hold the contract with I was little surprised when they low balled the hiring salary offer I withheld for a little more, but they set the precedent for me. Get the experience then move to company that values me.

Interview Question – What brought here?   View Answer

Nutrition Services Manager Interview

Nutrition Services Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ARAMARK in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional interview and interviewers were just winging it. But hey, I got the job! This is also how they handle most of the interviewing process. They also hire too many family members and street thugs.

Interview Question – How do you work with different cultures and diversity when faced with disobedience from employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called from new york with an offer and didn't give me room to negotiate. They had a budget

Chef Interview

Chef

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview Details – There where two face to face interviews. The first was short about 15 min or so with the General Manager. I bieve that the point of this interview was to guage my personality more than any thing else. The second interview was with the manager of the site i was going to work at.

Interview Question – None as long as you didnt lie on your resume the questions where off of there along with some food related questions in order to guage knowlage base   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. They contacted me and did a phone interview. They called me back the next day and scheduled an in person interview. About a week later they called and made the offer.

Interview Question – The questions were easy...They asked about my education/work background, my experience with accounting, and computer efficiency. The interview was quick and easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $12 an hour, I asked for $15 an hour, they called back and said the most they could do was $13.

Cook Interview

Cook
Denali Park, AK

I applied online - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

Interview Details – Aramark is unethical in their job interviewing. They are so unorganized that they allow prospective employees to fly all the way to Alaska only to be told that they don't have a job due to their background check. They should tell these employees BEFORE they fly there that they weren't accepted for employment.

Interview Question – Can you drive a vehicle?   Answer Question