ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Received call from recruiter, attended interview. Very informative. Did 2nd interview. Sales Manager very positive and encouraging. Interview with Regional Manager very encouraging. Would recommend being relaxed and able to express goals.

Negotiation

No negotiating. Base salary, commission, Laptop, cell phone, gas card, car allowance

Other Interview Reviews for ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Went through several interviews before I was hired. 1st interview was with the Sales manager. If you are "approved" in your first interview, you will then be asked to come back and meet the market center's General Manager. After that interview you will then do a ride along with one of the other account executives to help you get a taste for what the job is like. If you decide that you like what you see, you will then interview with the Director of Sales (if the DOS is in town you will have a face to face interview, if not then just over the phone). ***Interview tip*** The whole point of the interview with the DOS is to show that you are able to close the deal. This is done by closing the DOS in your interview and asking for the job, explaining why you are the right pick, asking what your next steps should be etc, whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find anything terribly difficult. This is an entry level sales position. They are looking for sales closers so be ready to show/explain how you are a closer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase at all. They have a set salary and will not pay you anything outside of what is already set in place.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel.

Interview

First phone interview. Then in person interview. Decisions are made quick to higher.

Negotiation

No negotiations needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Sales and General Manager following a phone interview. I met with both managers for approximately 45 minutes total and was informed I would be receiving an offer letter the following day.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with working on your own   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who gave me a brief telephone screening interview and was invited to interview with the Sales Manager. A week or so went by and the Sales Manager finally called me and wanted to set up an interview. Since I was located in another city, he had offered to interview me when he was in my city next week in person for a convention for Aramark. Once I had informed him that I was pregnant and was going to be induced but not until the day after the interview (just so he wasn't caught off guard at the interview), it appeared that he became uncomfortable with the idea of interviewing me and offered instead to interview when I was in St. Louis for the Account Executive position located in Highland, Illinois. I called him later that day as I was set back by the idea that he was wiling to meet me and since suddenly he finds out that I am expecting soon that I was pushed off to the side. I asked if he would still consider interviewing me while he was here in Las Vegas. He agreed and asked me to contact him on Wednesday at 10am and to leave a message if he did not answer and that he would call me back to confirm a time on Thursday and that 2pm should work for him to interview me at the casino where the Aramark convention was being held. I agreed, and did exactly what I had asked. I promptly awaited for 10am on Wednesday morning and left a message to follow up on the interview details and left my name and number, no response. Thursday comes around, I call and left another message to remind him of the interview that he had offered to set up with me, assuming that by now I should have heard from him. I wanted to gave the Sales Manager the benefit of the doubt, so I got ready, had three copies of my resume with me, I was promptly there at the Mandalay Bay by 1:45pm awaiting for my phone to ring any second. 2:00pm goes by, still I wait. Finally, I decide to text him, since leaving voice mails on his cell was not effective. Long story short, I finally resort to texting the Sales Manager on his cell informing him that I was at the Mandalay Bay for the interview as we had discussed and that I just wanted to follow up with him to know whether or not he was going to meet with me or if we should reschedule. Granted, I am nine months pregnant, and I took the time and energy to get ready and do my part to meet him, I was quite disappointed from having zero effort on his part to follow up with me. A couple minutes after sending the text, apparently I had gotten his attention and he calls me to apologize and say that the time schedule had changed so he was unable to get back to me right away. Regardless, I still wanted to interview, so he told me he would meet me in ten minutes. Finally when he showed up, he had made the comment, "well you are persistent." I wanted to point out, "well, I find that to be a good thing and it sounds like I need to be persistent to get you to keep your promises." Imagine if I was a customer... The rest of the interview was pretty standard. He was asking questions about my background and sales experience. The vibe that I was picking up though was that since I had informed him that I was pregnant that he was no longer interested, or as interested in considering me for the position. From that point on I felt that he was just trying to blow me off and that me following up when he had asked me to was nothing more than an annoyance for him. I have to say that I have had no bad experiences dealing with Aramark as a company and have had only good things to say but my experience and way I feel that I had been treated was very disappointing. At the end of the interview, he asked me to contact him to arrange another interview when I moved to St. Louis the following week and he could give me a tour of the facility and give me a better idea whether the job was right for me. I left believing in what he told me, only to receive a generic rejection letter a few days later. I was not only disappointed in the lack of professionalism and respect of the Sales Manager, but I did not appreciate having been lied to, I would have rather appreciated him to have stated that he will follow up with me in a few days than to have promised me another interview. Regardless, I hold no hard feelings toward Aramark, as I would love nothing more than to have the opportunity to work for this company, but I find it necessary to share my experience.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs have you applied for? (Didn't think this was an appropriate question, but I answered it honestly)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (Cleveland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter about an open position in my city. Initial phone interview, face to face with sales manager, phone interview with regional manager (due to location probably would have been face to face but the territory is remote). Took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to make this territory better than the last rep?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary, car allowance, gas card, laptop and cell phone. No negotiations.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process was actually very streamlined for the most part. I attribute that to a very good Director of Sales (whom they subsequently relocated and essentially forced out of the company). It was a phone interview and then a face to face. Very simple and straight forward

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was one based on my previous sales experience and how it would relate to the current job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. It was straightforward with the salary and commision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (Dallas, TX).

Interview

-Basic phone interview with Talent Manager -Face to Face interview with Sales Manager, Director of Sales or General Manager -Shadow ride along day with current rep -A decision is made

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to attempt a face to face cold call with a prospect. If you have experience this is easy. They just want to see if you will do it. They only way you would fail is if you refuse to attempt the call.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was only one chance at negotiations, so be prepared to counter with your best offer. Everything can be negotiated from base salary, starting commission kicker and vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

It consisted of four steps. You are speaking with the recruiter, meeting with your manager,another meeting with the Gm, and the final step is with the DOS. Pretty standard star type questions and make sure you relay you are comfortable competing for business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel (Salem, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

You meet with hiring manager (sales manager in my case). He asks you 8-10 "canned" questions that corporate MAKES him ask, eg, "Where do you see yourself in two years" (yes, hiring managers are still asking this genre question!) Then there's an oppty to ask some questions back the other way. After that, you might interview with someone else; then maybe a "ride-along" with another rep or a route driver. There's a "personality test"--for sales, anyways--and your standard drug screenings (we certainly don't want the udders on the "cash cow" driving the lucrative pre-employment drug-screening market going dry...now do we?) I didn't get the job; I failed the drug test. (Just kidding!)