ARAMARK

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at ARAMARK.

I applied on line, then a recruiter from Aramark called me to set a phone interview. Did the phone interview, came in for an in person interview, then had another interview with the other managers and the district manager.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I had an on campus screening interview that went well. I was surprised that they asked me about salary in my screening interview (but never on the actual interview day.) Afterwards, I was invited to the Aramark day at a local hotel. Everyone was very friendly but it was very unorganized. We sat idle for most of the day with a short morning info session and 45 (?) minute interviews by pairs of interviewees. It was very confusing because the interviewers were unaware of the position I talked to the screener about. There was very limited information ahead of time about what the specific roles were. You had to wait until the interview day to truly find out information. Most of the positions were to be a manager in an Aramark dining or hospitality facility. When I tried to e-mail my screener to ask questions, she never answered (despite offering to help me). I was also scheduled a second screening interview which was canceled at the last minute once the screener realized I'd already been recommended for the interview day.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

I attended and On-Campus interview ad was then flown to Philadelphia, PA for final round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is your drive for results like? Give an example of a time you took control of something and saw it all the way through to the desired result.   View Answer

They actually have not extended offers yet, so I am not sure whether or not I have received an offer.

Bartender/Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

I heard about the job locally but needed to apply online. It was a tedious process since their site isn't as user friendly as most.
    After applying I had to follow up by calling 3 times. Finally I was asked to come in for an interview.
    The job that I applied for was no longer available so I was offered a management position instead.

Interview Questions

The pay rate was too low and there were no gratuities.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

I had a Skype interview but they also recruited on campus. They try to get back to you in a weeks time which is really nice. They ask you pretty basic behavioral questions such as:
    1. Name a time when you were able to help someone who was struggling? Why was this difficult? How did it help you
    2. Why Aramark?
    3. What segment of the industry are you interested in?

The recruiter was really nice and friendly, and made the process not intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is the most frustrating thing about your job? (I work for Aramark)
      2. What is the thing you are least proud of on your resume?

View Answer

Food and Beverage Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

I scheduled my interview at a hospitality career fair which my University hosted. The paper which I wrote my information on gave a numerical date for the interview day, so I had to figure out the day of the week (to figure out my class schedule) myself. It also failed to list a location, but I assumed that they would email me more information about it. A week passed, and I ended up calling my schools hospitality building to find out the location.

The interview was very friendly and professional. She even offered me water when I coughed.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to come up with three adjectives which describe myself as I am at work.   Answer Question

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

I applied pretty much at random after looking through some of their listings. I got an email about a week later to schedule a 30 min. phone interview. It was all behavioral questions, some role playing exercises but given my background in the food service industry, it was simple enough. Two weeks after that I was invited to interview in Philadelphia. As I understood it, Aramark was interviewing 200 something candidates over two days and four interview sessions. I was the very first session, and had three interviews, all of which were very comfortable and relaxed. While the majority of the interviews were more conversational (the best interviews tend to be dialogues, I think), the formal questions about past circumstances and career visions are almost mandated.

The whole process was very organized. As a former Aramark employee I am always impressed by the level of courtesy Aramark shows even its potential employees.

I got called with an offer about a week and a half later. I declined for reasons below.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Name a time when you had to handle a difficult co-worker.
      2. What line of business are you interested in?
      3. What do you think makes you successful?
      4. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.
      5. Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.

View Answers (3)

Throughout the entire interview process, they asked me repeatedly where I would like to be placed. I answered with "pretty much any state but the one I currently reside in". I was just ready for a change. When I received an offer a week and a half later, the opening was in a building about 15 minutes from my house. So clearly, someone else made the placement decision, or else they simply did not listen during my 4 separate interviews.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

I was a current, student employee when I asked for the interview. With my work ethic and experience, I got the interview right away. I had to interview with the Operations Director and the Sr. Food Service Manager. Both were fairly short interviews since I work with both managers. The majority of the interview was about related experience and how you have previously handled certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • "How long do you see yourself in the company, and are you looking to advance further in the company?"   View Answer
    Hours are hard to negotiate due to certain business needs and locations. Pay is not very negotiable. I tried to get them up 25 cents and they wouldn't budge.

Accounting Senior Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

I applied through Aramark website after reviewing job posting on Craigslist. I received a call after 3 months. Initial phone interview with typical questions regarding experience, myself, and education. We then talked about pay. I was given a starting range of 12 dollars an hour. I have a BS in Business Management and Accounting as well as working on a Master degree in Accounting. 14 dollars an hour was the highest she would give me. I acceptable because of my lack of experience. I went to an interview lasting less than 20 minutes. My interviewer seemed less than interested. She asked the typical interview questions: Experience, education, goals,why are you leaving your current company, and tell me about yourself. She then asked about pay. I told her the initial interviewer and I established 14 dollars and she accepted. I received an offer the next week with $13 an hour. I called the talent team member, who apparently forgot that she accepted $14. She then "had to go talk to her manager to see if $14 was acceptable." I received a new offer letter with the correct information. I started 2 months later. Orientation was very disorganized, my job was nothing as described, as well as the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three words your friends would use to describe you   View Answer
    Make sure to negotiate pay and read all paperwork sent to you before signing

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

Applied online. Had a one-on-one interview with one of Aramarks representative. Interview process was nothing out of the ordinary. Various behavioral questions, situational questions, how I would respond to certain situations regarding management and other employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you respond to a difficult customer or employee   Answer Question