AREVA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AREVA in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was actually quite pleasant. I was expecting a more challenging interview process with the usual irrelevant interview questions. Management seemed to know what type of engineer they needed and filtered candidates appropriately. The biggest challenge is reaching Lynchburg. Flight cancellations to/from Lynchburg are quite frequent. Be prepared for the unexpected when planning travel.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Corporate policies limit negotiations. Expect salaries you'll find posted on this site. Moving expenses were covered as well as paid trip to find housing.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AREVA.

Interview Details – This was an interview for an internal transfer but the process is similar for people coming from outside of the company.

First, I used my network to get my resume past the HR job application system. Your resume can get weeded out by the HR system if you don't select the right options. After several phone calls, I did get invited in for an interview.

My interview was a panel style interview with six people at one time. Areva uses a behavioral interview process and the people at the table would each ask a question from a set of questions provided by HR. It was a bit amusing because they kept going around the table asking one question at a time reading off of a piece of paper.

I had to call a couple times after the interview to inquire if a decision had been made. It was nearly two months before I received their decision.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project where you had a difficult time with the customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

Controls Intern Interview

Controls Intern

Interviewed at AREVA

Interview Details – 2 Basic Interviews. 1 phone followed by an onsite. Onsite asked me very easy technical questions. It really wasn't bad at all. A few matlab questions and quite a few questions about what Areva does as well as what projects I would like to work on.

Negotiation Details – None

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AREVA in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was called for on campus interview

Interview Question – Which class do you like the most?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AREVA in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was terrible took too long, from point of applying to being hired was too long. This process needs to be made more lean and better for future applicants to even have a chance.

Interview Question – What is your best memory from college   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AREVA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Great interview

Interview Question – What do you want to do 5yrs on   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interviewed at AREVA

Interview Details – Interview by a whole group of manager/engineers for about 2 hrs, focus on research

Interview Question – Most are expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AREVA.

Interview Details – Called for phone interview, talked to supervisor and manager about an hour. Ask general situational questions and experience. Immediately got invited to the site.
Went after one month. Had panel interview and asked about same situational, work experience, degree. Generic questions. Then they took me to lunch. Manager made verbal offer on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got better offer from other place

Very Easy Interview

Production Operator Interview

Production Operator
Richland, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at AREVA.

Interview Details – worked for temp service, job offered, signed contract

Interview Question – You seem a bit over qualified, do you think you can afford to work here at the starting wage we're offering?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing take it or leave it

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Lynchburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AREVA.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR representative via phone/email. They were very friendly and set up the entire interview process from airfare, car rental and hotel rental. Interviewed by panel of supervisory engineers who took turns asking me behavioral and resume questions for about 90 minutes. Questions were not difficult but they did go into detail with almost every aspect of my resume and expected me to express opinions on various projects mentioned.

Interview Question – Think of a supervisor or professor who has positively influenced you. What traits or characteristics do they exhibit? explain   Answer Question

Worked for AREVA? Contribute to the Community!