ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista Interview

Barista
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview and hire process is a long tedious process through Aramark, if you don't first go through a contractor/temp agency. The interview, background check and drug test all take about four or more weeks to wait and complete.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you helped someone/customer who was lost and how.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't find out the start pay/offer until after I was hired. Don't settle for less. Aramark will work you to death and seem to care less about their employees.

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter, attended interview. Very informative. Did 2nd interview. Sales Manager very positive and encouraging. Interview with Regional Manager very encouraging. Would recommend being relaxed and able to express goals.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Base salary, commission, Laptop, cell phone, gas card, car allowance

Accounts Payable Vendor Relations Interview

Accounts Payable Vendor Relations
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very smooth and casual. I met with my would-be supervisor for this initial interview where base questions about my past work experience and history were discussed. Then, I was escorted by the supervisor to meet with the manager of the department where we all discussed my potential duties and responsibilities and possibles scenarios of situations that would arise. Finally, the supervisor dropped me off to meet with the head director of the department for a one-on-one for the finally interview - yes this was all in one day! This is where he summarized what Aramark as a whole did and represented and explained how and why they were/are looking for applicants.

My interview process was the best out of all my employment opportunities I have ever had a chance to apply for.

Interview Question – The question about my experience level for the position was a little difficult for me to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a phone call from their HR department in Burbank, CA.

Uniform Sales Representative Interview

Uniform Sales Representative

Interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Interview Details – three interview process with sales, branch and regional managers. Ride day with sales rep.

Interview Question – 10 references   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic. I went through two interviews before I got the position - one with the hiring manager and one with his boss. The interview was mostly small talk not really job related. They liked my personality and hired me.

Interview Question – They used to do training on behavior based hiring, but they haven't done it in years so most of the currently managers don't know what to ask you.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter who gave me a brief telephone screening interview and was invited to interview with the Sales Manager. A week or so went by and the Sales Manager finally called me and wanted to set up an interview. Since I was located in another city, he had offered to interview me when he was in my city next week in person for a convention for Aramark. Once I had informed him that I was pregnant and was going to be induced but not until the day after the interview (just so he wasn't caught off guard at the interview), it appeared that he became uncomfortable with the idea of interviewing me and offered instead to interview when I was in St. Louis for the Account Executive position located in Highland, Illinois. I called him later that day as I was set back by the idea that he was wiling to meet me and since suddenly he finds out that I am expecting soon that I was pushed off to the side. I asked if he would still consider interviewing me while he was here in Las Vegas. He agreed and asked me to contact him on Wednesday at 10am and to leave a message if he did not answer and that he would call me back to confirm a time on Thursday and that 2pm should work for him to interview me at the casino where the Aramark convention was being held.

I agreed, and did exactly what I had asked. I promptly awaited for 10am on Wednesday morning and left a message to follow up on the interview details and left my name and number, no response. Thursday comes around, I call and left another message to remind him of the interview that he had offered to set up with me, assuming that by now I should have heard from him.

I wanted to gave the Sales Manager the benefit of the doubt, so I got ready, had three copies of my resume with me, I was promptly there at the Mandalay Bay by 1:45pm awaiting for my phone to ring any second. 2:00pm goes by, still I wait. Finally, I decide to text him, since leaving voice mails on his cell was not effective.

Long story short, I finally resort to texting the Sales Manager on his cell informing him that I was at the Mandalay Bay for the interview as we had discussed and that I just wanted to follow up with him to know whether or not he was going to meet with me or if we should reschedule.

Granted, I am nine months pregnant, and I took the time and energy to get ready and do my part to meet him, I was quite disappointed from having zero effort on his part to follow up with me. A couple minutes after sending the text, apparently I had gotten his attention and he calls me to apologize and say that the time schedule had changed so he was unable to get back to me right away. Regardless, I still wanted to interview, so he told me he would meet me in ten minutes. Finally when he showed up, he had made the comment, "well you are persistent." I wanted to point out, "well, I find that to be a good thing and it sounds like I need to be persistent to get you to keep your promises." Imagine if I was a customer...

The rest of the interview was pretty standard. He was asking questions about my background and sales experience. The vibe that I was picking up though was that since I had informed him that I was pregnant that he was no longer interested, or as interested in considering me for the position.

From that point on I felt that he was just trying to blow me off and that me following up when he had asked me to was nothing more than an annoyance for him. I have to say that I have had no bad experiences dealing with Aramark as a company and have had only good things to say but my experience and way I feel that I had been treated was very disappointing.

At the end of the interview, he asked me to contact him to arrange another interview when I moved to St. Louis the following week and he could give me a tour of the facility and give me a better idea whether the job was right for me. I left believing in what he told me, only to receive a generic rejection letter a few days later. I was not only disappointed in the lack of professionalism and respect of the Sales Manager, but I did not appreciate having been lied to, I would have rather appreciated him to have stated that he will follow up with me in a few days than to have promised me another interview. Regardless, I hold no hard feelings toward Aramark, as I would love nothing more than to have the opportunity to work for this company, but I find it necessary to share my experience.

Interview Question – What other jobs have you applied for? (Didn't think this was an appropriate question, but I answered it honestly)   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel.

Interview Details – Went through several interviews before I was hired. 1st interview was with the Sales manager. If you are "approved" in your first interview, you will then be asked to come back and meet the market center's General Manager. After that interview you will then do a ride along with one of the other account executives to help you get a taste for what the job is like. If you decide that you like what you see, you will then interview with the Director of Sales (if the DOS is in town you will have a face to face interview, if not then just over the phone).

***Interview tip*** The whole point of the interview with the DOS is to show that you are able to close the deal. This is done by closing the DOS in your interview and asking for the job, explaining why you are the right pick, asking what your next steps should be etc, whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Interview Question – I didn't find anything terribly difficult. This is an entry level sales position. They are looking for sales closers so be ready to show/explain how you are a closer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase at all. They have a set salary and will not pay you anything outside of what is already set in place.

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel.

Interview Details – First phone interview. Then in person interview. Decisions are made quick to higher.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations needed

Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter about an open position in my city. Initial phone interview, face to face with sales manager, phone interview with regional manager (due to location probably would have been face to face but the territory is remote). Took about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – How are you going to make this territory better than the last rep?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a salary, car allowance, gas card, laptop and cell phone. No negotiations.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel.

Interview Details – Total of 4 different interviews: recruiter, sales manager, general manager, and director of sales.

Interview Question – I researched this company before all of my interviews. I made sure I was prepared so nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Worked for ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel employees and interview candidates.