ARHD Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.4

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at ARHD in July 2014.

Interview process consisted of the following:

Phone Interview: Brief conversation wth HR rep to assess basic qualifications and interest

Online Tech Evaluation: ProveIt technical assessment test. Not difficult - level one tech support questions.

Online Personality Assessment: standard test

Skype Interview: About 30-40 minute one on one interview. Typical questions about work experience and technical skills. Conduced very professionally. Good conversation and questions.

Onsite Process: Talking to staff on site then field three 'mock' support calls. This was a complete waste of time. Company was not at all prepared for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • None - If you have basic level one tech support skills you will be able to answer the questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARHD in October 2013.

I was actually very impressed with the interview process here. It was a bit lengthier than most other jobs, however that's understandable considering they were interviewing me to work from home. I was rather pleased with the number of interviews and requirements, although it was a bit of extra effort to keep coming out, in the end it was worth it, and I know that only really well qualified individuals will make it through the process. One thing to be sure of, is even though you may not notice it, they are observing you very closely the entire time. They are very thorough, but they also respect your time and they try to avoid any wasted time or effort. Some might find it annoying, but I found it refreshing & I really liked all of their various tests for personality types and skill sets, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest shortcoming, challenge, or area you need to improve upon professionally with yourself.   View Answer
    I laid out my requirements of what I was seeking on the very first phone interview with the CEO, and they were just above fair for the industry for someone of my expertise. I wasn't sure he would go for it, but he didn't hesitate for a moment. Then when it came to the offer, they made an offer above the average of the range I requested, so I felt no need to negotiate further as I was more than satisfied with the initial offer within my requested range. Not to mention working from home is a HUGE bonus and saves tons of money. overall a very positive experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARHD in November 2011.

I received an initial phone call from the Help Desk Manager at the time. This was followed up with a technical assessment test that was extremely easy and out of date. I was then called in for a series of face to face interviews. The interview was in a very run down building in Eldersburg...not a location for a professional company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was being required to drive to their location for so many interviews   Answer Question
    It was this is what we will pay you. If you don't like it, move on.

Senior Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARHD.

First i had a phone interview and then about two weeks later had a in person interview with multiple people at the head quarters. I was then called back for a second interview where I was offered the position. Also had to take a online test.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. They were all normal interview questions in my eyes.   Answer Question

I declined because they do not pay very well and there was little to no room for advancement.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARHD.

HR person calls to setup interview with CEO over the phone. He interviews everyone first. You have to take several personality tests and a basic skills test. After this you get called in to interview with someone there and review your test and find out more about you. A follow-up interview is usually scheduled with who will be your manager and then an offer presented by the CEO. There is no negotiating on the salary and he wants an answer right then basically.

Interview Questions
    There isn't one. You either take the offer the CEO makes right then or walk.

Senior Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ARHD in October 2011.

Telephone call after sending resume general information for me and from me. Telephone call from assistant/receptionist with a list of general technical questions. Telephone interview with IT Director covering general background on both sides. Telephone interview with Team Supervisor general background work experience some how would you handle technical questions. Another telephone interview with a team lead with the same. Email from CEO general information followed up with a 1-1 with the CEO who is more interested in the Personality test, followed with an offer with no negotiation.
    If you don't know the answer to a technical question don't give one... bad answers are emailed to everyone on Friday's as the 'laughs of the week'. Nice, right?

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Unless you desperately need the job think more than twice.

Senior Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at ARHD in April 2011.

This was for a work from home position. Time consuming process, CEO handles recruiting efforts personally. Many interviews with different people, including a video conference - no less than six total. Skills test performed over phone, covered basic networking, OS, and applications. Personality and morals tests are offered online (some have questions political in nature which I declined to answer).

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any questions being more difficult than any other.   Answer Question

This job was billed as a "Senior" position but the offer did not reflect that. Compensation package was extremely weak, with no promise of advancement opportunity. Incentive program oversold, one-week vacation offered for first year and three weeks is not given until 5 years of service. Company bills itself as "America's" Remote Help Desk but was told they are content with the Baltimore market and have no plans to expand. I also felt the Director I would report to was a bit hot-headed and not going to be easy to work for.

Anonymous Employee  in  Homer Glen, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Homer Glen, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ARHD in March 2011.

Played phone tag with the recruiter and e-mail with his admin. Had a conversation with him in which he didn't sound interested or awake, then was told I would be contacted by HR for follow-up.

Follow-up was a rejection e-mail from his admins account 'signed' by the HR manager.

IT Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARHD in December 2010.

The first step was a phone interview. The HR worker asked basic interview questions. After a couple of days, I was called in for a first interview with the Office Manager. We discussed my previous work experience in depth, what the position would entail, and whether I thought I would be interested. The interview lasted about an hour. The second interview started with a 30 minute computer skill test covering Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I then met with the CEO and then the two people whom the position would be assisting. After taking 3 online value, moral, and personality tests online, I was called back again. An offer was extended to me at that time.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Good communication and good process for bringing in the right people.

Interview Questions
    Lower than market value offer considering what they bill their legal and venture capital clients.

Worked for ARHD? Contribute to the Community!