ARAMARK Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.7

Field Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ARAMARK Schools (Appleton, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to tell about my history and job duties, it was a 1 person interview, not very friendly, did not have answers to questions I had about the company or current jobs. The interview lasted around 1/2 hour. I currently do all the hiring in the company i am at know, I was not impressed with this interview process. I think they need to train there hiring personal better if they want to bring in good qualified personal.

Salary

Director of Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK Schools (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was in person at mutually agreeable location. Interviewer seemed very guarded and wasn't willing to expand upon position description. Interviewer described Aramark, client, customer relationship however didn't disclose that competition was the number 2 person at the job. I think I was being used to get their number 2 person the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle supervision of union employees of the client?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ARAMARK Schools (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

20 minute phone interview completed and a few days later an in-person interview with 3 hiring managers was completed...lasted about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Pretty much standard stuff, lots of time to talk about past work experiences and how they might apply to this position..very relaxed and good process overall.

Interview Questions

• Explain how in a past job experience cultural differences came into play and how you overcame them and how they would apply to this position.   1 Answer

Assistant Facility Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ARAMARK Schools (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter while still in final three months of college. Did a phone interview and one more interview with a Facilities Director. Got hired soon after graduation.

Interview Questions

• All was ok. They had good questions and gave a very honesty story of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on entry jobs

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpentersville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK Schools (Carpentersville, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

They have a job openings section on the Aramark section of the district's site, but it is rarely updated. I found the posting on Craigslist. There was some polite e-mail correspondence and then a simple phone interview where I was asked to come in. I met with the HR manager and the kitchen manager for a short interview. There was then a three month period between when I interviewed and when I was actually brought on to the job

Interview Questions

• When talking about scratch cookery at a previous job, I was asked how I would prepare a specific recipe.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ARAMARK Schools (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

I went in and talked to the manager. The job ended up being not exactly what I wanted. I thought I would have more freedom as a cook.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if somebody began to have an allergic reaction to food you cooked?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ARAMARK Schools (Dallas, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was conducted few days after i submitted my application. It was straight to the point and it only lasted 15 min. 2 days later i was hired. The paperwork part was the one that took a little longer because it was an on campus job, but other than that the whole process was fast.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the money is short at the end of the shift?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ARAMARK Schools in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was relaxed. It was an easy process. First you send it application that you print out online. Then you get called in for an interview the first week of the semester. It seemed like an easy job to get if you wanted it.

Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ARAMARK Schools in April 2009.

Interview

Extremely easy

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ARAMARK Schools in August 2008.

Interview

It was a very quick process. I called about an ad in the paper and was called in the next day for an interview. I wouldn't even really call it an interview because once I was in the office, I pretty much had the job. The supervisor was very polite but very business oriented. Even after working for her I would say she was more business than anything. There wasn't a drug test but I don't know if it was just the location I was at or Aramark in general.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the last customer complaint you received?   Answer Question