ARCADIS US

2.5

Water Resources Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ARCADIS US in October 2014.

I went to a career fair at Penn State after I had already applied to the company website. I was contacted about 4 weeks later by a recruiter for a job opening that fit my resume.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected question in my opinion. The job was a business solutions/IT/engineering job which I had 2 years of relevant experience in. Most of the questions where specific to projects I worked on that, coincidentally, ARCADIS did consulting on.   Answer Question

Water Resources Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARCADIS US.

I worked with HR to set up a local office location interview. The HR representative found two openings near where I lived. My interview was scheduled within a week of sending my resume and cover letter to the HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult or unexpected questions. It was a typical interview day. I meat with five current employees who I would coordinate on projects with day-to-day. The interview lasted five hours, including lunch.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARCADIS US.

easy and just some work experience and expertise skills, short-term and long-term goal, communications. expectation of previous income, how to fit the group, how to contribute to the group

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ARCADIS US in August 2014.

I applied online and I got response within a day.. I was scheduled for a telephonic interview.. After the telephonic interview I got an e-mail for the face to face interview. It was so easy. But I was not selected because I was not proficient in Microstation.

Environmental Engineer I (Energy Engineer I) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ARCADIS US.

I was notified of open positions from a friend and fellow classmate from college. It started with a 30 minute phone "interview" where they talked more about what they do as a company as a whole and more specifically at their Clifton Park, NY office. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. They invited me up to their office for four individual 1:1 interviews. Again, the interviews were relaxed and as enjoyable as job interviews can possibly be. I had a couple behavioral questions posed to me, but they mostly opened the floor to me to ask as many questions as I wanted. They got back to me within a few days of the face-to-face interviews with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you balance various projects and deadlines in your current job?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARCADIS US.

Interviewed with 5 consecutive employees ranging from all over the hierarchy of the company structure: They asked me basic interview questions and were interested in my technical abilities for the job. I was very unhappy about the HR relations since I started trying to contact the HR recruiter and secretary after 3 weeks and they kept dodging my calls. After a month I called under a different number and they answered right away. I suspect they were trying to avoid talking to me, because I was informed I was the best qualified candidate for the job and the only reason for not being chosen was because of my race as I saw that each of of the interviewees were of Caucasian descent.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with groundwater modeling software?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ARCADIS US.

Brought in for an interview right away, given an offer the next day

Interview Questions
    • You realize we're not treehuggers here, right? We're not really helping the environment...why do you want to work here when I see all of this environmental club involvement?   View Answer
    Have faith in yourself and put at least a little higher salary than you think you are going to be offered

Geologist I Interview

2 phone interviews and an informal interview over lunch

Interview Questions
    • What sort of field calls have you had to make in the past?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARCADIS US.

I went in for an interview as a temp. employee and was eventually brought on full-time.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the original offer on hiring from temp. to permanent employee. I also went through subsequent salary negotiations that were very dependent on my individual supervisor, which changed at a few points.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARCADIS US in September 2013.

Submitted resume online through company career portal, received a call from HR to set up an initial interview. That interview was about 2 hours with 4 different people. They asked a lot of questions (usual interview questions), then I came in for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, they did ask me about various courses I have taken   Answer Question