ARAMARK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very easy interview. People are very nice and relaxed and make you feel no stress. The fly you into Philly and pay for everything. good experience. The questions were all based on previous experiences you had.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview; second round program with 100+ applicants. Includes lunch (or breakfast), presentation about program, and two interviews with teams of two interviewers each (for a total of 4 interviewers.)

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics you possess that make you an effective leader?   Answer Question

Offers have not been issued yet, so I don't know.

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I applied through my school's career center and was selected for a first round interview by an HR person in the area. This first interview was probably the most casual I have had for any hospitality management training program. We just talked about Aramark and went through my resume. A week or two later I received an email from headquarters about final round interviews in Philadelphia (flight/hotel/breakfast included). They explained that they were interviewing a total of 600 students over 9 days (3 days per week, 3 weeks). I believe they said they take about 400 students a year, ~100 of which were previous internship participants. A friend who interned with Aramark was offered a position without interviewing. They provided schedules for each candidate, who was to have 2 30 minute interviews with 2 people during each session. The interviews were pretty standard "tell me about a time when..." They also ask what business segment you want to be in and if you have any location preferences. BE HONEST. They want you to be open to relocation, but will take into account preferences if you are a strong candidate. I heard back with an offer after Thanksgiving (I interviewed in late October, so it did take a while). I was offered a fairly local (to my college) placement (which was one of my location preferences, though I was open to some relocation) and a higher salary than expected for the hospitality industry, so I am taking their offer. The people at College Relations seem like they really want to help and are available for any questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for the A2L program, but I was happy with my offer. Good salary, lots of benefits options, included a relocation bonus.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Tempe, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied at a starbucks on asu campus and it took two weeks before I heard back. Was called and interview was incredibly easy. Asked three questions and hired me, but I did have experience. No drug tests were required. Started work about two weeks after my interview where I had been hired on the spot. The overall experience was very good. I was really nervous but they did not hold it against me.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities at your previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Cashier Interview

Interview

The HR just asked a few basic questions from a list. He wrote everything you said down and then delivered it to a manager. Then you would get the chance to talk to the manager. The manager asked fewer questions then the HR and began to discuss about the details on work. That was a relaxing interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Things about working hours is negotiable, but salary is non-negotiable.

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK in September 2014.

Interview

It wasn't really tough at all. I went to the job fair without a resume and they just asked me to fill out some papers since it was my first time applying to Aramark. The interviewer asked me to come inside a room and it was more of a conversation than an actual interview. She asked me what skills I had for the job that I was applying for (starbucks barista/cashier) and I told her I worked as a barista for a summer. After that, she seemed content with what I had to offer and asked me when I was free.

Drug test

Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

There was a initial phone interview, followed by a second phone interview, and then a third phone interview. After the last interview I spoke with HR, then I got traveling itinerary to go to Denver to start my training.

Interview Questions

• All basic questions that pertained to the position   1 Answer

Banquet Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview

I applied it thru my college, and it took me one day to get their reply. There was nothing special about the interview. There were two interviewers. Most of the questions they asked were about my previous jobs, strengths,weaknesses, scenario questions etc. BUT they did answer some weird questions or questions that are not very related to the job like "Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write". Quite difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, had a current employee also submit my resume directly to the hiring manager to ensure it was received by those responsible for hiring. Was called and given a basic phone screen about my employment background before scheduling an interview. Had four total interviews on two different days. It took a little over a week before I heard back about the interview. The questions were fairly simple and common for business roles. Not any real technical questions, just questions about my background (based on my resume), my work style and my software abilities/knowledge.

Interview Questions

• There weren't too many difficult questions. For this role I would suggest looking into the companies financials to have an idea of how large the company is in case you get these types of questions. Also be prepared to answer questions like "when was a time that you struggled at work and how did you overcome it" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as the offer they gave me matched what I had said I was looking for. Usually they will leave a little cushion in their offer in case you come back, so don't be afraid to ask for a little more (if you're justified).

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a mass-hiring. I scheduled my interview 3 weeks in advance, per their availability. I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours. When was called in, the asked my availability, asked me one customer service-related questions, and told me I was hired. I didn't start for another 3 weeks due to their delayed paperwork process.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience you had with a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question