ARCADIS US Environmental Engineer I Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARCADIS US (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with 5 consecutive employees ranging from all over the hierarchy of the company structure: They asked me basic interview questions and were interested in my technical abilities for the job. I was very unhappy about the HR relations since I started trying to contact the HR recruiter and secretary after 3 weeks and they kept dodging my calls. After a month I called under a different number and they answered right away. I suspect they were trying to avoid talking to me, because I was informed I was the best qualified candidate for the job and the only reason for not being chosen was because of my race as I saw that each of of the interviewees were of Caucasian descent.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with groundwater modeling software?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ARCADIS US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ARCADIS US (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the open recruiting of environmental engineers and scientists (College recruitment) and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. Worked with recruiter to find a location that fit my desired career direction and geographical preference. He came up with Indianapolis and moved to set up a phone interview. This process alone took quite awhile, as we went through a few prospective locations before Indianapolis came up. I had a phone interview with a HR admin and two engineers. Phone interview went great, lasted 30 minutes. Not difficult, just questions about my experience, education, and other things on my resume. Also questions about what I was interested in doing. They asked me to come down for an in person interview. That happen the same week. In person interview was a group interview. It was very relaxed, easy questions about the same topics as the phone interview. I had about 6 people meet with me at once, sounds intimidating but it wasn't at all. The interview lasted about 2 hours, sounds long but it wasn't a grilling. I left feeling great and wanting to work there, I got an offer about a week later or so. If you want to work for ARCADIS your in luck, they are hiring. Apply online over and over, I am serious eventually they will give you a call. The company is great and the culture is very relaxed and enjoyable. They are doing great as a company and treat their employees well.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience (job)   1 Answer
    • describe your favorite and least favorite classes in school. What would you like your career focus be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered about what i expected and what is listed on glassdoor. I didn't attempt to negotiate because I felt it was a fair offer for an entry level environmental engineer

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARCADIS US in October 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was very straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions based on my resume were asked. This was a general on-campus interview, however there was very little follow-up in terms of placement. Although, I did reach out to the recruiter about several positions, hiring managers were slow to respond which kept their hands tied.

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARCADIS US in August 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was basically to cross check the information given in the resume. No behavioral or technical questions were asked. I was asked whether I had taken course or did projects on the specific area of practice. I felt that the knowledge that they expected was way too specific for an MS graduate. The position was in the east coast and they said relocation assistance will not be provided. The interview took almost 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Courses/projects taken in a particular area of remediation.   Answer Question
    • My preference on the kind of work I would like to do among design, calculations, report writing and field work.   Answer Question