ARCADIS US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician
Brighton, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ARCADIS US in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online through company career portal, received a call from HR to set up an initial interview. That interview was about 2 hours with 4 different people. They asked a lot of questions (usual interview questions), then I came in for a second interview.

Interview Question – No technical questions, they did ask me about various courses I have taken   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer I (Energy Engineer I) Interview

Environmental Engineer I (Energy Engineer I)
Clifton Park, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ARCADIS US.

Interview Details – I was notified of open positions from a friend and fellow classmate from college. It started with a 30 minute phone "interview" where they talked more about what they do as a company as a whole and more specifically at their Clifton Park, NY office. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. They invited me up to their office for four individual 1:1 interviews. Again, the interviews were relaxed and as enjoyable as job interviews can possibly be. I had a couple behavioral questions posed to me, but they mostly opened the floor to me to ask as many questions as I wanted. They got back to me within a few days of the face-to-face interviews with a job offer.

Interview Question – How do you balance various projects and deadlines in your current job?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ARCADIS US.

Interview Details – Brought in for an interview right away, given an offer the next day

Interview Question – You realize we're not treehuggers here, right? We're not really helping the environment...why do you want to work here when I see all of this environmental club involvement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Have faith in yourself and put at least a little higher salary than you think you are going to be offered

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

UXO TII Interview

UXO TII
Barstow, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ARCADIS US in July 2013.

Interview Details – In the UXO field, my experience in getting hired is over the phone and on-line. If considered, usually the HR will contact you by phone to submit the various required certifications on-line. Then, the pertinent information is exchanged as to who, what, when, & where the job is. It's very impersonal but this (w/ HR) relationship's crucial, since they are the ones key to getting hired.

Interview Question – It depends on each individual but for me it's always how much will we be paid and how?   Answer Question

Water Resources Engineer I Interview

Water Resources Engineer I
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at ARCADIS US in June 2013.

Interview Details – The recuiter contacted me for an entry level position at Houston office. The phone interview was conducted a week after online applying. She told me to wait for the on-site interview with hiring manager. But I would never hear back from this company again. No offer, no rejection, no response.

Geologist I Interview

Geologist I

Interviewed at ARCADIS US

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and an informal interview over lunch

Interview Question – What sort of field calls have you had to make in the past?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ARCADIS US.

Interview Details – I went in for an interview as a temp. employee and was eventually brought on full-time.

Interview Question – Is this really the field that you see yourself in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the original offer on hiring from temp. to permanent employee. I also went through subsequent salary negotiations that were very dependent on my individual supervisor, which changed at a few points.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ARCADIS US.

Interview Details – Met with the practice leader and the practice leader's direct report.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Geologist I Interview

Geologist I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARCADIS US.

Interview Details – You will meet with 1-2 low level task managers. One of which is likely to be your "team leader" who you directly report to. Questions will be short, non technical and more personal. This can be 0.5 to 1 hr. Next will be a mid level manager, they will ask more experience based questions, how you will fit within the organization. You will likely meet with 4 to 5 people. A lunch may be provided. Interview can last 3-4 hrs or more.

Interview Question – Non specific, questions as this position was entry level   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a Grade 5 at $43,500. I countered with a Grade 6 for $46k. I was told "with my skills, you will certainly move up within 6 mo". I've been there almost 2 years with nothing. They low ball everyone.

Staff Geologist Interview

Staff Geologist
Fullerton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARCADIS US in December 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and got an invitation for an interview about a week later. About 20 people applied at the time, my resume and three others were the only ones that were relevant to the position. Typical interview is a three-person panel: one low-level PM, one mid-level PM (like my supervisor), and one higher-level PM.

Interview Question – Were I saw myself in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really feel the need to negotiate since what they initially offered was far higher than what I had ever received as compensation in the past.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ARCADIS US

Worked for ARCADIS US? Contribute to the Community!