ARAMARK

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.5

Food Service Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

Had a phone screening then an on site interview with the gm another phone screening and then an interview with the dm. And finally another phone interview with hr. Whole process took about a month.
    Both interviews were relaxed and pretty standard questions were asked. They both stressed the atmosphere and nature of the job and asked more than once if I was sure I would be able to handle the job.

Interview Questions
    • Usual questions based on prior job experience. Second interview was more informal and we just talked about situations and how to over come them.   View Answer
    During the interview they asked what I was looking for I told them and that's what they offered

General Ledger Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

Initial phone interview was great, interviewed with manager was great onsite interview in Nashville was terrible. Interview was not prepared

Interview Questions
    • Being interviewed by someone that was not prepared and imtimidating   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

The entire hiring and interview process took about a month from the initial interview through the signing of the final paperwork. Within a week of submitting my application I received a call from the head of HR for the Environmental Services (EVS) branch of Aramark at West Chester Hospital. She informed me that she would be in charge of the entire interview process and we scheduled my first interview was for a week later. The HR woman was very nice over the phone and was the same when I met her for my first interview. There were a total of four interviews. Two were over the phone and the other two were in person. The first interview was a preliminary interview with a basic set of questions about how I would handle certain situations in the work environment. This went smoothly and before the end of the call my next phone interview was scheduled for a week later. For the second interview i was asked another basic set of questions about my work history. After giving the HR woman a description of all of my prior jobs and roles, my third interview was scheduled for a week later. The third interview took place in the hospital cafeteria and i was asked the same set of questions from the phone interview by the first and second shift managers. After they each were both done with their question sets i was told to wait and there was a period of waiting in which i assume management was making the decision for me to be hired. After about 15 minutes the HR woman came and led me to a conference room where she informed me that i was being made a job offer. I accepted the offer and was then asked to fill out some pre employment forms and a form consenting to a drug test. After all the paperwork was done the HR woman came back in and we scheduled my drug test and first training day. Overall the interview and hiring process was pretty simple and painless. The only difficult part was getting all the blood work and immunizations required to work in the hospital.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you made a mistake at work and had to correct it. What happened and what did you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The rate i was offered is the starting rate of 11 dollars an hour. First shift gets 10 dollars an hour and second shift gets a dollar extra for the shift differential.

Lead Catering Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

The whole hiring process was money !!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What meal would I cook For the 2 chefs   View Answer
    They told me !!

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

Applied online. They contacted me and did a phone interview. They called me back the next day and scheduled an in person interview. About a week later they called and made the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy...They asked about my education/work background, my experience with accounting, and computer efficiency. The interview was quick and easy   Answer Question
    They offered me $12 an hour, I asked for $15 an hour, they called back and said the most they could do was $13.

Manager Trainee Interview

First applied with aramark through the university job fair. First phase was a thirty minute phone interview. You are then contacted within a week to inform you if you proceed. The next and final round is held in the area of your geographical request. There, you are interviewed twice by two interviewers. They will then contact you within two to three weeks with a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time where you felt the need to justify yourself.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK.

Long process. Utilized internal recruiter who was very friendly and offered good information. Really wants you in the interview process. 1 phone interview and met with 3 people in person. Not difficult interviews, but that depends on the person interviewing. I was a referral.
    They do use key word software and when I was hiring 300+ resumes but offered only 5 resumes to view.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find the interviews difficult or any unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate and added non-salary items. There was confusion on the moving bonus which was not stated correctly (to their liking) in the agreement letter.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK.

Phone interview with Talent Acquisition, Live interview with hiring manager and Vice President of Division, Resume submitted via mutual friend

Part-Time Custodian Interview

Basic questions about myself and what I would do in specific situations related to the job. Asked about past use with cleaning equipment, and time work in school district. Availability, and start date. Quite informal and relaxed.

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK in December 2013.

I found out about the position/program by attending an on-campus career fair. I was offered a next day one on one interview and I accepted. That interview asked questions about my experience, why I chose my university, what motivates me to go further, my ideal geographical location, etc. She was very nice and that interview was fairly easy.

After that point, I was invited to their second round interviews which were being held in Atlanta (four hours from home for me). They flew all applicants out and paid for their hotel stay. I was first interviewed by two women. I had a brief 10 minute break then was interviewed by two mean. The questions asked were average (behavior and situational based)

I found out I was offered the position this month and was given two weeks to decide if I accept or not.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They informed applicants during the second round interviews that the range would be $42,000-$45,000. Given the fact that I have minimal direct experience I accepted the offer.