ARAMARK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Associate District Manager Interview

Interview

very friendly recruiter. Met with the hiring managers for 2 different positions. Both were very informative about the positions they were interviewing for. Very professional and relaxed at the same time. They did not hide the pros and cons about the jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you did something you regreted.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Pay seemed fair. Benefits seem good.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

-Email from recruiter -Phone interview with recruiter -Email from manager -Phone interview with manager -Manager told me he was going to set up a face to face interview in a week. My job status online changed to interviewed scheduled. -I followed up some time after and the job was filled and no interview was ever scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward, all experience based, nothing personal.   Answer Question

Food Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview is pretty casual. You can arrive in business casual attire. The interviewers may act a bit serious but they're all pretty cool people once you get to know them. You should have good knowledge on the industry standards for food temperatures and storage. You should show that you have the ability to manage a workforce of about 30 to 40 people.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were just about the standards of food holding and cooking temperatures and safe storage practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're pretty firm on their pay rates.

A2L Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview

Relatively easy campus interview. They came to campus fair and select several candidates to do next day interview 1 to 1. After that, I received an email saying that I will be invited to final assessment in PA. Great company and very nice recruiters!!!

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

Interview

The Process took about three months from beginning to end. They fly you out to Philadelphia and pay for everything. The Interviews were not that bad, I think the phone interview was harder than my final interviews because I did not know what they were going to ask me; where the final interview is basically you selling yourself. You have to be willing to move anywhere in the country; I got an offer and accepted my offer but my location changed a few times; if you are okay with moving you will do fine in the interviews then. Salary for my position and job is great I expected way less!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake at a job or in school and had to face that you were wrong?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No but they give you enough things that should make you be okay with accepting the job.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my campus career center and was supposed to have an interview on campus. Instead, they emailed me saying I had been selected for a phone interview. The phone interview went well (I had been working 6 months at my first job out of college since graduating in 2014 so I had OTJ experience a lot of others didn't). After about a week I received an email saying I'd been selected to attend the final interview round. They fly you out to Philadelphia and put you up in a hotel, all on their dime. There were two sessions of interviews, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I went in the afternoon. They bring you into a ballroom, provide lunch, and then make a presentation about what the program entails that addresses a lot of the questions typically asked. After that, they have a couple formal/still A2Ler's speak about their experiences and then open the floor up to questions. Once finished, everyone break's up and you have 2 interviews with sets of 2 professionals. Pretty straight forward, they asked STAR based questions and look for specific examples. Be sure to brush up on these. After the interview, I received a call back within 2 weeks with an offer in the location and line of business I asked for as well. Offer was generous and non negotiable. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Out of everything on your resume, what was your most proud accomplishment?   Answer Question

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy interview. People are very nice and relaxed and make you feel no stress. The fly you into Philly and pay for everything. good experience. The questions were all based on previous experiences you had.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview; second round program with 100+ applicants. Includes lunch (or breakfast), presentation about program, and two interviews with teams of two interviewers each (for a total of 4 interviewers.)

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics you possess that make you an effective leader?   Answer Question

Offers have not been issued yet, so I don't know.

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I applied through my school's career center and was selected for a first round interview by an HR person in the area. This first interview was probably the most casual I have had for any hospitality management training program. We just talked about Aramark and went through my resume. A week or two later I received an email from headquarters about final round interviews in Philadelphia (flight/hotel/breakfast included). They explained that they were interviewing a total of 600 students over 9 days (3 days per week, 3 weeks). I believe they said they take about 400 students a year, ~100 of which were previous internship participants. A friend who interned with Aramark was offered a position without interviewing. They provided schedules for each candidate, who was to have 2 30 minute interviews with 2 people during each session. The interviews were pretty standard "tell me about a time when..." They also ask what business segment you want to be in and if you have any location preferences. BE HONEST. They want you to be open to relocation, but will take into account preferences if you are a strong candidate. I heard back with an offer after Thanksgiving (I interviewed in late October, so it did take a while). I was offered a fairly local (to my college) placement (which was one of my location preferences, though I was open to some relocation) and a higher salary than expected for the hospitality industry, so I am taking their offer. The people at College Relations seem like they really want to help and are available for any questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for the A2L program, but I was happy with my offer. Good salary, lots of benefits options, included a relocation bonus.

A2L Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I originally learned about the A2L program at a college career fair. I had an interview the next day and was received an email the next week that I was being flown to Philadelphia, PA for the second round of interviews. The flight and hotel was paid for by ARAMARK. I left in the morning on a monday and had my interviews on Tuesday. I was back home by Tuesday evening. I had basically 2 interviews on Tuesday morning. Each had 2 or 3 people asking questions. The most important thing was that I was willing to relocate. I was asked to give 3 of my top choices for the different hubs of where I would want to relocate but was offered a location in Chicago (which was none of the three locations). Benefits and salary were non-negotiable but were pretty decent.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. Why do you want to be accepted into the A2L program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiable.