ARAMARK Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in June 2014.

There were 3 interviews. One Phone Interview with the Director. Then an interview with the Manager. Then a interview with the Manager and Director. They verbally offered me the position but I had to wait for letter in the mail from Corporate with the salary. There was no room for salary negotiation and the direct management didn't have say in the salary either.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were faced with something difficult. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in June 2014.

3 interviews. Excellent treatment.tour of facilities. Answered my questions. Caring and made me feel like I belonged. Understood my history and gave me a chance. A great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone

The offer was in range

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in June 2014.

Most unusual interview I ever experienced. Repeatedly discouraged from accepting position during interview. For good reason. Wish I had taken interviewer's advice. Unfortunately, I didn't. After about a week, a co-worker told me to run. I took hers. However, I can't say I wasn't sufficiently warned ahead of time. Live and learn.

Interview Questions
    • Really can't remember any challenging questions. Obviously low expectations.   View Answer
    Cut and dry-no negotiations. Take it or leave it. Waited a long time to take drug test due to a lack of paperwork. Company seemed very disorganized, at least at this location.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in June 2014.

The interview and on-boarding process took less time than other organizations where I've worked. I was contacted by an Aramark recruiter by email, a phone interview was scheduled, and I was then quickly set up with an interview with my prospective boss, then an in-person interview with an RVP, then flown to Dallas for panel and group interviews. It all went very smoothly and effectively. And after I was hired, the on-boarding process was one of the best I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult or 'trick' questions, or even unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I expected so there was no real negotiation phase. And I was very happy with Aramark's offer.

Chef Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ARAMARK.

There where two face to face interviews. The first was short about 15 min or so with the General Manager. I bieve that the point of this interview was to guage my personality more than any thing else. The second interview was with the manager of the site i was going to work at.

Interview Questions
    • None as long as you didnt lie on your resume the questions where off of there along with some food related questions in order to guage knowlage base   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK.

It seemed like I was the only student on my campus to apply for this internship. While turning in my application I was hired on the spot by the campus account director.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denali Park, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denali Park, AK

I applied online – interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

Aramark is unethical in their job interviewing. They are so unorganized that they allow prospective employees to fly all the way to Alaska only to be told that they don't have a job due to their background check. They should tell these employees BEFORE they fly there that they weren't accepted for employment.

EVS Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

Being one of the workers in which they hold the contract with I was little surprised when they low balled the hiring salary offer I withheld for a little more, but they set the precedent for me. Get the experience then move to company that values me.

Cash Handler/Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

After completing application in person at facility (job fair), received callback to come in for interview at facility during ongoing job fair. Dept managers talked to applicants to determine compatibility and make conditional offer upon clearing background check. Call back a few days later w/ offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all, managers simply making determination if one has had experience in area. If you show up for interview, orientation and first day you are on board! Hiring dept managers utilize application and resume to ask pertinent questions and get to know you generally.   Answer Question
    No negotiation option

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in April 2014.

I found out about this program from my university's career center and applied on Aramark website. About 2 weeks later, I got an email said that I met the requirements and schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The Phone Interview was really easy; just behavioral question, what you know about the program, how did you find out program, what you your goals, and will you willing to relocated. Depend on your conversation skills and know how to find out if you get selected for the 2nd round, you can get an answer right after your phone interview. Then 2 weeks later, I got an email with an invitation to attend the final assessment in PA. They flown me there and paid for all the expenses. The final Interview was intimidated at first because there will be around 100+ per session and there are 2 sessions. I was in the first session and had 2 interviews and they both really good. They will give you a schedule for the interviews and it will said when is your turn. You might have some gaps in between your interview so make sure to talk to people and just enjoy yourself. There will be a panel of 2 for each interview and you got to be confident when you walk in and show them you interested in the position. Since you will interview with different people from different industries, you have to be good at improvised and think on the spot because they might ask you about stuff in their specific industry. A good interview tend to be more conversation and both parties enjoy the interview. Make sure you make yourself stand out from the crowd and ask them to hire you (of course not in a direct way :D ). At the end of the interviews, they will give you a little gift and send you to the airport to depart for your flight back home. Then 2 weeks later, I received a call said that I did really good in the interview and I got offer a position. Make sure to keep this in mind, they will repeatedly as you if you willing to relocated. However, if you answer yes, they might move you, not that they move you for sure, just depend on where your skill fit most.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes, they will ask for stuff related to their specific industries and you must be able to give them the answer that satisfied them. You have to think on the spot and cannot really prepare for this because you won't find out who you will interview with until you attend the welcoming event.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because the offer package was good as a college grad and they paid for my relocation.