AREVA

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.7

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AREVA.

My interview experience was many years ago. The company is currently using behavioral interviewing technique. That is all I can say. Utilize telephone interviews and site visits in interview process.

The current interview process asks situational questions and wants to know how you react. Questions such as what you learned from one of your failures, what is your greatest strength and why.

no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AREVA.

Good experience. So long ago I don't remember much out of the ordinary. Interviewed with department manager. Very pleasant personality which made the process less stressful. Human Resources person was also nice to deal with.

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to complete your degree?   View Answer
    Negotiated salary which involved starting at the beginning again but was worth it.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AREVA.

This was an interview for an internal transfer but the process is similar for people coming from outside of the company.

First, I used my network to get my resume past the HR job application system. Your resume can get weeded out by the HR system if you don't select the right options. After several phone calls, I did get invited in for an interview.

My interview was a panel style interview with six people at one time. Areva uses a behavioral interview process and the people at the table would each ask a question from a set of questions provided by HR. It was a bit amusing because they kept going around the table asking one question at a time reading off of a piece of paper.

I had to call a couple times after the interview to inquire if a decision had been made. It was nearly two months before I received their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project where you had a difficult time with the customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

Controls Intern Interview

2 Basic Interviews. 1 phone followed by an onsite. Onsite asked me very easy technical questions. It really wasn't bad at all. A few matlab questions and quite a few questions about what Areva does as well as what projects I would like to work on.

None

Test Engineer Interview

Interview by a whole group of manager/engineers for about 2 hrs, focus on research

No negotiation

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AREVA.

Called for phone interview, talked to supervisor and manager about an hour. Ask general situational questions and experience. Immediately got invited to the site.
    Went after one month. Had panel interview and asked about same situational, work experience, degree. Generic questions. Then they took me to lunch. Manager made verbal offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

Got better offer from other place

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AREVA in March 2013.

Great interview

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at AREVA.

worked for temp service, job offered, signed contract

Interview Questions
    • You seem a bit over qualified, do you think you can afford to work here at the starting wage we're offering?   View Answer
    nothing take it or leave it

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AREVA.

Spoke with HR representative via phone/email. They were very friendly and set up the entire interview process from airfare, car rental and hotel rental. Interviewed by panel of supervisory engineers who took turns asking me behavioral and resume questions for about 90 minutes. Questions were not difficult but they did go into detail with almost every aspect of my resume and expected me to express opinions on various projects mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a supervisor or professor who has positively influenced you. What traits or characteristics do they exhibit? explain   Answer Question

Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AREVA.

Was contacted by a nice, pleasant lady for a phone interview. At the conclusion of the call I was told I would receive a follow-up call the next week to schedule another follow-up interview with the hiring manager. She also provided me her direct phone number and encouraged me to call with any questions in the meantime. I did have another question in the interim (where I could address a thank you card) so I called the number I was provided, left a message stating the reason for my call, but did not receive a return call. I also did not receive the follow-up call promised for the following week to set up the follow-up interview; so I called and left a message to ask if there was some misunderstanding and to determine if I was still a candidate; I received no return call/message. I left a message once a week for the following two weeks after that requesting a call back to follow-up but not once received a response. I am very used to not getting calls back from recruiters and interviewers as they work through their process and deliberate on the merits of candidates. I also understand if they felt that I was not the best cadidate for the job after those deliberations; that's a reality of the world. However, it was unprofessional to receive no reply what-so-ever after I was [1] definitively told that I would receive a follow-up call the next week for a follow-up interview, and [2]pointedly encouraged to call with any follow-up questions and provided a direct number to do so.