AREVA

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Controls Intern Interview

Interviewed at AREVA

Interview Details – 2 Basic Interviews. 1 phone followed by an onsite. Onsite asked me very easy technical questions. It really wasn't bad at all. A few matlab questions and quite a few questions about what Areva does as well as what projects I would like to work on.

Negotiation Details – None

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AREVA in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was called for on campus interview

Interview Question – Which class do you like the most?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AREVA in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was terrible took too long, from point of applying to being hired was too long. This process needs to be made more lean and better for future applicants to even have a chance.

Interview Question – What is your best memory from college   Answer Question

Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AREVA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Great interview

Interview Question – What do you want to do 5yrs on   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interviewed at AREVA

Interview Details – Interview by a whole group of manager/engineers for about 2 hrs, focus on research

Interview Question – Most are expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Principal Engineer Interview

Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AREVA.

Interview Details – Called for phone interview, talked to supervisor and manager about an hour. Ask general situational questions and experience. Immediately got invited to the site.
Went after one month. Had panel interview and asked about same situational, work experience, degree. Generic questions. Then they took me to lunch. Manager made verbal offer on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got better offer from other place

Management Professional Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AREVA.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a nice, pleasant lady for a phone interview. At the conclusion of the call I was told I would receive a follow-up call the next week to schedule another follow-up interview with the hiring manager. She also provided me her direct phone number and encouraged me to call with any questions in the meantime. I did have another question in the interim (where I could address a thank you card) so I called the number I was provided, left a message stating the reason for my call, but did not receive a return call. I also did not receive the follow-up call promised for the following week to set up the follow-up interview; so I called and left a message to ask if there was some misunderstanding and to determine if I was still a candidate; I received no return call/message. I left a message once a week for the following two weeks after that requesting a call back to follow-up but not once received a response. I am very used to not getting calls back from recruiters and interviewers as they work through their process and deliberate on the merits of candidates. I also understand if they felt that I was not the best cadidate for the job after those deliberations; that's a reality of the world. However, it was unprofessional to receive no reply what-so-ever after I was [1] definitively told that I would receive a follow-up call the next week for a follow-up interview, and [2]pointedly encouraged to call with any follow-up questions and provided a direct number to do so.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Engineer IV Interview

Engineer IV
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AREVA in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online... 3 weeks later I was contacted by HR. I set up my initial phone interview which lasted 20 min. They asked the normal questions regarding your resume: work history, degrees received, etc. They told me that someone from engineering would contact me if my skills aligned with their needs. 1 week later I had my 2nd interview with the hiring director... we spent about 2 hours on the phone. Casual conversation... At the end of the conversation, I was invited out to meet the team. 2 weeks later I flew out. Areva covered all expenses (air, hotel, meals, rental car)... everything was first class. I had a panel interview first... and then during the course of the day I had a number of 1:1 interviews with people from the panel as well as upper management. Day 2 was more of the same. Would have loved to work there... but I think they hired someone who was local over me. The job description did say that relocation was not covered... I never touched on that assuming that if an offer was made that this may be negotiable. After the onsite interview, HR never followed up with me... 4 weeks after the onsite, I had to contact the hiring director to gain some closure to the process. The position had been filled.

Interview Question – Do you work better independently or in groups?   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AREVA in May 2009.

Interview Details – Started interview by introducing myself, and telling some basic information about my course of study and prior work experience. Following that I was told about what the role entailed. After hearing about the role I was asked to describe what I thought I could bring to the role through my past experiences.

Interview Question – How do you deal with meeting time sensitive deadlines?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internship Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AREVA in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer was professional and enthusiastic about the company. He was very eager share his experiences with the company, which were all very good. Nothing bad to say about the company. They are great and provide a lot of room to move around and find the place where you really belong.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite subject in school.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AREVA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AREVA interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by AREVA employees and interview candidates.